Police Shoot Therapist With Arms In The Air!

It's sad to think this is how people feel about combat vets. The same vets that put their lives on the line for us. yet they are stereotyped as crazy trigger happy nut cases because they went & did their job, & what's worse you put them in this category with not s hit for evidence to back up your feelings. Take the above statement by Dutch & where it says combat vet, substitute the words with, gay, black, Mexican any of the minority's & the mods here would delete your post, but for some reason, it's ok to discriminate against combat vet. Whatever!

It's sad to think this is how people feel about combat vets. The same vets that put their lives on the line for us. yet they are stereotyped as crazy trigger happy nut cases because they went & did their job, & what's worse you put them in this category with not s hit for evidence to back up your feelings. Take the above statement by Dutch & where it says combat vet, substitute the words with, gay, black, Mexican any of the minority's & the mods here would delete your post, but for some reason, it's ok to discriminate against combat vet. Whatever!

I feel ya.

but lets not forget they've medicated many vets to the point of doing things they would not normally do, things they have to live with in a normal society soon, not in the barracks with others doing the same things. many of these young people join to escape some other bad situation, like joblessness, abuse, homelessness, free school, etc, not to go roger ram jet on some bad guys.

They return home scattered(thats what happens when we kill some people to make other ones wealthy). They're told to guard the poppy fields and shoot on site, while their brothers and sisters are jailed for the heroin disease at home, jailed for simple marijuana even. but those precious poppy eyed politicos we cater to dont care.   some even begin to question their actions, their loyalty too. They often continue medicating with the experimental psychotropic drugs introduced to them by the frontline pharmacy just to cope with their inner strife(of doing things they dont feel are right?). Hiring these types may be a difficult choice for employers I've heard from other employers. I didnt hear of any prejudice against hiring them but I did participate in several Chamber of Commerce discussions of the matter where some of these things were of concern when encountered in interviews and new hires

On the other hand the best employees I ever had were often combat vets. These guys and one gal were leaders for sure. They were miles ahead of their co workers in many aspects of life, love and mutual respect. I loved working with them for decades. I promoted them often and I still know several as friends after years of being retired.  Other less mature workers looked up to them and I appreciated the prime example they set. Over all business was vastly improved for me with the hiring of vets of all ages.

I never enlisted and was always very interested in their experiences when they shared. Not the killing necessarily but the frikken camaraderie some of these men shared even when they were strangers to each other. I've never seen groups of more loyal workers than the vets that worked for me. 

Im good. At my age, i have many friends returning or returned from tours of duty, and i would not want a single one of them police me, but two of them are on there way 100 percent. I would not be surpised to see both of them shoot someone needlesly, need to realize that this war has been different from most others. Its a civilian enviormemt where people dressed in civilian clothes are the enemy. There trained that basically everyone that is not wearing there uniform is the enemy, and i can tell it in both of them. Very angry people, all of them have said joining was not what they thought and would not advise anyone to join. Thats far different reaction to some of the older people i know that are vets.

"The subjects in NMH targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training. I found while speaking with officers and trainers in the law enforcement community that there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition (one officer explaining that he enlarged photos of his own kids to use as targets so that he would not be caught off guard with such a drastically new experience while on duty). This hesitation time may be only seconds but that is not acceptable when officers are losing their lives in these same situations. The goal of NMH is to break that stereotype on the range, regardless of how slim the chances are of encountering a real life scenario that involves a child, pregnant woman, etc. If that initial hesitation time can be cut down due to range experience, the officer and community are better served."

PregnantWoman.png?h=495&w=500

I'm a navy vet from the first golf war, no one was shooting at me so I can't speak as a direct combat vet, but I sure met a lot of men that truly fought up front & I can tell you 98% of them were super people, dedicated & committed to do the job they signed up for, it had nothing to do with wanting to go kill people yet they were driven to go do their jobs to the best of their ability & knowin many of them to this day they carry that drive to succeed into their civilian lives no matter what their job title. I sit in groups with these vets from time to time in support groups for these guys & I hear them tell of how painful it is to them to carry the stigma of being a combat vet, stigma! Really. Everyone has their own opinions I know, I just hope you'll hear a little from their side. & yes, if some crazy fool whips out his chopper while I'm in the mall I'll be able to protect myself

No one is ssaying they aren't super people just that they were trained to be in war, not civilian law enforcement with citizens of your own country.  Different thing alltogether. Once you are "trained" in a certain way it becomes reflex, that's the purpose of military training.  To retrain for civilian policing is going to be harder to deprogram and use the different tactics of diffusing instead of using force to comply.  Not saying at all that it can't be done just that they generally don't line up even though on surface they seem to cross over.

That is your opinion, totally unfounded. Show me some facts. Any mmj conversation you all ask for facts,I ask for facts & you tell me it's too hard to find? I'm done with conversation, it's pointless, from all the combat vets out there whom have laid there life on the line for a bunch of stereotyping pricks, KISS MY AZZ!

That is your opinion, totally unfounded. Show me some facts. Any mmj conversation you all ask for facts,I ask for facts & you tell me it's too hard to find? I'm done with conversation, it's pointless, from all the combat vets out there whom have laid there life on the line for a bunch of stereotyping pricks, KISS MY AZZ!

Your statement comes across as very confrontational and irrational. Not one single person has disrespected combat veterans in this conversation.( Again my father was a combat veteran as was most of my uncles and grandfather) The thing being said is their combat training( and the mind altering drugs given to them ) will "take over" in a threatening situation, which may not be proper behavior in a civilian setting. I know many combat veterans and they are all good people, just not good candidates to be a peace officer. I wish we could get some statistics on how many peace officers involved in civilians killings are combat veterans. I truly believe it is not a good idea to put someone that was in a war environment in a position where their previous combat training and experience would most likely override their actions in a civilian setting. It is just plainly not worth taking  the chance of an innocent civilian being killed in a "miscalculated" situation. No one is slamming veterans, so why don't you just try to calm down a bit and see you are having a knee jerk reaction to a subject that you ,obviously, are very passionate over. 

Stay Cool Headed,

Farmer Brown

My father was a combat vet and there is no way I'd want him policing me or anyone.  That's a fact.  Once I got the bunny muffin kicked out of me at 12 yo by a 17 yo.  I got home and my father asked why my friends didn't beat him off of me then grabbed the baseball bat, put me in the car and went looking for them. Best man I've ever known in my life but I know I wouldn't want him as a cop. He told me that everyone who smoked that bunny muffin in Viet Nam is dead and treated me like a gentleman when he found out I was smoking, till his deathbed.  Sorry if this offends you, I truly am, but it's the way I see it.  Not trying to demean at all as I have the utmost respect.

i deleted this comment. This isnt the place to get into this, but i will say this, our soldiers are not liberating anyone, there not defending our independence, there not protecting the innocent, not in a decade, none of these have been true. This is no fault of boots on the ground, but falls to our leadership and a willfully ignorant public. This is not the gulf war nor any other war like it before. There was no enemy, so we created one. I know from first hand knowledge the things being ordered over there and its not what you would associate with american military, or a military defending it soil.

The tables have turned and we are no longer battling a tryant, but have become the tyrant. One only needs to look to speechs from putin to get a real grasp on whats unfolding right now, we all shoud be scared, but not because of combat vets in police positions, or that racism is still prevelant in todays society or anything else on tv.

Edited by pergamum362

i deleted this comment. This isnt the place to get into this, but i will say this, our soldiers are not liberating anyone, there not defending our independence, there not protecting the innocent, not in a decade, none of these have been true. This is no fault of boots on the ground, but falls to our leadership and a willfully ignorant public. This is not the gulf war nor any other war like it before. There was no enemy, so we created one. I know from first hand knowledge the things being ordered over there and its not what you would associate with american military, or a military defending it soil.

The tables have turned and we are no longer battling a tryant, but have become the tyrant. One only needs to look to speechs from putin to get a real grasp on whats unfolding right now, we all shoud be scared, but not because of combat vets in police positions, or that racism is still prevelant in todays society or anything else on tv.

I often wonder what would happen if we got completely out of the Middle East. What do we get from there besides oil? We should be able to get all the oil we need in the Western Hemisphere. Divert the military spending to government oil exploration projects, then auction the productive wells. Build pipelines. Build more refineries. Invest in technology to improve yields and responsibly process tar sand. Invest in infrastructure for alternative fuel vehicles.

Would the radicals have any motivation to attack us at that point? Would Putin even care about us?

I often wonder what would happen if we got completely out of the Middle East. What do we get from there besides oil? We should be able to get all the oil we need in the Western Hemisphere. Divert the military spending to government oil exploration projects, then auction the productive wells. Build pipelines. Build more refineries. Invest in technology to improve yields and responsibly process tar sand. Invest in infrastructure for alternative fuel vehicles.

Would the radicals have any motivation to attack us at that point? Would Putin even care about us?

But, wait, what about all the percodan plants?

Who would guard them against attack? 

what other country would provide precious poppies to us at such great savings if we left the middle east? :dodgyrun: