Bill Would Disallow Medical Marijuana For All Law Enforcement

bobandtorey

Law enforcement individuals are sworn to uphold the laws of their jurisdiction and agree not to break any state, local or federal laws. Smoking cannabis, whether medical and in a legal state is still a violation of this oath. Police officers just must say no. 

Michigan Progress, a political think tank has crafted proposed legislation that requires medical marijuana patients registering through the state of Michigan to have their name and social security number scrubbed against police personnel records to verify eligibility. If a cop or prosecutor wants to use marijuana in order to alleviate a qualifying condition — the cannabis prescription would be denied despite their doctors recommendation.

The policy appears to be unfair to our ‘men in blue’, however public safety concerns is chief aim of the proposed amendment. 

The Michigan Progress bill could face a few hurdles before reaching Governor Rick Snyders pen, but the organization is confident that legislators, specifically within the State Senate will come together in protecting our brave officers against the evils of cannabis.

http://marijuanapatients.org/bill-not-permit-medical-marijuana-law-enforcement/#.V5qTJDMFLVc.facebook

Than I dont want cops using opoids either, and what about the ilegal steroids they already use? phaqing no dick muscle heads!

I would rather have a cop pull me over that uses mm than any other thing you could think of!

mm is now medicine and they should be able to use it if they qualify!

But if their going to make that kind of law, Than that means they cant use fake mm cards to bust people either eh?

This state and the u.s is realy messed up at this time!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

political think tank   <<<< really, they call themselves a think tank? More like a tank of wasted time and bad ideas.

How stupid is that? Denying them a card is going to stop them from using cannabis? There are some very shallow thinking folks out there spewing this stuff. If they really wanted to stop cannabis use in law enforcement then drug test them. 

political think tank   <<<< really, they call themselves a think tank? More like a tank of wasted time and bad ideas.

How stupid is that? Denying them a card is going to stop them from using cannabis? There are some very shallow thinking folks out there spewing this stuff. If they really wanted to stop cannabis use in law enforcement then drug test them. 

The union wont allow drug testing!

Peace

So they think they will allow an even worse human rights violation? Totally not thinking ........ tank.

I hear that!

I think leo should be treated like any one else who has a job, if  you have an accident at work they can drug test you!  I was in a union stamping plant for a few yrs, our union uaw only allowed drug testing in an accident scenario, and if they found you pos for drugs, they had to offer you rehabilitation first time, 2nd time they could fire you!

Peace

How about alcohol? I've (literally) run into on duty cops who had been drinking several times.

We got into an accident with a patrol car that had blown through a red light once in Detroit. We t-boned the cops and when we ran over to see if they were alright there was a broken pint of whiskey on the floor in the front seat.

We asked what it was and the cop said,"Don't worry about that, we'll take care of the paperwork so nobody gets in trouble."

How about alcohol? I've (literally) run into on duty cops who had been drinking several times.

We got into an accident with a patrol car that had blown through a red light once in Detroit. We t-boned the cops and when we ran over to see if they were alright there was a broken pint of whiskey on the floor in the front seat.

We asked what it was and the cop said,"Don't worry about that, we'll take care of the paperwork so nobody gets in trouble."

man I think I would have called the wayne county sheriff and got that detroit phaq head popped, if the shoe was on the other foot your arse would have been his!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

Would anyone here disagree our society would be better protected and served if law enforcement officers and officials were required to use cannabis?

In moderation with physiologically and psychologically appropriate strains of course.

No I think the law should apply to them like it does to the rest of us, when they get home and choose to smoke a joint that is their business, if they want a beer when they get home so be it!

The law is for every one, cops vote too!

law enforcement has one of the highest rates of alcoholism and divorces out of most jobs!

There are some realy good and cool cops, I know several, I have a nephew, cousins and friends that are or were cops!  They partied with us, I actualy get shine from a cop who is my friends brother!  my nephew a daytona beach cop is coming to houghton lake for the bud bash this weekend, I only hope he dont get arrested lol!

Not all cops are steroid abusing no dick muscle heads, but they sure do have alot of them types these days!

Peace