No More Help For Female Growers From Me.

pic book

Depends on if you are talking about actual success in growing or bragging about stuff on the internet. 

Ego never helps one be successful. If you actually are successful you have learned to overcome any ego issues. 

So ego would be an excluding factor, not one that leads to success, especially with something that takes patience and introspection like growing.

Might male ego have a bit to do with it also? Besides the female risk aversion and children angle, women are generally less egotistical.

Women have historically been the back bone in support of their male counter part, and have less need for the 'spot light'.

I'm simply tossing ideas out here, not intended for an argument.

thats funny imi !

when my wife visits here she tells me

"too much testosterone in those rooms for me, have fun boys"

lol @trichcycler!

Women are less apt to be able to know when something should be talked about and when not?

I beg to differ on that perspective.

The males have always had the brighter colored 'plumes' to fluff.

Come on out to the HT Country Fair and have a gander at some very successful women growers.

I've not seen one of these ladies fluffing up their less colorful 'plumes' on the internet... just saying.

I agree Mal.

The risks involved in the illicit trade scene may very well be part of the reason.

Now that we have moved into an age where states have legalized and made

medical cannabis legal in others, yes.. times are changing.

The women that I know personally who now grow and are over all more involved

with cannabis are those who's children are grown and out of the home.  The risks

are perhaps now perceived as less due to these two factors; legality and empty nest.

Women are emerging as quite a force, coming out of the shadows to stand front center.

Women may never dominate in this new 'industry', but they sure are showing up and showing out strong.

picbook... please don't be too discouraged, I have chosen the 'wrong' people to assist and probably will again.

That won't stop me from offering help again.  Big ups to you... you tried :bighug:

You have to take into account that successful growers are mostly the top tier in cannabis over achievers. Only the very strongest survive. It's a tough row to hoe. Pulling off a grow once in a while is one thing, but being independent of anyone else's supply is a commitment 24/7.

Yes, consistency is key. It is not easy. It takes a good amount of time growing to get consistency.

Here's what I'm smoking tonight, TGA Querkle, been growing this strain since I joined MMMA. My patients want consistency which makes it difficult to try new ones, but, the patients come first.

Querkle 20160823 019

• 3 weeks later...

lol @trichcycler!

Women are less apt to be able to know when something should be talked about and when not?

I beg to differ on that perspective.

The males have always had the brighter colored 'plumes' to fluff.

Come on out to the HT Country Fair and have a gander at some very successful women growers.

I've not seen one of these ladies fluffing up their less colorful 'plumes' on the internet... just saying.

Oh heck he may have already met you, but you wont ever know it!

He likes to lay low, lower than any of us!

We will never know when we meet grassmatch, only he or she will know when he or she meets us!

he or she can talk the talk but cant walk the walk,,,,,,I wish I would have went to resto's c.c when he was running it, I would realy like to meet both of them guys, but they take my advise to the extreme,  Loose Lips Sink Ships, so do loose meetings with others!

I dont mean no disrespect, you both are the only ones that have not exchanged phone #'s or emails with me, all others have met me in person, sent me a pic (bob oops I mean mal ) even imi and gregS have met me in person and on phone, heck I have met so many people from here, and we all got along awsome!   No one is in jail or has had their life changed for the worse when they met with me, well maybe one slightly but not realy (you know who you are lol,,,Loose Lips Sink Ships lol) It truly is an awsome time when ever I meet some one from this site!

I guess people have their reasons for keeping to them selves, I know there are people I wont meet or give the time of day too!  I cant think of any one on this site that I would not want to meet!

oh :butt2: even you! lol

Peace

Bawahahahahahahhaha!    :blow-a-heart:

I haven't been growing very long but I did wait until my son graduated from college and left the house. As for most farmers being male...I beg to differ. There are thousands of female farmers, both crop and ranch. BTW, raising and caring for horses takes a ton of work. I wasn't the 1st in the industry when I got well known both state and nationwide for tournament and hunting archery but it felt like it much of the time. Many of te guys couldn't handle being with a woman who could shoot as good, often times better, than they could. I can't even tally the number of men who either I dumped or who dumped me because of it. There are a l;ot of men out there who's ego simply can't handle a woman who does well in something they feel is "their's".

When I began growing there was a guy who wanted to help me but I quickly found out that he simply wanted me to work for him. He expected to get half of my production both indoors and out just for supplying me with 24 start up plants and 2 lights. I'm sure everyone here knows just how much 24 plants can produce outside and how much work it is to get the ground ready, build the enclosure, run a water line, planting, staking, trimming, weeding, tying down, building indoor rooms, having a new electric panel put in and new electric run for the lights, water filtration, air circulation, temp. and humidity control, cuttting and sarting clones, etc. etc. etc.

Mind you, he wasn't offering to help with any of what I listed nor any of what I didn't ( which is quite a lot more ). He simply wanted to supply the plants then come help trim when it was time and wanted HALF of everything. What a joke!

I do believe that wome are less likely to go on web sites like this one and talk about what they're doing than men. The ones I've met tend to be leary of "showing off" or bragging about their grows. Anyhow my property, my rules. Heck of a topic for me to come backl to and chime in on..lol :-) Good growing all!!! Blkwlf