Multi-Million Dollar Pot Growing Ring Plus Several Dispensaries Raided

bobandtorey

I don't think you can avoid having some mold spores on any marijuana. It is easy to see hyphae, however, which really could indicate active growth.

Yes. I do various types of environmental testing for a living and have for 20+ years. Too many people freak out over mold. I always tell them to use a mold cleaner from Home Depot, use a dehumidifier and then forget about it unless and until you see mild growing in your house. But some people still want mold testing done on surfaces and in their indoor air. When I test indoor air, I also take a sample of the outdoor air. I always find mold spores - inside and outside. There are thousands of mold varieties floating around. Unless you go to Antarctica, you're going to find mold in the air. My guess is that the chemicals used to kill mold are more dangerous than the mold itself.

I'm simply guessing here, but it stands to reason that if you smoke moldy bud, the high temperatures of combustion will probably kill any spores, and if you cook with MJ, the same applies. People have preserved foods for many years by freezing and canning. Both of these processes render mold a non-issue.

But, for the purist, a quick glance with a 20x loop will reveal moldy buds if not already visible to the naked eye. No need for lab testing in this matter. And what good would lab testing do? The results will always be "you got mold." Mold is everywhere. What exactly are the mold strains one should steer clear of and what concentrations of mold are bad for you?

Speaking of lab testing, I'd LOVE to see a QA/QC lab report from any cannabis lab in Michigan. Such a report should be standard issue for any lab. as is the case for drinking water samples, etc. Such a report will tell you if the results are scientifically meaningful or for entertainment purposes only. I suspect the latter.

I'm gonna go make myself a nice salad topped with some seriously moldy cheese - blue cheese. I hope I make it through the night.

Most all cannabis is going to have some bugs too. Just like all the produce you eat. A lot of folks don't know you can wash off bugs. If you want your buds bug free then dunk them into a large bucket of water a bunch of times right after you harvest and most bugs, and their scat, will be washed off. 

• 11 months later...