Buds Slow To Fill In

I think the cbd mediplant is indica Dom, produces like 15% thc & 7 cbd, I think. Really, if that's your only grow I'd scope em, if they are amber I'd cut em, take what ya get & start some more, that said, if the trycs are clear, let it roll

Nope, not at all. They either just lied to u, or sent u the wrong beans. Thats a sativa alllll the way. Think like 12-14wks.

And she is overfed, and has ph issues.,, the leaves tell that story clearly. She wont ever fill in like u planned, even post 12wks.

Sorry, but thats the straight dope

cannabis is just like other plants. does it make sense that the organic tomatoes i grew last year were still green well into october? no.

picked those tomatoes before the frost. they never ripened. decided to mold on me instead. almost all of my other tomatoes ripened fine. yes i am bitter.

Thanks, Willy. I'm about this close to giving up! Frustrated as ever! Conflicting opinions, confusion...I've heard underfed, over fed, low light, high heat, etc. I do know ph has been up at times and heat upper 80's.

I use ph down as my water is 8, adjust it accordingly but this girls ph goes high even tho......

I'll give plain ph'd water this week and hope for the best. Freaking out, I must say. These gals were really impressive, now, I'm not sure.

Feeling stupid.

I dont believe these are worth giving up on just yet. I discard cannabis too, so not shy about doing so. I wont nurse a sick plant for long regardless of its current state.

I think they are over fed too, and know they have a ph issue. fix both is my suggestion. maybe further decrease your ph'd fresh water. plain water until they begin to express again. dont water until the pots are light and dry, all the way down. if the plant droops its only a day late for watering. make them work hard in soil, just like out door periods. I never saw a cannabis die from not having enough nutrients for thought. prepare for failure to avoid being without meds, there is a good chance they will not fully recover I'm mostly with Indigro on that, or make you happy when used. If they dont show some change after dry out/plain watering in a week or so I'd compost them sadly.  if the plant count space being freed can somehow help you, cut them down now, rabbits love green cannabis.  so sorry jf

Dr. Green thumb's Mediplant is a 50/50 hybrid. You have a sativa dominant pheno.

I wouldn't worry at all. I have grown many different sativas and that's just the way some of them grow. Most folks under the age of 40 or so are used to Indica's and hybrids and expect them to grow the same way but they don't.

Some sativas are also very sensitive to too much fertilizer. You might try cutting back. If those were mine and the first grow of a new strain I'd go to just water at this point. They look like typical sativas to me.

Should I flush now or dry them out first? The salts need to be removed more than drying out right now, don't they? I think I'll flush w ph'd water, and a tiny amount of clear, wait and see what happens in a week or two. I've never had such a failure in growing, and they looked like they were doing well. bunny muffin. Live and learn......

So you're saying there's nothing I can do to help her at this point?

Totally understand ur position, been there myself, i like growing sativas esp for myself, just that most inbthe community have never had em, and r entirely used to seeing compressed indicas, so it is a tough sale when they dont fill out, and some sativas just never do. Ur girl looks straight sativa to me

Quick question, what r u growing in? Insofar as the medium... And what has ur ec/ppm been mixed at? And i guess a few more quick questions... U mentioned ph swings, how do mean, describe please what u r seeing? And what does ur tap water come in at for ec/ph?

First thing i would strongly recommend doing, as this would be my likely first step, is to mix a batch of 1.0ec nutes at a 6.0ph, maybe twice as much as u usually do. Run half of that through and gather the runoff. Check the runoff for ec and ph. Btw, if u can at all do it, use an ro filter for this to eliminate hatd water problems that likely is contributing. Then run the other half through and recheck the ec/ph at runoff.

That bit of info will tell us a lot about what is going on in the pots/medium. From these values u can assess how to best procede for further corrective action.

And not to be a downer, but at this point it is corrective, but wont be able to restore what has been lost in time. U just want to make sure that u remove as much of the stress as possible and it is up to plant to finish whatever she is going to do... Cant change that, just got to help her a bit and leave it at that. In this sense, there is no magic cure. But u can remove the underlying problems, which will help for sure

And u never know, she may be ugly by conventional standards but could be the trippiest, most kind bending thing this side of the sixties. I like sativas ;-))

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they are filling in! I flushed them 12 (or so) days ago with 1/4 strength Clear. 1 is at 71 days, the others a week behind. All are improving!! Thanks Wild Bill for your guidance on SATIVAS! You were right on......I'm glad I asked and Wild Bill knows sativa growing.

I have never had such a sativa dominate girl.....is supposed to be a 50/50. Had I only known that my seed was a 3+ month girl.

Thanks, Willy. I'm about this close to giving up! Frustrated as ever! Conflicting opinions, confusion...I've heard underfed, over fed, low light, high heat, etc. I do know ph has been up at times and heat upper 80's.

I use ph down as my water is 8, adjust it accordingly but this girls ph goes high even tho......

I'll give plain ph'd water this week and hope for the best. Freaking out, I must say. These gals were really impressive, now, I'm not sure.

Feeling stupid.

I had some realy hard well water!  I had to ph up and down, I used to go buy the 2 gallon jugs of water at the groceri store for like $1.99 for 2 and a half gallons,,,,,,,,I started using my tap water again and I bought a 30 gallon plastic garbage can, I would do all of my nute mixing and ph it, and I put air stones in my 30 gal, my ph jumped up and down for like a week, after that it stayed where I wanted it, just a thought!

Best of luck!

Peace

might have been a fifty/fifty seed run, but genotypes can show all of one, or the other, or anything in between unless a stable breeding program was adhered to. Some breeders do, some dont, either way gems are always found. I hope, just in case, you cloned it early. you never know, its happened alot to me, with trials, no clones, record scores , no copies, bummer. 

could try to clone her now, lower newest cutting, snip flowers off top, good luck, its hit or miss cloning with a flowering sativa for me.

I'm off to study foxtailing. I always thought it was high heat/ high lights that caused this. I've seen it in the flower room, seemed to be genetics, same strain does it all the time, while none others do, same lights, temps, rh etc. I culled the troublesome wench, no time here for a weak kneed line. thought it might be sensitive to a habit none of the others are....I think it was a sativa dom too

i recently cloned a Greenhouse seeds Super lemon haze after she was done stretching and started stacking flowers, about 4 weeks into flower (including ~ 2 wk. stretch). this wasnt my first time doing it, although a big budda bluecheese was the first strain i had success with. ill get some picks of it as soon as i can. in both cases they revegged after about 2 weeks in a dome and looked forever like they was on a bad PH trip, kinda reminds me of fear and loathing... with 1, 2, ...5, and 6 bladed leaves all over, whorl, curl, funky shaped fiddlehead fern looking leaves.  after leaving it under a 24 hr. aerogarden light for a few weeks it grew out pretty quick to about 10 inches all around but it was a bushy hot mess! So i topped her, grabbed the whole plant like a bunch of flowers and chopped off about 4 inches of the remaining plant. just took a large pair of shears and 2 clips later she was done. i shook her out a bit, looked like confetti all around! gave her a feeding  and tucked her back under the light for about 2 weeks. after she recovered it was into the bloom room. its been about 4 days now and shes looking real good. I wouldnt recommend trying with a strain that isnt well known for stability. because there is so much stress involved, you need a solid genetic foundation that can take a few hits and stand strong.

its worth a try for sure! I may even have some pics of the blu in my gallery. if it still exists,lol ill have to go check :P

You said you are using tap water. Most tap water has a lot of calcium and lime in it. After a few months of watering with hard water, the calcium and lime will build up in the soil and cause nutrient lockout. Hard water and the resulting build up of calcium/lime will raise the pH of the soil. I have found that dry nutes will lower the soil pH, so maybe it is a wash. Run some low pH water through the pots and check the pH of the runoff. Adjust pH of future water based on what is coming out.

A good flushing is always helpful, but make sure you replace the nutes that have been flushed out. I have found that dry nutes do not seem to wash out too bad.

Consider adding a water softener. I have used soft water for years and have had zero problems. I had multiple problems using hard water.

Do the instructions on your dry nutrients say to feed at every watering? The dry nutes I have used recommended feeding every 1 or 2 months.