Trimming

Kingdiamond

I use a product called "Sap off" works great, then wash hands.. I only rubbed my eyes once when trimming.. LOL I learned fast not to do that..  :lolu:

Sap Off Soap (SOS) is an absolute must-have item.  Removes stuff as good or better than alcohol, but doesn't dry your skin out (it actually moisturizes it).  And it's pretty cheap, too.

The trim machines do really beat up the buds, while good for commercial ops or co ops, personal medicinal or caregiver ops there a bit much. Although there is a member post mentioning one that he says works good and doesnt beat them up. Pricey for a single grower tho.

I never fail to get resin in my eyes..i get in the zone triming away and always manage to touch an eye. I think ive devoloped a tolerance..it doesnt burn as long anymore lol

Seems like those auto trimmers would knock off a good percentage of the trichomes. 

Might be fine if you want to use the kief I guess.  Not so lovely buds result from any I've seen.

It does have a catch pad below the blades of the expensive unit so you end up with a pile of sticky goodness after you finish.

Seems like those auto trimmers would knock off a good percentage of the trichomes. 

Might be fine if you want to use the kief I guess.  Not so lovely buds result from any I've seen.

I dont know about the auto trimmers, But I do know alot of c.g's are drying on screens and not letting all the keif go to their pt's!

I would rather use a trimmer and still have my keif rather than lose most to the c.g,  If you buy from a despense I would imagine there is even less tric's on them budds!

Peace

A few months ago I stopped into a new shop in town just to check it out.

I decided to do a little recon and purchased 1g.  Once home I looked at it

under the loupe and it had been kiefed (screened, tumbled w/e), there were

NO trichomes on the outside of the bud.  I still have not smoked it.  I have

it on hand to show others what they can get from the shops.

I am not saying all shops do this but dam... knock off the medicine from

the plant material then sell to pt's for $15g???  That is criminal imho.

I have never purchased from a shop, I just used common sense in my comment about the lack of tric's!

Peace

Homey the bad dealer moved into a building with a sign. I have yet to see one decent dealer do that. All the scam artists show up running these shops. Or newby's that don't know decent bud, don't know how to trim right, don't know how to dry right. Just know how to collect money. I can spot an outsider in a second. By their acts at these shops or their words posting here. Some people are just so fake and ignorant, thinking they are passing themselves off as the real deal. Just like any trade, do it constantly for about 7 years and you are good at it. Most will quit right around the time they start trimming and find out it's work. 

yeah, and if you actually find quality... $$$$$$$

Most real quality strains don't produce much so it's going to be expensive. I don't see very many growers even talking about the real quality strains because they can't charge enough to make it worth growing for money. They always are talking about the crosses that are close to real and produce good. 

I do not shop at the store fronts.  I stopped in only bc I was walking by and they were 'new'. 

I ended up buying 1 gram for my research on the quality of meds around @ local shops.

We were gearing up for a moratorium here w/ City Council meetings and such and I was

doing a bit of my own research for this reason.

I take this little gram and my loupe out with me to various local gatherings so I can show

people what to look for.   I suggest that if they are going to shop at the store fronts that

they purchase a loupe and use it prior to any purchases.

Most CG's at any farmers market I've been to have their own magnifying glass/ loupe

right there on the table for would be customers to take a close look at their meds...

growers are not trying to hide anything at the farmers mkts. ime.

I do get sticky fingers, I guess im used to using my knuckles to rub my eyes when my hands are dirty!

I dont like coconuts but im willing to try anything once!  well almost anything lol!

Peace

edit= I just hung a green crack, so I will be trimming soon, I have never had green crack, I know it stunk my car up bad, cruise control and back roads all the way home from c.g's,,,,,,I need to load a pic, man Im blessed to have the c.g I have, my grow equipment is getting old just sitting back in its original boxes waiting for me to use it!  I have no reason to grow at this time, We should do a thread about good/great/awsome c.g's for a change! not bad ones!  I had a bad one briefly lol! last 5 yrs, well I would have to be an idiot to complain!

Edited by phaquetoo

I do get sticky fingers, I guess im used to using my knuckles to rub my eyes when my hands are dirty!

I dont like coconuts but im willing to try anything once! well almost anything lol!

Peace

edit= I just hung a green crack, so I will be trimming soon, I have never had green crack, I know it stunk my car up bad, cruise control and back roads all the way home from c.g's,,,,,,I need to load a pic, man Im blessed to have the c.g I have, my grow equipment is getting old just sitting back in its original boxes waiting for me to use it! I have no reason to grow at this time, We should do a thread about good/great/awsome c.g's for a change! not bad ones! I had a bad one briefly lol! last 5 yrs, well I would have to be an idiot to complain!

some coconut oils really smell of coconut. Others not so much. I can't stand the smelly ones! Edited by suneday11