Milegalize + Petitioners = Getting On The 2016 Michigan Ballot

jamieuke

Norby, thank you for the response. I really believe this type of a conversation is needed again, something we should be discussing at the dinner table amongst our families, in the schools (at an early age even), at church, and most certainly in the media and other forums for public debate. Not a 30second sound bite from a politician or a ceo, but real discussion between real people. So thank you for the response.

I am no expert either. I did take to reading and leading to alternative views at a younger age, but several decades later, this is far from study on my part. But it isnt a topic that is as terribly difficult as it is made out. I believe that is actually intentional... An obfuscation of the topics relating to out economy and values. It serves a certain minority in our society to do so. It serves the owners of capital and mass production. It serves the ridiculously wealthy. But if we had these discussions, if more people were aware, if they felt the ability to influence related decisions, then we (as a society) would be much better off.

One thing i would like to comment on, after a quick observation... What u discuss as a millionaire, working a decent life at an honorable task, and saving a million for their family... That is just over broke in america anymore, imo. Yes they may seem rich to most folks making under 60k per year, but one good illness (or even a liabilty lawsuit) will wipe that million in savings to nothing. Most families in the upper middle income bracket are pretty darn close to the just over broke line than many of us think. Im not talking about people earning over a million per year, but that work to save up those amounts over the course of decades... In particular, small biz owners. Of course there are many other considerations, view points, examples and exceptions.

But the one point i would to carry over is your consideration of labor, and its mobility across borders. In this sense, out labor/work has been turned into a unit cost just like any other variable. No longer are companies tied to the communities in which they operate, not do they serve the interests of those populations they sell to. Every decision they, or their professional managers make, is one that ultimately depends on the dollar... the costs and the profits. There are no values assigned or factored in their decisions, it all revilves around and depends upon the profit. Profit doesnt care about people's quality of lives, nor about the quality of the products or services they offer. Profit only concerns itself with selling the most, as cheaply possible, and selling even more the next year for even more profits. The who, what, where and how ultimately depend on finding a matrix that best achieves the most profit. If values have to factor in, then it does so only against how it will affect profits. That is how all decisions within a corporate setting is made.

Ok, so back to labor... Labor is just the same... It is a reducible variable tied to profit. We/they can strip it of all values, and represent it based on a dollar figure only. And with the opening of a global economy, that dollar figure (labor) can compete with other dollar figures (again other labor, or other people) from other places in the world. That decision does not include anything about the quality of the societies the labor is located, the quality of the lives of those people, or any other factors relating to what we would call morals or values. People are no longer people, their lives no longer matter. They are just one quantifiable variable (a dollar representation) that can be compared and put into competition with one another. And as such, we (americans) have the quality of our lives stripped from the equation and shopped around against the people of india, cambodia, thailand, venezuela, or whererver. And again, the qulaity of those people's doesnt matter just as the quality of our lives doesnt matter... In that it doesnt matter to the decision makers, the owners of capital and their professional managers and their politicians. All of us are reduced to a simple dollar figure, removed from any other set of values that may compete w that.

I believe your point on labor is central to our problems. The fact that our lives are reduced to the simple variable of a dollar sign. The fact that the quality of thise lives is excluded from the calculations of profit, and as such, from the decisions the profit seekers make. We do not factor. We are not important. And to make it worse, we have to compete w other populations w even lower qualities of life... Forced to even lower our quality of life to become even more competitive and keep jobs. And that vicious cycle continues to erode everyone's quality of life (from the perspective of the common worker that is, those that should be our middle class).

This reduction and functioning of work and people is a key, fundamental problem w the assumptions of iur capitalist society... That has run amock imo.

We need to better discuss, re-evaluate, and infuse some other variables (such as other values that account for the human quality of life) into the process. Im not saying down w capitalism and meritocracy, but we do need address how poorly our economy is doing in addressing the needs of it's people. It needs to be rethought and reworked.

And there are many, many decades of serious intellectual thought on how we could do much, much better. I am not as well versed here, but this knowledge does exist... Very much so. But it isnt discussed, and when so, it is obfuscated and/or dismissed out of hand as being 'un-american', when in actuality it would better out qualities of life. They (those that really own capital and control our government) choose which economists that are put into positions of regulatory authority that make/perpetuate policy... But there are many alternative theorists and policies we could insitute if more americans would be open to discussing it.

Oh we could talk for hours.  They already know where all this is going.  Buying up all the worlds fresh water properties, etc.etc.etc.

Ummm, where do I start and what do I have time for? Quick onceover.

These corps are so competitive to devalue us as people and have us rely on them that their profits only hold them over a few days.  If everyone became more basic so as to not need these products we could change everything in about 3 days. All the food chains would go out in about that time.  We don't really have full lines of anything in this country anymore.  That is raw material, production and sales.  Luckily we've got our gas back to producing enough here for the whole country. But if things change quick we could get companies to change their ways, go out of business and new local companies to flourish.  It won't be thru laws or gov't it'll be thru voting with the dollar, not needing the new iphone(which most kids are addicted to and stupid without) or cable(paid over $130/month back in NY till I moved and cancelled.  Within one month they called offering the same package for $55/month), or plastic toys, etc.  They all respond solely to profit and that's the key.  If we grow our own food and can the pesticide and fungicide companies that are poisoning us would go out of business down to the ones that are env conscious.  I could go on but have no time, expanding the gardens and making a chicken coop with attached legal grow/run.  I'll do one or the other.  Getting ready to go kayaking with the family that provides our grass grazed cow we get every year.

My eyes are open and I have lots of time to figure how society is going wrong and what can and can't fix it.  It has to be an awaking of the people though.  They still have the power though they've given a lot of it away, it can be taken back in an instant. 

Next I was going to go into banks and interest and cc's and points/rewards/cash back and the stock mkt and fiat currency.  If people change these .001% have built such empires that they'd have to be sold off in weeks if their business' dont make money, if their movement of cash doesn't "control" the mkts so they can make such insane profits.  The cc's can give such benfits because they gain power thru you using them.  They've even tied most peoples retirement into the stock mkt. so that people have "interests" in these corporations, if they don't do well the avg american doesn't retire when tehy sell off their share to the next gen. to be enslaved by.

Was seriously contempating selling everything off and moving to Alaska earlier.  No insurance, electric gas, bills, headaches from other people, working for other people.  Get my own food, make my own shelter and live(shortly) and die naturally, I think I actually would be happier even as much as I hate the cold.

The Intolerable Acts were the American Patriots' term for a series of punitive laws passed by the British Parliament in 1774 after the Boston Tea party. They were meant to punish the Massachusetts colonists for their defiance in throwing a large tea shipment into Boston harbor. In Great Britain, these laws were referred to as the Coercive Acts.

The acts took away Massachusetts' self-government and historic rights, triggering outrage and resistance in the Thirteen Colonies. They were key developments in the outbreak of the American Revolution in 1775.

This one ?

By Golly, that's the one :>)

I heard the place to go is costa rico, cheap living, warm and oceans close by.. If i was a few years younger that were i would go for sure..

Phaq it willy let go!  Can I still get ssdi there, hey we can get married bawahahahahaha, it may boost both of our ssi an ssdi or retirement package, shoot you aint gotta worry about me, im not shy, I will bring the senior reta's home to us,,,,I hope I can pick them up easier then I can spell lmao!

You know when I type omg or lmfao my i-phone actualy says it the long way, like lmfao-laughing my f uck ing donkey off,,,,it writes the whole thing, and sometimes it is not realy a good thing lol!

any hoo we can take advantage of the gay marriage thing,,,,,we dont have to be gay to get married,  we can have our woman and cover or butts lol (literaly and figurtively),,,costa rico baby, out door grows and beautiful tanned woman!  sounds like an almost plan! 

Now one of us has to buy a ring and get on ther knee's!!!  Bawahahahahahahahahaha

Peace

p.s any one that prays please say a prayer for my 12 hr old grand son,,,,his mom's uterious exploded and he had to be emergency c-sectioned,,,,,Mom is medicaly fine, but please dont forget my meagen also, if you do a church service or pray at home please include, my meagen and lincoln russell,  last I heard one of his lungs collapsed, he went straight to N.I.C.U and than straight to a better hospital, so he was all alone till his dad (my son) could get there!  

Im a Grandpa for the 3rd and last time!

Thanks!

edit= Im sorry, I should have made a thread instead of high jacking this thread, please dont let this detour us from the o.p

Once again sorry o.p!

Edited by phaquetoo

I heard the place to go is costa rico, cheap living, warm and oceans close by.. If i was a few years younger that were i would go for sure..   Cant do that they are building a wall to keep Americans out, 

Check out Belize. I've known people who moved there and I'm thinking of moving there myself.

we had a family friend that left for Costa Rica with a few hundred bucks and nowhere to go/no plans. He didnt make contact for years but when he did he asked to be wired

750 bucks to get back to the states, every couple years, he asked again. It was really inexpensive to live there and have a great time, which he did, for $750 every couple years.

My family supported him into 1978. He finally returned, moved in with his Dad in Detroit. Him and dad were gunned down in their home and burned to the ground that year.

Costa Rica is a great place. You can choose tolive in a variety of climates. In the Central Valley the temperatures are mild year round. You may not even need heat or AC. And nary a mosquito to be found. Or live on the coast and it gets super hot with bugs galore.

I used to have a used car import business there and made the trip many times. In 2007 I was getting round trip airfare from DTW for $245. I could leave on a Thursday and come home on Sunday night and spend only around $400 total for airfare, taxi, food, and hotel.

I met many expats there, most of whom were living well on SS. Some also had pensions. Health care is very good and cheap. Cell phone service is close to free.

I met one guy who was retired from the Dallas Fire Department. He had weekly maid service and a lawnkeeper/gardener. He had about $2600/ month coming in, lived in a nice condo, ate almost all meals out, satellite TV and Internet and managed to save about $1000 per month.

Another guy I met was a Vietnam vet. He had a baby with a 20-something lady down there. He said the U.S. Government paid $600/month to her for the kid, and that was more than enough for them to live on. Consider that salaries for teachers and cops are between about $400 and $500 per month. So he'd spend a few months per year down there and pretty much enjoy a free ride. I don't know if he was pulling my leg, but that was his story.

Costa Rica figured it out a long time ago. They had a revolution in I think 1949. There was a contested presidential election. The loser launched a coup, overthrew the sham government, then pushed through a new constitution that eliminated the military and directed the funds to education. He then stepped down.

My best advice for anyone looking to retire in Costa Rica is to learn Spanish. The running joke there is the "gringo tax". If you can't speak Spanish, you pay just about double for everything.

I met many expats there, most of whom were living well on SS. Some also had pensions. Health care is very good and cheap. Cell phone service is close to free.

My best advice for anyone looking to retire in Costa Rica is to learn Spanish. The running joke there is the "gringo tax". If you can't speak Spanish, you pay just about double for everything.

I spent an extended time in mexico, same way at the time,, back in the late 70's   pack of smokes gringo tax.. 2.00 us,,,,,  mexican 30 peso a pack.. :) once they knew you were there for a whle and not a real tourist. life wasn't so bad although very poor.. a sack of weed was like .50 cents,  a really big sack LOL

Maybe tRump is building that wall to keep us from leaving .

bernie needs to keep hanging in there,,,,,,hillary's past might catch her good enough to out her!  Im hoping and wishing I dont have to pick between trump and hillary, is any one running independent?   probably trump if they dont give him the nod,,,,,,now im not a fan, in fact he fricking scares me with his b.s, we already had a few presidents that pissed off the rest of the world, we dont need another!

I say go bernie!  It is free to dream, dont take away my dream, (im not a fan of his either but at least he is not a quitter)

Peace

bernie needs to keep hanging in there,,,,,,hillary's past might catch her good enough to out her!  Im hoping and wishing I dont have to pick between trump and hillary, is any one running independent?   probably trump if they dont give him the nod,,,,,,now im not a fan, in fact he fricking scares me with his b.s, we already had a few presidents that pissed off the rest of the world, we dont need another!

I say go bernie!  It is free to dream, dont take away my dream, (im not a fan of his either but at least he is not a quitter)

Peace

i'll put trump before clinton.

If trump dont get the party nod, I will never vote in a primary again!

I will never vote republican again, I might only vote for local matters!  It is my right to vote and my right not to vote!

Why would I waiste my time to vote when it dont matter any how?

Peace

voting does matter. it lets government know exactly who you would choose, from the oppressors, to further oppress you. Importantly it lets them see which candidates are publicly perceived as  the lesser of two evils. been working well for the oppressors for  long time. Notice how one is rarely satisfied with their choices.

It helps them direct market goods and information to your door step. voting matters alot to those being voted for and against for example :dodgyrun:

“Never be deceived that the rich will allow you to vote away their wealth.”

lucy parsons

"If voting really made a difference they wouldnt allow you to do it"  Mark Twain

Edited by grassmatch

If trump dont get the party nod, I will never vote in a primary again!

I will never vote republican again, I might only vote for local matters!  It is my right to vote and my right not to vote!

Why would I waiste my time to vote when it dont matter any how?

Peace

Hmm, seems I've heard this somewhere before tehe ;)

How is mom and grand baby doing today?