Will New Laws Increase The Number Of Patients?

westmich

Just curious if anyone else thinks the number of patients will increase once the new laws are in place and dispensaries start to open up.  I think the number will increase by at least 10% if not more.

It's anecdotal evidence, but like most patients who used pot before the law existed, I have many friends who smoke and never got their card.  I would guess 1 in 2 daily users don't have a card.  That would mean there is potential to double the number of patients.  If 20% of the un-carded (1 in 5) converted over, you would have a 10% gain overall.  I can picture that easy enough.

That also doesn't take tourism into account.  There are plenty of reason for out of state patients to visit Michigan.  Being able to go into a dispensary while on vacation will certainly add to the number as well.

Thoughts?

Betting the AltMarket is 6x the MMMP

Cannabis is growing like a weed everywhere and Prices are plummeting now for top shelf.

Who is looking forward to getting on a tracking list only to pay too much for subpar?

Yeah, No

Six times!  Then there will definitely be an increase.  

I don't see anyone wanting to be tracked or pay high prices.  Not do I see the existing patients moving over to dispensary only model.  What I see is patients who will now have an option to walk into a clean, safe, professional environment and have a very wide range of products available.  Patients will tell their friends of these options and a percentage of them will get cards for the first time.

Eventually, prices will come down to below the current market today.

I don't see anyone wanting to be tracked or pay high prices.  Not do I see the existing patients moving over to dispensary only model.  What I see is patients who will now have an option to walk into a clean, safe, professional environment and have a very wide range of products available.  Patients will tell their friends of these options and a percentage of them will get cards for the first time.

You are obviously out of touch with reality. The WOD. Continues.......#fucktheman

Pt's will tell their friends and their friends will have them buy for them from the over priced supply centers, just like they do in gaylord daily!

Peace

You are obviously out of touch with reality. The WOD. Continues.......#fucktheman

No, I keep up with reality quite well.  It helps to be non-partisan and not live in a Left-wing or Right-wing bubble all day.

What is 'The WOD'?  Are you promoting an online wood toy store?  Or is it to do with Australian fitness products?  I only got to the bottom of the first page of Google searches.

Pt's will tell their friends and their friends will have them buy for them from the over priced supply centers, just like they do in gaylord daily!

Peace

There will be some of that I am sure, but I don't think the initial pricing will allow much room for resale beyond personal favors.

One example: I took a trip to Lansing in July to get my hands on some live resin.  Leafly showed a dispensary in Lansing carrying it.  There menu was quite extensive, in fact, so I thought this might be an opportunity to check out what a full scale dispensary is like - what the future market might look like in the West side of the state someday.  I was in for a surprise.  It was an old rundown house in a bad area.  I would have turned around if I hadn't driven so far.  The selection was there and the product was good, but I can't picture the average person wanting to be anywhere near that place unarmed.

When dispensaries look like CVS's or the ones I visited in Las Vegas, you will see the next spike in popularity.

Just curious if anyone else thinks the number of patients will increase once the new laws are in place and dispensaries start to open up.  I think the number will increase by at least 10% if not more.

It's anecdotal evidence, but like most patients who used pot before the law existed, I have many friends who smoke and never got their card.  I would guess 1 in 2 daily users don't have a card.  That would mean there is potential to double the number of patients.  If 20% of the un-carded (1 in 5) converted over, you would have a 10% gain overall.  I can picture that easy enough.

That also doesn't take tourism into account.  There are plenty of reason for out of state patients to visit Michigan.  Being able to go into a dispensary while on vacation will certainly add to the number as well.

Thoughts?

No, I know more people leaving the program than joining. 

THe problem with tourism is that the Dispensary law gives no ability for that.  For a Disp to sell to a patient, they need to be able to look up the validity of that patient.  Each state database will be different, and likely untrusted for a Disp here to check the validity of a card in Illinois.  Since there is no card check, there is no sale.

These laws are going to destroy the CG/PT system in 2 years at the most...  But, there is a good chance in my opinion that by then it will be recreational, and prices will skyrocket, but at least no one will have to worry...

No, I keep up with reality quite well.  It helps to be non-partisan and not live in a Left-wing or Right-wing bubble all day.

What is 'The WOD'?  Are you promoting an online wood toy store?  Or is it to do with Australian fitness products?  I only got to the bottom of the first page of Google searches.

WOD = War On Drugs.

I use acronym finder when I am introduced to one I'm not familiar with (which is often).