Cannabis Legal Group

pergamum362

Thoughts? Another opportunist from Oakland County. Takes your money, feeds you some music to your ears, offers to be your defense attorney in the future when the music stops playing. End of story. I have half a notion to call the state bar and complain. Legal advice ought to be rooted in at least a defensible argument for your position, like rooted in some code or case law. There is no such possibility in the mmma for commercial operations, nor is there one in any federal law. Garbage, imo

Wet

Edited by WET

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-commercially-cultivate-marijuana-in-michigan-within-the-mmma-tickets-26233714747?utm_term=eventurl_text

Michigan Medical Marijuana Caregivers are currently the lifeblood of Michigan's Cannabis industry. They are the only lawful source of marijuana in our state to our medical marijuana patients. A significant amount of trust is thrust upon them to cultivate safe and effective medicine. They also are the subjects of unwanted and unfair attention from law enforcement. Uncaring and neighbors call the police on them. Those already caught up in the criminal justice system use caregivers as potential bait to get themselves out of trouble. The police are raiding homes and grows at an alarming rate. They are breaking down doors and destroying personal property. They are seizing expensive grow lights and even their vehicles for ransom.

One of the problems is that marijuana is still illegal in Michigan. The medical marijuana act simply provides for a defense and protection. But because it remains illegal, we sacrifice our rights when there is suspicion of cultivation. The police have a right to inspect that cultivation even if it is in full compliance with the Act.

The Cannabis Legal Group can help. We have seen first hand the problems that caregivers face. We have seen the police raid several grows and know the reasons why. We can stop this madness and keep our caregivers safe. We will educate the attendees to accomplish the following objectives.

Caregivers will also receive useful forms, handouts, and materials. 

You will learn about:

• Eliminating Common MMMA Violations
  • Best Practices for an Efficient and Productive Caregiving Operation
  • Reasons and Strategies for Getting Your Grow Out of Your Home
  • Municipal Caregiving Licensing and Certificates of Occupancy
  • Regulatory Compliance Practices that will Greatly Increase Your Chances to Obtain a State Issued Commercial Cultivation License.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-commercially-cultivate-marijuana-in-michigan-within-the-mmma-tickets-26233714747?utm_term=eventurl_text

Michigan Medical Marijuana Caregivers are currently the lifeblood of Michigan's Cannabis industry. They are the only lawful source of marijuana in our state to our medical marijuana patients. A significant amount of trust is thrust upon them to cultivate safe and effective medicine. They also are the subjects of unwanted and unfair attention from law enforcement. Uncaring and neighbors call the police on them. Those already caught up in the criminal justice system use caregivers as potential bait to get themselves out of trouble. The police are raiding homes and grows at an alarming rate. They are breaking down doors and destroying personal property. They are seizing expensive grow lights and even their vehicles for ransom.

One of the problems is that marijuana is still illegal in Michigan. The medical marijuana act simply provides for a defense and protection. But because it remains illegal, we sacrifice our rights when there is suspicion of cultivation. The police have a right to inspect that cultivation even if it is in full compliance with the Act.

The Cannabis Legal Group can help. We have seen first hand the problems that caregivers face. We have seen the police raid several grows and know the reasons why. We can stop this madness and keep our caregivers safe. We will educate the attendees to accomplish the following objectives.

Caregivers will also receive useful forms, handouts, and materials. 

You will learn about:

• Eliminating Common MMMA Violations
  • Best Practices for an Efficient and Productive Caregiving Operation
  • Reasons and Strategies for Getting Your Grow Out of Your Home
  • Municipal Caregiving Licensing and Certificates of Occupancy
  • Regulatory Compliance Practices that will Greatly Increase Your Chances to Obtain a State Issued Commercial Cultivation License.
I'm not sold. Still sounds odd to me. 33% caregiver info with the bulk being about municipal and commercial. Can compassion clubs come back? I fondly recall many cc having suits come in and talk on this stuff for free. People gonna be chasing dollars from the grave....

if anyone takes a ticket for the team please share any new insight gained.

to me it sounds like a prep course for "possible future" commercial cannabis markets, like "how to commercially cultivate cannabis" when/if its legal to do so...

or maybe they believe what caregivers are doing now is commercial sales to their patients ?  I saw many of these seminar courses in 2008 advertising. how to grow, how to make money, how to open a dispensary, cash in on the green rush type of marketing. silly lawyers are being silly maybe

Thoughts? Another opportunist from Oakland County. Takes your money, feeds you some music to your ears, offers to be your defense attorney in the future when the music stops playing. End of story. I have half a notion to call the state bar and complain. Legal advice ought to be rooted in at least a defensible argument for your position, like rooted in some code or case law. There is no such possibility in the mmma for commercial operations, nor is there one in any federal law. Garbage, imo

Wet

I sincerely hope this is not the case (legal pun????) for ALL MM lawyers?!? Edited by Alleyenoisdope

if anyone takes a ticket for the team please share any new insight gained.

to me it sounds like a prep course for "possible future" commercial cannabis markets, like "how to commercially cultivate cannabis" when/if its legal to do so...

or maybe they believe what caregivers are doing now is commercial sales to their patients ?  I saw many of these seminar courses in 2008 advertising. how to grow, how to make money, how to open a dispensary, cash in on the green rush type of marketing. silly lawyers are being silly maybe

im getting a ticket, going to check it out. Ill report back. Mostly just going to network.

Upon further thought, i believe the commercial they are talking about is hb 4209, the 3 levels of licensing that would ensue, given that the bill passes the senate. I have my fingers crossed that it is dead again, even though its tied to the extract bill wich would be a plus, i think the damage 4209 and the tracking bill would do far outwieghs the positive of the extracts bill.

I do not know the content of the presentation and cannot label it as anything, at this point- but Barton Morris is an excellent attorney and has a former federal prosecutor on staff from Colorado- Paula Givens- who is very sharp, as well.

Obviously- many disagree with the concept and approach, but there is no reason to assume that is bad information or unethical. These are very informed competent people.