Couple Could Lose Home, Cash In Civil Forfeiture Mmma Case

t-pain

http://www.record-eagle.com/news/local_news/couple-could-lose-home-cash-in-civil-forfeiture-case/article_7937312a-07fc-5323-9d0c-75792d17c4b9.html

TRAVERSE CITY — A couple could lose their home and nearly $4,000 in a civil forfeiture complaint filed in Grand Traverse County.

The State of Michigan, on behalf of Traverse Narcotics Team, filed a complaint for forfeiture in 13th Circuit Court on July 1. The regional drug enforcement team aims to seize $3,863 and a home ...

Grand Traverse County tax records indicate the home is worth $262,657.

TNT Detective Sgt. Randy Graham argued the couple's home and money are "ill-gotten gains," earned through medical marijuana sales that violated Michigan's medical marijuana law.

"(Criminal forfeiture is used) so that the criminals involved in the drug trade don't benefit from their crimes financially," Graham said.

operated medical marijuana dispensaries in Kalkaska, Grand Traverse and Wexford counties, according to TNT's complaint.

If they bought the house solely with proceeds from their shops their house is gone as for the $3800 anybody smart enough to know how law enforcement operates knows better to have massive amounts of cash at their personal homes im sure they had more stashed elsewhere at least I hope enough to hire a good defense team.

I don't want to see anyone going to jail or lose there stuff,but we all know the law looks at the shops as not legal so it's a crap shoot, only a matter of time b4 your number comes up.....stay legal and you won't have this happen....

On a side note I think the michigan forfeiture law is way to easy to apply on people and needs to be changed

Edited by free420country

If they bought the house solely with proceeds from their shops their house is gone as for the $3800 anybody smart enough to know how law enforcement operates knows better to have massive amounts of cash at their personal homes im sure they had more stashed elsewhere at least I hope enough to hire a good defense team.

Did you really just call $3800 "massive amounts of cash"?

I call that not even two weeks worth of bills. My bank kicked me to the curb so I have to have cash on hand to pay bills.

Did you really just call $3800 "massive amounts of cash"?

I call that not even two weeks worth of bills. My bank kicked me to the curb so I have to have cash on hand to pay bills.

Read it again maybe I forgot a comma or something the $3800 was a very small amount of cash to have on hand a couple that owns multiple shops  usually have a large amount of cash on hand 40- 50 grand sometimes I was implying that they were smart enough not to have all of their eggs in one basket  they likely had an offsite safe .

As Shi tty as this is there's a lesson to be learned here....dispensaries are not legal so don't play unless you can afford to pay

And have a real job too that you can use to show your legitimate income. If you have a quarter million dollar home with no legitimate income source to show how you bought it, it's probably going to end badly for you as a dispensary owner ...... because you were just supposed to be a place where caregivers service their 5 patients. You have to keep your WHOLE story straight.  

Why would Mark Dragovich, a dispensary owner, speak against another dispensary owner? 

Because we have infiltrators that pretend to be part of our culture but really are just parasites. They are easy to spot because they are fakers pretending to be something they are not.

Arnold “Butch” Czarnecki owner of Heads-Up Smoke Shop, acted as a confidential informant. During Al Witt’s jury trial last month he testified to using his Medical Marijuana Card to make controlled buys for SANE, a northern Michigan drug task force. Arnold, who owns a store in Pellston, that sells paraphernalia and other headshop products, was raided at his home. “Jars” of marijuana were found. Czarnecki was a former police officer that worked in the Detroit area for 20 years before moving up north to sell glass pipes and bath salts.

I watched a documentary about how the feds try to infiltrate and they have a heck of a time because they don't know how to act. They keep getting 'made' because after all they are just cops pretending. It's not as easy as one would think to not get caught when you are pretending to be someone you are not. We watch/read and think. Once we find little discrepancies we know we have a pretender. Then you wonder why they are pretending. There are only a few choices about why they are pretending and none of those choices are good. Just like there is a body language you can see in real life, folks on the net have body language too. And they thought they could hide among us. Turns out they just have no clothes on and are dancing all around us naked. 

I watched a documentary about how the feds try to infiltrate and they have a heck of a time because they don't know how to act. They keep getting 'made' because after all they are just cops pretending. It's not as easy as one would think to not get caught when you are pretending to be someone you are not. We watch/read and think. Once we find little discrepancies we know we have a pretender. Then you wonder why they are pretending. There are only a few choices about why they are pretending and none of those choices are good. Just like there is a body language you can see in real life, folks on the net have body language too. And they thought they could hide among us. Turns out they just have no clothes on and are dancing all around us naked.

Right On, and quite eloquent . The Naked Truth

Hope you don't scare them all off though , they kinda fun to toy with, like a cat and laser

Edited by beourbud

Michigan has some of the worst civil forfeiture laws in the country.  Your house, money, car, belongings are all guilty until proven innocent.  It's been that way, and often they say, if you let us keep all your stuff, no charges against you, but if you try to get it back we will charge you...

It's robbery, and most of the time they get away with it, until they try to bite off too much, like a $250k house,  If it were just 20-30k in cash, the couple would most likely ignore it, cost of doing business and move on.

The cops received more in asset forfieture in 2015 than all criminals combined.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/23/cops-took-more-stuff-from-people-than-burglars-did-last-year/

and it is just getting worse as the cops see this as a new revenue stream, they do it more.  Look at the articles about traveling with money.  One kid saved up for 5 years and was traveling to college with his money, they caught him on a train, with like 11K, everything he and his family had, and took it.  wasn't drug related, they had no reason to even suspect him of anything, yet took it anyway, and left him in a strange city, no money to get a hotel, get home, completely screwed...  No charges of course.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/06/30/drug-cops-took-a-college-kids-life-savings-and-now-13-police-departments-want-a-cut/

just disgusting...

• 3 weeks later...