Dea Going To Put Kratom On Schedule One

Antioxidant value and antiproliferative efficacy of mitragynine and a silane reduced analogue.

Abstract
BACKGROUND:

To investigate the antioxidant value and anticancer functions of mitragynine (MTG) and its silane-reduced analogues (SRM) in vitro.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:

MTG and SRM was analyzed for their reducing power ability, ABTS radical inhibition and 1,1-diphenyl-2-picryl hydrazylfree radicals scavenging activities. Furthermore, the antiproliferation efficacy was evaluated using MTT assay on K 562 and HCT116 cancer cell lines versus NIH/3T3 and CCD18-Co normal cell lines respectively.

RESULTS:

SRM and MTG demonstrate moderate antioxidant value with ABTS assay (Trolox equivalent antioxidant capacity (TEAC): 2.25±0.02 mmol trolox / mmol and 1.96±0.04 mmol trolox / mmol respectively) and DPPH (IC50=3.75±0.04 mg/mL and IC50=2.28±0.02 mg/mL respectively). Both MTG and SRM demonstrate equal potency (IC50=25.20±1.53 and IC50= 22.19±1.06 respectively) towards K 562 cell lines, comparable to control, betulinic acid (BA) (IC5024.40±1.26). Both compounds showed concentration-dependent cytototoxicity effects and exert profound antiproliferative efficacy at concentration > 100 μM towards HCT 116 and K 562 cancer cell lines, comparable to those of BA and 5-FU (5-Fluorouracil). Furthermore, both MTG and SRM exhibit high selectivity towards HCT 116 cell lines with selective indexes of 3.14 and 2.93 respectively compared to 5-FU (SI=0.60).

CONCLUSIONS:

These findings revealed that the medicinal and nutitional values of mitragynine obtained from ketum leaves that growth in tropical forest of Southeast Asia and its analogues does not limited to analgesic properties but could be promising antioxidant and anticancer or chemopreventive compounds.

http://thecre.com/ CRE has submitted a Request for Information to DEA regarding its listing of kratom as a Schedule I narcotic.  The information so requested is the DEA letter to HHS as mentioned in the Federal Register which announced the aforementioned listing, which states:

The Administrator [DEA} transmitted notice of his intent to place mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine in schedule I on a temporary basis to the Assistant Secretary[HHS] by letter dated May 6, 2016.

CRE, serving in its role as regulatory watchdog,  ensures that regulators comply with the Data Quality Act, a statute which requires that regulatory actions be  based upon sound scientific principals.

The information contained in the DEA letter to HHS is of critical importance in assessing the merits of the agency’s science. CRE was surprised that the said letter is not immediately accessible on the DEA website nor was it made available in the DEA listing of kratom as a Schedule I narcotic as noted in the Federal Register notice.

In that federal regulators review CRE websites,  CRE recommends that  interested parties  increase their leverage by broadcasting this post to other stakeholders.

Please see cre-letter-to-dea-officials

Big Pharma’s Patents on Kratom Alkaloids Expose Real Reason DEA is Banning this Plant

As the Free Thought Project reported last week, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) just announced they will ban the popular pain relief supplement kratom by placing it on the Schedule 1 list, which denotes “no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse” – the most restrictive classification under the federal Controlled Substances Act.

http://wakingtimesmedia.com/big-pharmas-patents-kratom-alkaloids-expose-real-reason-dea-banning-plant/

I wonder how many other harmless natural plants are schedule one ?   :horse:

Edited by knucklehead bob

https://engage.drugpolicy.org/secure/senate-kratom-dea

Stop the DEA's War on Kratom

The DEA recently placed kratom, a medicinal plant used for millennia in Southeast Asia, on the list of Schedule I drugs, effective September 30.

Without a serious scientific investigation the DEA intends to subject anyone caught with any quantity of kratom to long prison sentences, while effectively halting scientific investigation into kratom’s medicinal benefits, and making it impossible to enact sensible legal regulations for kratom.

Many people struggling with opioid addiction have turned to kratom as a safer alternative, but now all promising scientific studies on kratom’s role in opioid treatment could be immediately shut down. Tell your Senators to stop the DEA's irresponsible action before it's too late. 

Take Action

The dea and dr.'s and big pharma want to use suboxan to get us off of one opoid and addicted to another!  Just ask the suspended dr. who writes opoids, does mm certs and hooks you on suboxan (amongst other ilicit things)!  But of course just like most people who are in jail for theft, rape and other crimes he swears he is inocent!  (a big bunch of b.s)

I was on loratabs for at least 8 yrs, I told my dr. I couldnt afford them any longer,,,,,he said you have ins dont it pay for your rx's,  I told him yes it does, but when I run out of the 120  10/500 loratabs in 10 days I cant afford to purchase them off of the street for 5 bucks a peice,  he looked at me,  I said Im addicted the them and I need a pain med that I wont abuse,,,,he thought long and hard and said he will switch me to 10 mg methadone pills, 120 a month,  It worked for a while untill I did more than one and liked them also!  My dr. knew I smoke mj (this was before 08) he was ok with it, but when I asked him to give me a cert for an mm card so I could get off of opoids he quit me!

I sure hope more dr.'s start to cert people for mm, but I doubt it, I am thankful for the ones that do cert's,  But like any thing else there will always be dr.'s that take advantage of the almighty $$$.

It sure would be nice to get my renewells from my primary dr.!!!!

Peace

I know many people who have used Kratom to get off them dirty and dangerous subs,  And i also know many people who use this harmless leaf to treat pain, It works better than Morphine and you can function ,  You know this leaf is cheaper than cannabis  100 bucks a kilo so you can treat your pain for a half a year for 100 bucks,

Edited by cristinew

I know many people who have used Kratom to get off them dirty and dangerous subs,  And i also know many people who use this harmless leaf to treat pain, It works better than Morphine and you can function ,  You know this leaf is cheaper than cannabis  100 bucks a kilo so you can treat your pain for a half a year for 100 bucks,

I realy never knew anything about this organic medicine until this thread!

Thanks!

Peace

Big Pharma’s Patents on Kratom Alkaloids Expose Real Reason DEA is Banning this Plant

As the Free Thought Project reported last week, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) just announced they will ban the popular pain relief supplement kratom by placing it on the Schedule 1 list, which denotes “no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse” – the most restrictive classification under the federal Controlled Substances Act.

http://wakingtimesmedia.com/big-pharmas-patents-kratom-alkaloids-expose-real-reason-dea-banning-plant/

I wonder how many other harmless natural plants are schedule one ?   :horse:

If you just did a bunch of magic mushrooms (phylisibin?? spelling) and didnt have any dangerious weapons around could it kill you?

I know it totaly does  almost the same thing as acid or mescaline did back in the day, as far as buzz,  but blotter acid and mescaline were man made, mushrooms are not,  Has anyone died from the shrooms,,,,,,,,,I have old men relatives that have all kinds of messed up stuff wrong with them from the 60's experimental acid days!  One messed up bunch if they are still alive.

I seen a video of a guy who grew his own shrooms and used it for cluster head aches!   Man them head ache's are nasty, at least they seem to be Im lucky not to even get head aches,,,,,the guy did shrooms like 1 time a month or maybe every other month,  and

he didnt get the cluster head aches when he did the shrooms,,,,,,when it was the day to do his meds(shrooms), he would pretty much hunker down in his bedroom and try like heck to sleep thru the trippiest part! He had kids and was married and if he didnt do the shrooms he says he would have committed suicide by now!  I beleive him, just seeing my lady go thru migraines is horrible, the cluster head ache's are much more painful and extreme!   I think I would enjoy med day though!  :yahoo-wave:

Peace

I am on day three of stopping Ms contin 30mg x 3 + breakthrough meds. I took my last pain pill Friday night. Have been taking 4 - 6 grams of Kratom every 6 hours, and it is pretty much making the withdrawal a non-issue. Didn't get the best sleep last night but right now I feel pretty good. I've a clear head, went for a long walk and no longer feel tired. That is what they want to patent. That is why we are not a free society.

p.s.

I surly wish I knew about this when I went through 6 weeks of hell after stopping a low dose of methadone!

Edited by swamper

It is not addictive , Drug addicts/heroin  will suffer PAWS Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome (PAWS), usually lasts for 2 years.  ..  A normal person can use kratom for years and quit and have zero withdraws,  Most withdrawls from Kratom are just that heroin addicts suffering from PAWS.  Not the kratom,  The kratom helps with paws,

Edited by cristinew

I wonder if I would have been able to take kratom to a non narcotic county jail,  they wouldnt allow me to do my methadone and xanax and like I said I should have died, the day I was released (8th night) my lady had to call an ambulance from the parking lot of the clare county jail, I was put in i.c.u imediatly!

They had all of my medical records and my meds, no help there,  Most county jails will give alcoholics pheno barbital so they dont withdraw from alcohol, But some one who has been on xanax and methadone for 12 yrs (me) they give you nothing!

Peace

https://www.rt.com/usa/358931-kratom-drug-dea-schedule/

In Alabama, where Kratom is already banned, addicts had to return to methadone with heroin use and overdoses reported to have increased by nearly 20 percent.

Unlike synthetic methadone, kratom is a natural substance which does little to benefit the big pharmaceutical companies who cannot patent it.

Edited by cristinew

http://www.thecre.com/forum8/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CRE-DEA-Kratom-1.pdf

Charles P. Rosenberg Administrator (Acting) Drug Enforcement Administration Lincoln Place-West 700 Army Navy Drive Arlington, VA 22202 Re: Kratom Dear Mr. Rosenberg:

Having worked as a regulatory official in five1 Presidential Administrations, I understand that regulatory policy is not and should not be determined via plebiscite; however, in the instance of Kratom, when 100,000 2members of the public express outrage with a regulatory decision, it deserves a second look. Consequently CRE, in its role as a nationally3 recognized regulatory watchdog, is going to investigate this matter. In addition CRE has received hundreds of letters—not form letters—from concerned citizens which we have posted on the Kratom Policy Forum 4 on this page. We realize the time involved in reading a regulatory docket. It is for this reason we compiled these first hand stories for easy viewing by policymakers; no need to visit a website, then input docket numbers and take other actions. All is needed is a simple click on the aforementioned link.

The Resolution of Interagency Conflicts Is Within the Jurisdiction of OMB The Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) has been described as the cockpit of the regulatory state. It is an organization that has a statutory mandate to manage and oversee the flow of regulatory actions taken by federal agencies. In the discharge of these duties OIRA is often involved in one-on-one discussions with agency personnel to resolve potential conflicts with OMB personnel. However in this instance, the DEA action to ban Kratom, the conflict is considerably wider in scope. In this instance there is a sharp disagreement among a number of federal agencies. Consequently if there were ever a time for an OMB intervention this is it.

This is a great read click on the link to continue,

Edited by cristinew