Naloxone For Too Much Thc? Really?

So the headline says:

24 Treated After Eating Drug-Laced Candy at Ohio Rap Festival

But then it gets strange.

Two dozen concertgoers in northeast Ohio suffered medical symptoms Saturday (Aug. 6) after they ate candy laced with a drug found in marijuana.

No fatalities were reported at the Ohio Dreams sports camp complex in Butler, about 60 miles northeast of Columbus, where the weekend-long EST 2016 rap music festival was being held. The concert was dubbed "The Last Weekend on Earth."

Maj. Joe Masi of the Richland County Sheriff's Department told the Mansfield News Journal someone began tossing out bags of the colorful candies Saturday at around 11 a.m. The packages contained about 20 pieces each and were marked "prescribed medibles" with a reference to a commercial candy brand, according to photos posted to social media.

Masi said each piece had "a very, very high dose of THC," the chemical that gives marijuana its mind-altering effects. Only one or two candies would get a user high, but some people were eating whole packages, officials said.

Lt. Joe Petrycki, commander of the METRICH regional drug task force, said early reports of concertgoers overdosing was too strong a description. He said THC usually gives people a sense of euphoria.

"They didn't lose consciousness," he said. "They just felt different."

Ambulances loaded with victims started arriving at OhioHealth in nearby Mansfield around 4 p.m., said hospital spokeswoman Nikki Workman.

She said 24 people were treated, including with the overdose antidote naloxone. The arrivals had ended by early evening.

"I feel like it's under control at this point," she said.

WEWS-TV reported the person giving out the candies was a man wearing a gray baseball cap with a red visor and a black T-shirt with a marijuana leaf on it.

Some folks "just felt different" from eating high THC medibles and then sent off in an ambulance. But they were treated with naloxone? Really??

And ya gotta love that "no fatalities were reported".

(I have seen some studies that mention naloxone can affect cannabinoid pathways, but never as a "remedy" for too much THC!)

CBD is the "antidote" for THC? Doesn't it block the receptors?  I've heard it dislodges THC from teh receptor.  Whenever I got "too much" THC a small hit of cannatonic made everything fine.

Doesn't nalaxone only work with opiod receptors?  Sounds like malpractice to me but I'm not too knowledgeable about that stuff.

Edit oh, so there is precedent?

Edited by Norby

Screw that site its all about stoners looking to buy bud  nothing really about finding patients or a caregiver the only patient I found was a slag who I dropped immediately after our first visit.

I guess it only as good as those who join. I remember my first patient was from budtrader, a scary prospect I thought at first, without any patient interview skills I allowed him into my registry. He stayed for three years and moved up north, farther than me.

I also notice the way a caregiver ad is drafted may appeal to certain patients. I've interviewed a few dozen patients from there and all of my current patients found me there. I make it very clear that I'm not in the show for stoners so they never come up as a match for me. I turn on my "open" sign and have a waiting list in three days. Now, only one will make it in, and there are freaks everywhere so further interviewing takes place....no way to keep a freak out of the program, or from applying to a caregiver ya know.

One patient found me a few yrs ago at MMMA and it worked out well, but then the next one was one like you describe and I also shy'd away from accepting patients from here, so I understand where you're coming from of course.  Do what works for you. Like Super Lemon Haze-junk for me, holy grail for others...

peace out

Screw that site its all about stoners looking to buy bud  nothing really about finding patients or a caregiver the only patient I found was a slag who I dropped immediately after our first visit.

I think we must do due diligence... I have a patient from HERE for over 5 yrs, excellent patient... and I have one from GM.com also a good patient.. Although this time I have an opening I did get a couple good ones.. one wanted everything i could grow..LOL  one told me she would want 8 Zips a month..  and another one with the "well I moved here from Cali, and caregivers there give oz's away in return for grow rights"..lol again.. I laughed at that one.. ya right.. they still thought the old,, you can sell my overages to the disps... I laughed and explained   gave my offer and haven't heard from them since... so any were you get or hunt for a patient you get the complete spectrum .