Pros & Cons: Soil Vs. Hydro?

Alleyenoisdope

The only way to settle this age old debate, since places now do these things, is to distrubute the same cut to everyone, run it the way you intend, send in to psi or lab of choicing, and order thc/terpene etc profiles...and compare...oh plus you know the standard blind smoke test.

On another note, i highly doubt heavy 16 is watered down, these nutes are thick and highly concentrated using only 1ml/per gallon. I finally finished buying the line, took a few weeks as the 1 liter and 4 liter bottles are quite expensive, but with a 1 liter bottle doing 956 or so gallons of water, and that gallon of water(resevior) lasting about a week to 14 days, it was well worth it in my mind...plus the end results are on par, if not better than my exp with advanced.

I'm In!!

but on the nute side of things, they have to be "watered down", as  pure basal salts would be powder not liquid. the basal salts are in a solution, depending on the manu, ready to further water down with reservoir water mix. Farm nutes, added to water, sold as fertilizer, rightfully so. what else could growing nutrients of basal salts be? watered down does not promote the ide of less potent, only shows where these nutrients originate, and how they're packaged for hydro growers.. I buy mine as pure basal salts and water them down myself to desired ppm as you do.

Another note grass...i have almost never had deficiencys running advanced, not since they switched to the ph perfect tech, and i start at half strenght and by week 3 im using 100 percent strenght per the bottles.

I dont recall saying I had deficiencies running advanced nutes.(?)  except their Iguana organic line. I love AN. I didnt find deficiencies running any hydro nutes that didnt show the organic cert. Other than that an was a good experience for me, and Iguana was good too, just not good enough to run independently for an organic exp.

top of the morning to ya!

Edited by trichcycler

Sunshine and Soil, The way Nature intended

Max Yeilds

Better taste and smell

No electric bill, no Leo checking your power usage

No timers, fans,a/c, heat, co2 burners,lights, ballasts ,tubes, reflectors, dehumidifier, filters, nasty reservoirs.

No floods, power outages

No burnt out ballast

No diminished light efficiency from light bulbs

About $40 for nutes (organic) and your clone or seed gets you over half lb

Top shelf Sun Grown Organic is going for $150 oz

We are working with a large group to bring that down to $75 ( Dirt Cheap) within 2 years

The future is the highest quality at the lowest price

The Future is Dirt

To many things can go wrong with hydro and the overhead is expensive

Dirt, the way Nature intended....Anything else is unNatural and less organic.

Edited by beourbud

Sunshine and Soil, The way Nature intended

Max Yeilds

Better taste and smell

No electric bill, no Leo checking your power usage

No timers, fans,a/c, heat, co2 burners,lights, ballasts ,tubes, reflectors, dehumidifier, filters, nasty reservoirs.

No floods, power outages

No burnt out ballast

No diminished light efficiency from light bulbs

About $40 for nutes (organic) and your clone or seed gets you over half lb

Top shelf Sun Grown Organic is going for $150 oz

We are working with a large group to bring that down to $75 ( Dirt Cheap) within 2 years

The future is the highest quality at the lowest price

The Future is Dirt

To many things can go wrong with hydro and the overhead is expensive

Dirt, the way Nature intended....Anything else is unNatural and less organis.

show me a lab test..otherwise, i think your a nub, not that you should care at all what i think. I just keep seeing you post this same stuff over and over,with no numbers to back it up. 150? Thats equating risk/labor into the factor right? Otherwise, thats a steep profit for outdoor medicinal. I used to read what you post with a pretty high regard, what happened?

The only way to settle this age old debate, since places now do these things, is to distrubute the same cut to everyone, run it the way you intend, send in to psi or lab of choicing, and order thc/terpene etc profiles...and compare...oh plus you know the standard blind smoke test.

On another note, i highly doubt heavy 16 is watered down, these nutes are thick and highly concentrated using only 1ml/per gallon. I finally finished buying the line, took a few weeks as the 1 liter and 4 liter bottles are quite expensive, but with a 1 liter bottle doing 956 or so gallons of water, and that gallon of water(resevior) lasting about a week to 14 days, it was well worth it in my mind...plus the end results are on par, if not better than my exp with advanced.

I'm also in ,, hydro nutz from house and garden.. and see how it goes.. need to pick a common lab we all  can use...this could be a lot of fun .. Maybe even make a grow journal for comparisons as they grow .. sorta start to finish per nutz used.. then see what the results are across the board..

Edited by Willy

I'm also in ,, hydro nutz from house and garden.. and see how it goes.. need to pick a common lab we all  can use...this could be a lot of fun .. Maybe even make a grow journal for comparisons as they grow .. sorta start to finish per nutz used.. then see what the results are across the board..

im all in. I like psi, there actually the only one i have ever used, so i cant comment on the others.

Journals would be awesome!!! Now, we need to organize a sign up and pick the strain. From my library that im willing to pass around, i have, chocolate chunk, querkle, chuckys bride, skywalker og, sour diesel and a critical kush(crit kush maybe be touch and go, i may have mixed up the mom on that one). Ill also be popping some beans this week- la woman, wwxbb(not 100% if im gona pop this one) and a sour dieselxgg#4 male dad.

show me a lab test..otherwise, i think your a nub, not that you should care at all what i think. I just keep seeing you post this same stuff over and over,with no numbers to back it up. 150? Thats equating risk/labor into the factor right? Otherwise, thats a steep profit for outdoor medicinal. I used to read what you post with a pretty high regard, what happened?

You would think you would know by now the test are flawed, useless and waste of money.

Is it legal for you to transfer a sample to a lab?

I can't say I ever held your opinion in high regard.

I will say this though.....Winning!

Edited by beourbud

On another note, lab testing has come a long way in the last five years. Labs using gas chrometography or liquid are generally considered accurate...so, no not a waste. Is it a waste to have things tested for molds/mildews that you might not be aware of? 35-60 dollars is not a fortune...your just a nub...maybe u sent some of your "superior" outdoor in and it came back no better than mexican brick. W/e, enjoy what you do, i do.

On another note, lab testing has come a long way in the last five years. Labs using gas chrometography or liquid are generally considered accurate...so, no not a waste. Is it a waste to have things tested for molds/mildews that you might not be aware of? 35-60 dollars is not a fortune...your just a nub...maybe u sent some of your "superior" outdoor in and it came back no better than mexican brick. W/e, enjoy what you do, i do.

So how do you legally transfer meds to the lab?

Answer....you can't

Furthermore we test our own meds using methods refined over millenia...we smoke it.

What part of the plant do you illegally transfer to the lab?

Do you take your best bud in? Does that reflect a true analyst of the whole crop?

Do you need a lab to give you THC %? .... No

Your science is illegall, faulty and regularly often biased.

Testing does nothing but raise the cost of meds and deceives the patient.

Still waiting for your answer , Is transferring meds to a lab legal?

For 35 bucks, they are not doing a pesticide test, they are not doing a mold test.  They are not doing a bacteria test.

At best they are doing a visual for molds which you can do for free yourself.

They are likely just checking your ratio.

Pesticide tests, which seem to be what people really want for safety, are not cheap at all.  There are over 500 pesticides or so.  Most tests do not even look for more than 5-15 pesticides and those are the good ones. The cost of REAL testing is a few hundred dollars.  At least.

Current testing isbasicallyto see whocan pee the farthest with their THC number which is typically invalid as a crop determiner and can be off by plus or minus 15% even done by the best machines and technicians.

True testing can be ok when doing warehouses at a time or even 10lbs like Colorado does.  Cost can be spread out over a lot thus reducing cost per ounce.  But for anyone else the real testing would cost you morethan an ounceof pot would.

Probably not covered under the mmma, but i dont see any judge/jury convicting anyone for having something that is medicine tested for potency and contanimnents, that would be considered in the best interest. Really dont see how an additional 35-60 dollars every 8-10 weeks is going to raise the cost any significant amount, an extra couple cents a gram..maybe? One to talk about raising the cost of meds..you touted 150 bucks an ounce for meds grown under the sun and nute costs of 40 dollars, while im indoors and regularly only charge around 100 bucks or less to patients in need.

As far as taking the best bud in, no you wouldnt for an accurate test, the only growers sending in there best tops are just looking for a hype sticker. Ideally you mix it and blend/grind it all up before being sent in.

It is what it is, you dont like testing for your own reasons, fine, i like testing for my own reasons as i stated.

Enjoy your day, better check em for mold in this outside weather.

I laughed and laughed because I used to pick pickles .....

Probably not covered under the mmma, but i dont see any judge/jury convicting anyone for having something that is medicine tested for potency and contanimnents, that would be considered in the best interest. Really dont see how an additional 35-60 dollars every 8-10 weeks is going to raise the cost any significant amount, an extra couple cents a gram..maybe? One to talk about raising the cost of meds..you touted 150 bucks an ounce for meds grown under the sun and nute costs of 40 dollars, while im indoors and regularly only charge around 100 bucks or less to patients in need.

As far as taking the best bud in, no you wouldnt for an accurate test, the only growers sending in there best tops are just looking for a hype sticker. Ideally you mix it and blend/grind it all up before being sent in.

It is what it is, you dont like testing for your own reasons, fine, i like testing for my own reasons as i stated.

Enjoy your day, better check em for mold in this outside weather.

Eyeball and/or loop.

35-65 bucks. Psi will do a cannabinoid/terpene profile an additional 35 bucks a residual solvent test, so you are right, no mold tests, im sure if asked they would. I like my stickers.

I bet the residual solvent test is over a heat source watching for bubbles, you can do that. 

And their mold test would be with a loop or eyeclops. 

The best dispensaries in the US just use magnification to qualify buds for the counter. 

I watched a Cali dispensary check for mold and bugs..... they used a loop. Or one of those fancy computerized loops... eyeclops.

that works, i agree...just putting this out there..the high dollar patients, ones with money, really like seeing those stickers and those patients, make it so much easier to help less fortunate patients...just saying.