Looking For A Sativa Recommendation

I've mainly been using Indicas for pain and insomnia. I've been reluctant to try a Sativa as my limited exp. with the strain has been "edgy", "racy" and often with a little "paranoia" thrown in. Here's what I would like in a Sativa.

* pain relief

* a clear, up effect

* not racy, edgy and no paranoia

* long lasting

* a gentle come down

A great taste would be nice, but not necessary. Any recommendations will be appreciated!

Just remember almost all Sativas have an energy boost built into them. It's kind of in their DNA.

So if coffee makes you jittery, stay away from Sativas.

Their are few pure Sativas left out there.

Most have been hybridized to tame them for gardening purposes, as they usually are wild and Long Flowering.

My list;

* Apollo11 - not a full Sativa dam close. Great meds and easy on the mind, not so much pain control.

* Tangie, aka Tangerine Dream . She has won a lot of awards. Great refreshing meds that are energetic but not too much.

* Kali-mist, energy and relaxation in one med.

* Jack Herer, the plant not the activist. It's a wide open gene pool with diverse effects and tastes. All good..

* Durban Poison, South African strain that is world famous for a reason. Great pot...

* Super Silver haze, another great Sativa selection.

Potent, long lasting, energetic, creative. But take it easy on this one. She can overdo you.

* Nepali, quick energetic with mind effects.

* Thai based strains can be racy, try Chocolooe for a nice day, afternoon or just about anytime a feel good med is needed.

These should be available for purchase by seed.

Just remember Sativas can creep up on you.

Not knowing how much to smoke can be a problem, smoke a little then wait 15 minutes, if not satisfied with the effects repeat the dosage.

Enjoy the Sativa road brother, but remember Sativas get you High, not Stoned.

A lot of people cannot handle the Elevated effects.

There are a lot of hybrids out there that may be a better choice for those sensitive to Sativa's

Edited by ilynnboy

Really Sparky?

That sounds more like Apollo 11..

No paranoia?

Quoted from Bros Grimm website describing C99

See here;

http://www.brothersgrimmseeds.com/cinderella/

" Each generation exhibited a MAJOR jump in potency: P.50 was rather mellow, P.75 has a well-balanced body/mind high with a citrus flavor, Cinderella 88 is cerebral and paralyzing with a tropical fruit flavor, and

Cinderella 99 is of course renowned for the fruity flavor and speedy, scary high inherited from Princess.

Cinderella 99 yields are highly dependent on the methods used. Pruning style and number of plants/area make a BIG difference. Generally 1-2 lbs/kW depending on the grower’s style. "

Cindy has a pheno which will have you hiding in a closet..

I have been growing her on and off for about 10 years from different breeders.

I also just picked up the new C99 release by Bros Grimm for 2016.

That is the Exact reason I left her Out.. Plus she's fairly racy.

I Love it , but it's not for someone unfamiliar with Sativas.

Apollo 11 is a little more appropriate for less fear..hehehe

As a matter of fact, C 99 is flowering in the tent right now.

Edited by ilynnboy

Sativas do not do well in my garden ive found that if I watch my trichs closely enough I can get the similar effects that Sativas offer from some indica dominant strains.

Some similarity but definitely not the same.

The colder nights and shorter days here outdoors force sativas to flower faster for survival

Indoor ops usually keep their grow warmer which results in normal slow grow.

Edited by beourbud

Some similarity but definitely not the same.

The colder nights and shorter days here outdoors force sativas to flower faster for survival

Indoor ops usually keep their grow warmer which results in normal slow grow.

For some reason Sativas just do not fair well in my garden last 2 I ran I gave up in the 50s because they just looked like  garbage while the Indicas looked hearty and full of life.

Not really sure, i have zero experience with pure sativa's out side of bag seed from mexican brick. I am hoping to get my hands on a moonshine ghost train haze bean really soon, but its also a hybrid. I ran a liberty haze a few months ago, sativa dominant, that patients reported having the effects you desire.

I've run Liberty Haze and found it to be "ok". It ran way over the breeders timeframe, so I may have let it go to long. My patients buy it, but don't rave about it like they do some other of the strains I raise. I wouldn't mind a hybrid if it met my criteria.

Just remember almost all Sativas have an energy boost built into them. It's kind of in their DNA.

So if coffee makes you jittery, stay away from Sativas.

Their are few pure Sativas left out there.

Most have been hybridized to tame them for gardening purposes, as they usually are wild and Long Flowering.

My list;

* Apollo11 - not a full Sativa dam close. Great meds and easy on the mind, not so much pain control.

* Tangie, aka Tangerine Dream . She has won a lot of awards. Great refreshing meds that are energetic but not too much.

* Kali-mist, energy and relaxation in one med.

* Jack Herer, the plant not the activist. It's a wide open gene pool with diverse effects and tastes. All good..

* Durban Poison, South African strain that is world famous for a reason. Great pot...

* Super Silver haze, another great Sativa selection.

Potent, long lasting, energetic, creative. But take it easy on this one. She can overdo you.

* Nepali, quick energetic with mind effects.

* Thai based strains can be racy, try Chocolooe for a nice day, afternoon or just about anytime a feel good med is needed.

These should be available for purchase by seed.

Just remember Sativas can creep up on you.

Not knowing how much to smoke can be a problem, smoke a little then wait 15 minutes, if not satisfied with the effects repeat the dosage.

Enjoy the Sativa road brother, but remember Sativas get you High, not Stoned.

A lot of people cannot handle the Elevated effects.

There are a lot of hybrids out there that may be a better choice for those sensitive to Sativa's

My coffee limit is 3-4 cups. I don't get shaky but do notice the caffeine.

I understand that many pure S are wild and long flowering. I'm not opposed to a H as long as it meets my criteria. Super Silver Haze is scheduled for the next rotation.

High is good, during the day.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice.

I've run Liberty Haze and found it to be "ok". It ran way over the breeders timeframe, so I may have let it go to long. My patients buy it, but don't rave about it like they do some other of the strains I raise. I wouldn't mind a hybrid if it met my criteria.

how long did it go? The pheno i had went about ten weeks with no amber. There mostly indica dom libertys, or at least when comparing what others had there were.

For some reason Sativas just do not fair well in my garden last 2 I ran I gave up in the 50s because they just looked like garbage while the Indicas looked hearty and full of life.

Naturally, sativas require equatorial climates.

Here , close to the 45th. The best we can do is have our sativas ready to go outside by April and wait for the green light from Mother Nature . Usually June1, I have only seen fully mature sativas here 3 times when the conditions were conducive in the spring and fall.

Most times the fall is too cool and soil temp is to low so it's harvested.

That's not to say the bud is not great, It is , just not fully developed

The hybrids are fun and adapt well to the 45th parallel .

Edited by beourbud