Bernie Handed It To Trump!

"goes to show"?

you're right, grammar nazi :P

Heh. Just having some fun pushing your buttons....after a disappointing conversation I had with an old friend who has lived in AZ for about 20 years. A little background - having worked for myself most of my life, I've always been disappointed when I hear people talk about business purchases when they say, "They can just write it off." For example, a few years ago, an in-law who is a doctor spent $300,000 on some new equipment. Another family member said, "Well, he can just write it off at the end of the year."

So, back to the AZ friend. He has been a CPA for about 20 years. He wanted me to come visit. I told him I didn't want to spend the money right now. He said, "Just call it a business trip and write it off." He seemed to think that "write-off" means "free stuff" like so many people do. So I guess I was a bit crabby when I made that previous post. No offense intended.

Im aware of what jill wants to do, it rings with exactly what needs to happen, but no where does she say how it will be accomplished, let alone in 8 years max. I was all for bernie, not because of his views and opinions but because he wanted to replace almost everybody, which is what needs to happen.

Face it, the bulk of americans are stupid, distracted, or generally dont care. Why would they? Its not like were taught any of this in school anymore. Pokemon go for the win.

dutch -

I'm looking at page 55 of the 2016 budget here: http://www.obpa.usda.gov/budsum/fy16budsum.pdf

$6.7 billion for WIC (discretionary). $88 billion for SNAP (mandatory). $20 billion for child nutrition. 

So what exactly would you cut that would make any significance difference in the deficit (it isn't even worth talking about the debt as that will never happen and isn't really a big deal as long as it is tied to productivity)? A few 10s of billions from the USDA, a few from another agency, a few from waste (politicians love to mention gummint waste as if that will solve our problems). Remember we have a $600 BILLION deficit. The only way that this can be addressed is with the major sources of expenditures (e.g., soc sec & defense) and revenues (taxes)

OR, we would simply do what Drumpf likes to do and declare bankruptcy.

Zach,

Being a farmer, I certainly do not have answers to the mess we are all in, but having said that, being a farmer also gives me insight in to the USDA that most folks do not get( remember farmers are less than 2% of the population). The waste there is at least as bad as any other agency, if not worse. The largest percentage of monies handed out in farm subsidies in my county goes to some of the richest landowners who do not even farm( lately the largest receiver of farm subsidies here is a realtor that has huge land holdings, many of them titled to family members with different names, so they can cheat and get more federal money) , they sign up for these so-called conservation programs, the latest one around here for the past few years has been a bunch of mosquito breeder ponds that do not drain, but the USDA calls them "wetlands". Wetlands drain into river basins and contributes to water filtration, not a pond that sits and gets stagnant with duck and goose poop and full of mosquito larva. What a waste of good money!! While I do not have many answers, I do know quarters make dollars and a quarter here and a quarter there can certainly add up, so cut a bit from all the alphabet soup agencies and it would certainly add up to a significant amount of money. You can go the website www.ewg.org and look up any county in the US and see who receives farm subsidies, I'm sure most of you would be shocked!! The head of the USDA, Tom Vilsack, is mister GMO himself, very strongly tied to Monsnato, good old revolving door employment policies, the fox watching the hen house. The same goes at the FDA, work for Merck this year, head of the FDA next year, oh what a tangled web we weave!! Several years ago University of Missouri did a study to try and find out who actually owns food brands. Turns out that over 500 brands found on most store shelves were actually owned by 4 corporations. Professor Ikerd said it was one of the most difficult studies he had ever attempted due to  the deliberate hiding of corproate owners through vertical integration.

Just keep printing more money, its worth is only as good as our faith in it.

Farmer Brown

Zach, do you have the percentage of the total budget social security eats up? Been trying to find it, but alas, we have only dial-up internet service and it takes a lifetime to get to some websites :>(

Zach,

Being a farmer, I certainly do not have answers to the mess we are all in, but having said that, being a farmer also gives me insight in to the USDA that most folks do not get( remember farmers are less than 2% of the population). The waste there is at least as bad as any other agency, if not worse. The largest percentage of monies handed out in farm subsidies in my county goes to some of the richest landowners who do not even farm( lately the largest receiver of farm subsidies here is a realtor that has huge land holdings, many of them titled to family members with different names, so they can cheat and get more federal money) , they sign up for these so-called conservation programs, the latest one around here for the past few years has been a bunch of mosquito breeder ponds that do not drain, but the USDA calls them "wetlands". Wetlands drain into river basins and contributes to water filtration, not a pond that sits and gets stagnant with duck and goose poop and full of mosquito larva. What a waste of good money!! While I do not have many answers, I do know quarters make dollars and a quarter here and a quarter there can certainly add up, so cut a bit from all the alphabet soup agencies and it would certainly add up to a significant amount of money. You can go the website www.ewg.org and look up any county in the US and see who receives farm subsidies, I'm sure most of you would be shocked!! The head of the USDA, Tom Vilsack, is mister GMO himself, very strongly tied to Monsnato, good old revolving door employment policies, the fox watching the hen house. The same goes at the FDA, work for Merck this year, head of the FDA next year, oh what a tangled web we weave!! Several years ago University of Missouri did a study to try and find out who actually owns food brands. Turns out that over 500 brands found on most store shelves were actually owned by 4 corporations. Professor Ikerd said it was one of the most difficult studies he had ever attempted due to  the deliberate hiding of corproate owners through vertical integration.

Farmer Brown

Zach, do you have the percentage of the total budget social security eats up? Been trying to find it, but alas, we have only dial-up internet service and it takes a lifetime to get to some websites :>(

I so sad, but thanks for the awesome link! 

can you imagine if it all ended and we had to pay the real cost of raising a cow at the retail counter...  oh boy, amerika might wake up and smell the sham, but then what, change channels, seek a new sitcom, watch fox news?  chits been happening around for many years while we get a cozy feeling thinking we can make difference year after year doing the same things we always did.

loving that link for long time

I so sad, but thanks for the awesome link! 

can you imagine if it all ended and we had to pay the real cost of raising a cow at the retail counter...  oh boy, amerika might wake up and smell the sham, but then what, change channels, seek a new sitcom, watch fox news?  chits been happening around for many years while we get a cozy feeling thinking we can make difference year after year doing the same things we always did.

loving that link for long time

Raise our own cows? How about building your own car or making your own refrigerator? Thank Ford for mass production!

Isn't there some famous science fiction novel about the future in which people say "Thank Ford" instead of saying "Thank God"?

Zach,

Farmer Brown

You will get no argument from me regarding farm subsidies and the transformation of the family farm into a handful of multinationalmegacorps and their attempts to dominate agriculture with patentable plants that work in conjunction with some pretty bad schit pesticides, and risking much of our food supply in the process due to lack of genetic diversity (apropos to this last concern, enjoy your (Cavendish) bananas while you can, folks!)

The top google answer to your question is: "Last year, 24 percent of the budget, or $888 billion, paid for Social Security, which provided monthly retirement benefits averaging $1,342 to 40 million retired workers in December 2015."

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone who is jumping on the Trump bandwagon, I have some advice for you. Curb your enthusiasm! The real schit about Trump is about to hit the fan. Hold on to your aluminum foil hats. It ain't gonna be pretty.

The real schit is about to hit on both of them!  I cant stand to watch this billary shcit or the trum shcit.

Now the real missels start flying!

Peace

• 5 months later...