America’S Next Gold Rush

knucklehead bob

At current prices, one would have to get 3+ pounds off one plant in order to make one plant worth $14000. Thatsa bigga plant!! I suppose it is possible, but the problem with this article's hypothesis is that their estimates are based on current prices. Current prices are artificially inflated due to cannabis's status as a controlled substance. Keeping cannabis on the list of controlled substances appears to be the goal of conservative, big government loving fascists, but the price of cannabis is tied to the level of success that lawmakers have in keeping cannabis on the controlled substance list. As soon as cannabis is "freed" from its controlled substance status, that 3 pound plant will become worth $14.

Just for the record, I would like lawmakers to know that I would be more than willing to pay $7.00 for a pack of 20 cannabis cigarettes and have $5.00 of that cost go to the government for taxes.

Nobody is going to get rich off "truly" legal cannabis.

This is a sales presentation for an investment newsletter but the cannabis portion of his presentation was interesting.  Too long, but interesting for an investor.

Well, several times in history, most recently in early 2014, these cannabis stocks were exploding...every day.  It gets insane as everyone seems to want in at once.  When the frenzy takes hold, lots of folks can get rich off of legal cannabis businesses.

Here is the thread that was going during a couple of these feeding frenzies

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/41737-how-to-invest-in-legalized-marijuana/

What this presentation doesn't say is what Zap had been emphasizing in the other thread.  Most of these cannabis companies fall as fast as they rise and if you buy high, you can be left holding the bag with huge losses.  So while the meteoric rises mentioned in this sales pitch were true, most cannabis companies dropped back to their original levels.  I called it a rollercoaster - exhilarating but it left you back at the starting point if you didn't sell any of your holdings.

I agree with this presenter that there is another cannabis stock feeding frenzy coming up with this election day legislative changes...possibly.  Whenever the next one hits, lots of folks will stand to make a lot of money.  I hope to be one of these investors/speculators and have started watching the market more closely.

To avoid the rollercoaster effect one must learn to take profits and not get too greedy.  Last time I know that I held many stocks too long trying to get rich.  I thought other catalysts were coming soon enough to keep stock values up, but was wrong and most stocks fell back very fast. 

So, this can be very risky and should not be undertaken with money that cannot be lost.  But, imo, this is a great chance to speculate