Bring'um Young

Residents Disgusted by Michigan Strip Club Hiring High School Graduates

Screen-Shot-2016-05-25-at-9.20.46-PM-640

by Jerome Hudson25 May 2016163

A Michigan strip club’s billboard advertisement has caused a controversy and has disgusted Clare County residents.

The large sign for Miceli’s Corner, which can be seen by passersby, encourages female graduates from the class of 2016 to come in and apply for a job in the sexual entertainment business.

“If you’re a graduate, you [should] want to go to college,” Lisa Mulholland, a Harrison resident said according to TV5.

“Children fresh out of high school shouldn’t be taking their clothes off for money. I think it’s sickening,” said local resident Lisa Dickerson said.

“They’re good people, but I still don’t think it’s right. I don’t think it’s right at all,” Mulholland said.

The billboard is gaining traction and responses on social media. The sign also features the club’s hours and a telephone number.

Facebook user Jason Swejkowski posted a picture of the strip club’s advertisement, with the caption, “Miceli’s corner made the news.”

“For being best strip club in Michigan?” asked Aaron Ploss.

“No for their sign it says now hiring class of 2016, they could use some fresh talent, LOL,” Jason Swejkowski responded.

At the time of this article’s publishing, TV5 was unable to obtain comment from the owner of Miceli’s Corner.

sounds like a road trip ! you know, to support these girls' college funds, gotta do what you can to help todays youth. These chicks could be slinging burgers in a dangerous drive through, or using drugs just to deal with their 9 to five receptionist responsibilities. 15 bucks an hour......Wendy's will be forced to compete for employees soon

while I support the rights of the strip club, can you honestly say that you dont believe this is at least a tad distasteful?

things i find distasteful:

people putting non-food things in food (msg, sawdust/silica filler, sunflower oil in "olive oil" etc)

racists. including people who fly the stars and bars.

nanny puritans, telling me what i can do in my own home to my own body. or nanny politicians who restrict sick people in pain from getting pain prescriptions.

liars and hypocrites.

i'm not a person who likes strip clubs, but i will defend anyone's freedom of speech. including if you want to fly the stars and bars or be a racist.

Do you think that people fear that a young person might consider it for the first time after reading the billboard? Or is it just that small-town America doesn't want to think about the reality of what's happening? The only people that should take their clothes off for money are those that can't graduate from high school and go to college? I find the logic behind any notion of (extra) distastefulness a bit hard to grasp.

asking me?

I love boobies man. I love girls with boobies, alot. I like it when girls show their boobies to me. I've seen alot of boobies. I dont care if girls show them at the school too, and they do, I've seen them there when I was enrolled. I dont like the college statements either. How many of these dads go there in the dark  to watch their neighbors' daughters boobies I wonder?

but I thought for sure tpain would find the sign distasteful. I'd like to hear from some who live in the town, maybe some pics of the girls they employ, etc....

I personally think the town does not like a booby bar in it. Like many towns across the states, booby bars are in the middle of controversy. I understand the reasons why a community would not want one and also why they wouldnt want to tempt their precious girls with signage. Nobody wants their daughter to show their boobies to a stranger for cash, nobody here I hope. Nobody wants their daughter to dance on stage topless, get dollars stuffed into their panties or mingle with the folks who do the like.  In seriousness though I've only been to a few dives...Sail Inn!!!(phaq was a regular I bet) and the Traffic Light, and maybe one in Detroit I dont recall.

I'd rather see newly graduated boobies dancing for money than that Sail Inn place, where WildBill was when that selfie was taken. :P

Edited by grassmatch

There you go. It's not really about age, is it?

"Children fresh out of high schooltheir town school

They seem to like the club as long as daughters from other schools show their boobies and their high school daughters dont.  School reunions there are gonna be a trip!!!   Phaq's gonna be DJ'ing that party I think !!

are 18 year olds, children, grass?

if you're old enough to join the army, i figure thats old enough to make your own choices.

what?   did you notice the quotation marks AND the italics in the statement tpain?  its directly from the article not from me.

but in case you did, and just curious how I feel.....of course 18 year olds are not children by a state standard, but my 18 year old was certainly my child, and still is. I swear if he at any age ever dresses in pasties and flashes his titzies for cash from guys.................

I dont see a problem with it. The bigger question is why it is some times better to take a job like this to pay for school than to take a loan, on the chance you may or may not get a job in your degree field, and then if you do...pay for that loan for ten years or more. If the world were friendly to new adults, things like this would not even be an issue. If you look around the world, america is one of the few 1st world countrys where college costs put people in debt for a good portion of thier lives. While this might of been acceptable when we had the number 1 schools in the world, this is not true anymore. Were sinking deeper and deeper on the totem pole, not just in education, but across the board, in everything except incarcerated population.

Id rather pay to watch 18 teen somethings dance for me than 30 somethings, and i am paying for it.

imo, what a person does with their bodies is their choice.

Perhaps if these type business's where legitimized, better regulated (ugg, there's that dirty word!) etc...

young girls who choose this profession would no longer be so demonized?

idk the answer.

One thing I know for certain... being a stripper is not always a precursor to prostitution.

I have known many a stripper in my day and not all of them engage in back room 'favors'.

Just yesterday, my 20 year old niece who is a college sophomore and I were discussing her school loans

and why she chose not to strip herself through college.  She could make good money of that I am sure.

She instead works two low paying jobs which helps her pay for her car and daily living expenses, it in

no way will relieve the debt she is incurring.  She fully understands this and told me that if the business

of stripping was 'safer' and not "so seedy" (her words) she would have had no issue paying off college

by doing so.

I don't know... perhaps I am too liberal. 

You started this thread with the title; Bring'um Young. Pull your head out your arse.

Glad to see you posting again Resto.

I think grassmatch brings some good info to this forum, but, like you, I was a bit confused about why he would post with a title of "bring um young" and then say that he said nothing about age. WTF. I'm beginning to think that grassmatch has some hidden motive...boosting post counts on the forum for some exposure. I dunno. It smells sleazy.

Hmmm, I am surprised this is even a news story,... hahaha.

I am personally not a big fan of strip clubs. Went a few times when I was young. Never made much sense to me. I could just go to a regular bar and get laid for free!

:-)

But I encourage anything sinful as long as itdoesn't actually harm others. :-)

Beware of the Puritans.  They usually have the most to hide...

I think grassmatch brings some good info to this forum, but, like you, I was a bit confused about why he would post with a title of "bring um young" and then say that he said nothing about age. WTF. I'm beginning to think that grassmatch has some hidden motive...boosting post counts on the forum for some exposure. I dunno. It smells sleazy.

the title was a tongue in cheek humor, in "general conversation, I see at least on poster got it, it worked. someone lol'd, sorry you didnt.

If you dont like my humor, ok. if you dont get it, ok, maybe try and accuse me of other things too, like trying to be religious, or trying to make someone laugh, it doesnt have to be sinister you know. post counts?really, how old are you, actually now....?post counts....buwaaahhaaaaa now I see whats on your mind, nice peek.

carry on, you are so wrong about this, and unkind for the accusations. wtf is right on.

"who said anything about age" is different than the humorous title actually. "Age" and "young" are both subjective. I see 18 yr olds goofing off and refer to them as kids, as do most of the people around me. Some of them think 30 is "old" for example, a simple concept to accept I think . 18 is young to a 50 yr old, not so much to a 19 yr old though. Being older I can refer to anyone as young, if they're younger than me right? 

"boosting post counts on the forum for exposure or something"   really? right up there with multiple identities and an octopot salesman. wow, grow up eh.

You've brought up post counts, I dont think I have ever heard anyone do so in the years I've been posting here.  Wow, bobntorey are the winners   Hoooray!! for them.  I'm gonna go dig my legos out now, you guys have a safe weekend.

Nice to see you are still keeping it real here. That's priceless. 

A while back I read about web businesses that offer to bolster a web sites posts by thinking up topics and posting with many user ID's to keep a web site looking active. I don't know that grassmatch is getting paid like the real deal web site 'helpers', but he sure does what they were talking about. The fluff is nauseating to me. Posting whatever comes off the top of his head without much thought. Just blathering. Then the bad propaganda saying we are the reason that Schuette and his pet legislature have to be taking away our rights. The combo is just more than a person can stomach. And then whenever confronted with the bad info he says he was just kidding. 

Grassmatch has said this is just the way it is now 'in the world'. I say that it is every person's job on the internet to keep things real. The more realists the more you see the fluff and bad info shrink away to nothing. Thanks for the help. I think 'the world' needs a lot of this kind of help.