Rick Snyder Cracks Jokes About His Status After Flint

t-pain

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/flint-water-crisis/2016/06/01/snyder-mackinac-reports-my-demise-overblown/85244064/

MACKINAC ISLAND — Gov. Rick Snyder welcomed attendees to the Detroit Regional Chamber's Mackinac Policy Conference on Wednesday, criticizing the media as too negative and focused on the past and saying: "The reports of my demise are well overblown."

I just cannot believe that anyone voted for him in the first place, such a self centered wad of worm slime( Sorry worms, I like you!)

Farmer Brown

They voted for him solely because he was the Republican candidate that would throw the imaginary welfare freeloaders off our backs here in Michigan. As icing on the cake, he would close the imaginary murdering abortion clinics. He might even put the imaginary gay pedophiles away. He would make sure those imaginary MM pretenders are not selling joints to your kids. He would fix the roads. After all, he's one tough nerd. Nerds are supposed to be smart, right? Then he's an imaginary nerd. Don't be fooled again. 

Snyder came in pretending to be a technocrat, but him and his corporate backers had a plan long before being elected. The plan was to sell off Michigan to their buddies in return for kickbacks and favors, to remove democracy, and then all that other stuff that was mentioned.

I also do not like this Jeff Wright guy, as he is definitely one of the people behind the Flint water problem. In fact, I found a video the other day of when the city 'voted' to use KWA. Guess what Wright was saying to the city… that it would cost $61 million in upgrades in order to use solely the Flint river and that it wasn’t an option. Guess who had already planned on flint using the river before the bond agreements were even made?

Michael Robinson, a Warner Norcross attorney who handles environmental issues for the City of Flint, e-mailed Busch on Feb. 10, 2014, and said he had checked with the city's bond attorney "and here is language that we MUST include in the consent order."

The wording said, in part, that Flint "plans to use the Flint River as its temporary source of untreated water supply until KWA water is available," and "must undertake the KWA public improvement project or undertake other public improvement projects to continue to use the Flint River ..."

More about the crooked bond deal here: http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/flint-water-crisis/2016/05/11/did-state-give-flint-break-its-water/84238120/

Edited by Alphabob

the KWA is the dumbest thing in the world really.

when snyder had flint and detroit under EM control, he could have just gotten DWSD to make a deal.

instead they built a parallel pipeline!

why the flower for?

Governor Rick Snyder (emergency manager) got Flint on the hook for 34 percent of the principal and interest owed on $220.5 million in bonds KWA issued in April 2014 to finance the pipeline project, according to bond documents.

When you dig down into this you see that the pipeline will be supplying industrial and farm businesses along the way to Flint. I'm thinking there's some serious lobbying going on to get this pipeline in for reasons other than Flint. 

Considering the company building the pipeline made significant contributions to Wright when he was running for Genesee county drain commissioner, I can see a conflict of interest already. Wright or someone directly reporting to him was involved in every meeting regarding the KWA, which includes Flint's water source and participation.

KWA is the dumbest idea for Flint and only Flint. They did not have the funds to pay for it, so they hide Flint’s debt ‘off the books’ on special bonds meant for clean ups and such, bonds meant to hold small amounts of debt for necessary work. Their estimates of cost are bogus because it only includes getting raw water to Flint and not the 2-3 year gap period, where not moving to the Flint River would have made it a bad deal even with their 'calculations' until Detroit made a good offer.

Wright at one point brought Snyder on board with the idea of building a raw lake water pipe for whatever reasons, so they were both pulling strings behind the scenes. Wright also knew of the required $61 million upgrades to properly treat non-blended river water and is the Genesee county drain commissioner... how is he not guilty?

Warning: The audio is horrible: https://youtube.com/watch?v=U3gbZ8hZ_KI?t=237

Edited by Alphabob