Will Caregivers Still Be Needed

nvinson105

It would be VERY hard to assert a defense without a Doctor letter saying previous to the assistance the patient was told to use MMJ from a Doctor.  See, one thing here is you can't self diagnose a condition or determine that your diagnosed condition needs MJ.  A Doctor, licensed in MI, has to be the one to say you should use MJ or there is no defense in court.

But, if the PT doesn't have a card, but has a letter from a Doctor BEFORE the transfer, you could use section 8 in court.  Now growing without a CG card... Sorry, no defense for it unless it is only for you and you have a Dr letter stating you would benefit from MJ...

Sorry to say that you are right but getting a Judge to see it your way and my way may or may not work i have seen it not work more then it working the way it should and am sorry to say it but i believe after the new Law our signed the Court will be busier then ever 

If i was a caregiver and  growing cannabis for my PT or even growing for myself i would stop my PTSD just won't let me grow cannabis  

This just in:

Any and all Dry cannabis exposed to Michigan Climate will have mold spores. The whole state is conducive to mold.

It's in the air, it's everywhere

A percentage of outdoor can be lost to bud rot but that's just another risk and reason to grow more.

Good pharmers know how to tend their crop.

Edited by beourbud

Minimum wage was also $1,60 back then. :-)

:-)

lol

It's a labor of love for some

Most are willing to do it for free

Truth be told, cannabis shoul not cost more than $40 a plant and a plant will net on average 1/2 to1lb

Wholesale $500-$800 per plant, depending on strain and size. No weighing. Like buying a Christmas tree

Healthy plants make Happy Buds

beourbud

Edited by beourbud

I know right?

Its easy to spot the Pro's from the Posers

These redneck retards from Arkansas are clueless.

i guess you consider yourself a pro? And im just a redneck retard from arkansas..lol. I wonder how many upper respiratory infections your "cage free" sun grown has caused. enjoy it while you can, the real proffesionals are about to take over. :)

@beordud, how many patients have you helped become self sufficient?how many patients have you helped learn how to produce there own meds at less than 15 dollars an ounce indoors?

Lost count

i guess you consider yourself a pro? And im just a redneck retard from arkansas..lol. I wonder how many upper respiratory infections your "cage free" sun grown has caused. enjoy it while you can, the real proffesionals are about to take over. :)

Yawn Edited by beourbud

People who use marijuana will either get a card so they can grow for themselves and/or use a dispensary.  Or they won't get a card and just buy from their friends who cards (this does not make them caregivers).  I don't see people getting a card to get a caregiver.  The only exception would be caregivers who get patients by giving them freebies, but this bill kills that business model.

How does this bill kill that business model?

Nothing has changed for c.g and pt's!

Please explain,

Peace

Sorry to say that you are right but getting a Judge to see it your way and my way may or may not work i have seen it not work more then it working the way it should and am sorry to say it but i believe after the new Law our signed the Court will be busier then ever 

If i was a caregiver and  growing cannabis for my PT or even growing for myself i would stop my PTSD just won't let me grow cannabis  

I understand bob!

If people dont know what you have been thru,  They may not understand!

alot of new people dont know you lost your whole world because of a plant, these bills are a little to late for you!

Im sorry about what you went thru bob!

Better days are coming!

Peace

Jim

Once upon a time, you would hear of bust with 15 plants, now all you hear are 200-1000 plant raids

Even this week there have been a few around here with 200-300 plants.

Outdoor Cannabis in Michigan .....It's a Thing

I smoked out door for probably the first 2 yrs of being a pt,  I was getting pinconning paralyzer!  It was nice!

Peace

How are the profesionals going to take over?

a c.g can still grow, a pt can still grow!

I wont be buying com mm from any one, mine will be grown by my c.g or me!

Please explain how the pro's are going to take over.

Peace

Pimp?  If that is what you call a patient getting a free ounce a month and additional ounces for $150 because the dispensary pays the bills.

You haven't realized yet that these complicated sales ideas just lead to failure? When you get down to a nice product consistently at a fair price then your business model will make sense and last the test of time. No need for smoke and mirrors if you are legit. 

Pimp?  If that is what you call a patient getting a free ounce a month and additional ounces for $150 because the dispensary pays the bills.

no judgments here man, I call it like I see it. If the reason a cg is getting patients to grow max counts to illegally sell back the dispensaries where other patients get shafted at twice the cost....thats pimping a patient to me.  It represents poorly on cg's I know, while the rest of us plan and fret over laws, staying within our limits, and recouping costs legally.  Patients used to run around here demanding free meds because the"knew that all us caregivers are getting rich off of their plants" because of this pimping. It causes big upset when ilegal players are posing as legal ones I believe. but really I dont care. I wish I could make more money, I wish I wasnt concerned with the law, I wish I could always provide free meds to my patients, but thats not reality here. when I break it down I see it as cg's hiding behind a card. again, whatever, but thats what I've see in court, selling outside of their registry is illegal.

peace

edit for;

the last three patients I serve all pay 150 per ounce btw, and get most of my overages free as a bonus. I help them with my space and expertise and see it as an exchange of labor for my personal meds, and their contributions pay our garden bills. I donate my awesome outdoor grow building, all of the up front costs and any risks I take serving them in this capacity.

Edited by trichcycler

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but based on my own communications with prospective patients over the years, it wasn't that CGs were pimping patients. It was more the other way around - patients pimping CGs and demanding free meds and other compensation for the "right" to grow "their" 12 plants. A quick Craigslist search today will reveal several patients looking for free meds.

A CG I met from this site back in 2009 said it best in a post here. In response to a patient who said that CGs should sell overages and give the patient meds for free out of compassion, he said "Since you're such a nice guy, how about you sell the overages yourself and give me the money?"

I adopted this approach myself when taking to prospective patients. I can't remember how many patients I've talked to who expected free meds and went on to explain to me how much I could profit from growing 12 more plants, but there were many. Then I'd flip the table on them. One guy I actually signed up for $5/gram. About a week after the first 2.5 oz delivery he called me up needing more. He said he sold 2 oz to a dispensary for $480 because he needed the cash. He then went on to tell me that he should get free meds since I could yield a pound a month off his 12 plants - give him a free oz and dump 15 to a dispensary. I asked him if he could get meds from me for $140/oz, use one oz per month and dump the rest at a dispensary, he could make $1500/month. But he didn't want to do that. I wouldn't have made that deal with him anyway but was just feeling-out the situation and playing along.

Needless to say, our relationship was very short.

no judgments here man, I call it like I see it. If the reason a cg is getting patients to grow max counts to illegally sell back the dispensaries where other patients get shafted at twice the cost....thats pimping a patient to me.  It represents poorly on cg's I know, while the rest of us plan and fret over laws, staying within our limits, and recouping costs legally.  Patients used to run around here demanding free meds because the"knew that all us caregivers are getting rich off of their plants" because of this pimping. It causes big upset when ilegal players are posing as legal ones I believe. but really I dont care. I wish I could make more money, I wish I wasnt concerned with the law, I wish I could always provide free meds to my patients, but thats not reality here. when I break it down I see it as cg's hiding behind a card. again, whatever, but thats what I've see in court, selling outside of their registry is illegal.

peace

edit for;

the last three patients I serve all pay 150 per ounce btw, and get most of my overages free as a bonus. I help them with my space and expertise and see it as an exchange of labor for my personal meds, and their contributions pay our garden bills. I donate my awesome outdoor grow building, all of the up front costs and any risks I take serving them in this capacity.

#PotMeetKettle

Seriously, you are splitting hairs on legality?  I take it you never experienced marijuana until you got your license in 2009?

The dispensaries I worked with all had the approval of local elected leaders, the sheriff, and the community (that's not to say they were technically legal at the state level and certainly not at the federal level).  Patients got the ability to walk into a clean, safe atmosphere and pick from two to three dozens strains at any one time.  The patients were never charged more than $10 a gram and less if they bought in bulk.  They could pay even less (in some rare cases) going directly with a CG, but had had multiple bad experiences with CGs and preferred using the dispensary.

If I were a patient looking for a CG and came across the typical basement grower living on disability making extra money, but not claiming it to the IRS - I would expect free ounce as well.

#PotMeetKettle

Seriously, you are splitting hairs on legality?  I take it you never experienced marijuana until you got your license in 2009?

The dispensaries I worked with all had the approval of local elected leaders, the sheriff, and the community (that's not to say they were technically legal at the state level and certainly not at the federal level).  Patients got the ability to walk into a clean, safe atmosphere and pick from two to three dozens strains at any one time.  The patients were never charged more than $10 a gram and less if they bought in bulk.  They could pay even less (in some rare cases) going directly with a CG, but had had multiple bad experiences with CGs and preferred using the dispensary.

If I were a patient looking for a CG and came across the typical basement grower living on disability making extra money, but not claiming it to the IRS - I would expect free ounce as well.

There's not a thing wrong with growing in a basement, disabled, or not declaring it to the IRS. Not a thing to be blackmailed for, like you are insinuating here. This is the typical bad propaganda put out there by dispensary interests. It's sick. How can you write such terrible BS let alone think it up? It is completely disgraceful.  

I'll sign up under anyone who gives me a free ounce a month.  Screw this spider mite bull crap!  PM me..  The only time I ever heard of someone getting a free ounce was from a potential patient who "has a buddy" that gets that deal.. Not sure if their "buddy" is a big ahole or just non-existent as the reason they can't go to "their buddy."  Weirdly, when I ask them this, their face contorts and it seems like they are beginning to develop an ulcer.  I offered a tums to one gentleman before it was so bad.

There's not a thing wrong with growing in a basement, disabled, or not declaring it to the IRS. Not a thing to be blackmailed for, like you are insinuating here. This is the typical bad propaganda put out there by dispensary interests. It's sick. How can you write such terrible BS let alone think it up? It is completely disgraceful.  

This has been my personal experience over the last 7 years.  Every patient I came across looking for a CG had one bad experience after the other.  And much of that was before there were dispensary options on this side of the state.  I believe that is why the CG market has shrunk down to what it is; patients either grow for themselves or know patients who do.  For example: there are about 4,000 patients in Muskegon County and 40 caregivers.  That's a 100 to 1 ratio, yet, you'll be darn luck to find a patient especially one willing to sign over the plants, for free.

As I pointed out earlier, you're splitting hairs on the law.  I am more concerned with what is right, moral, and fair versus might currently be legal.  If you complain about others not paying their fair share of taxes but then hide your own earnings - you're a hypocrite POS.  If you claim you can no longer work and support yourself, take the disability benefits, and then spend 20 to 40 hours a week growing, selling, and otherwise supporting your home based business - you're a hypocrite POS.

This has been my personal experience over the last 7 years.  Every patient I came across looking for a CG had one bad experience after the other.  And much of that was before there were dispensary options on this side of the state.  I believe that is why the CG market has shrunk down to what it is; patients either grow for themselves or know patients who do.  For example: there are about 4,000 patients in Muskegon County and 40 caregivers.  That's a 100 to 1 ratio, yet, you'll be darn luck to find a patient especially one willing to sign over the plants, for free.

As I pointed out earlier, you're splitting hairs on the law.  I am more concerned with what is right, moral, and fair versus might currently be legal.  If you complain about others not paying their fair share of taxes but then hide your own earnings - you're a hypocrite POS.  If you claim you can no longer work and support yourself, take the disability benefits, and then spend 20 to 40 hours a week growing, selling, and otherwise supporting your home based business - you're a hypocrite POS.

Muskegon:

Patients: 3,991

Caregivers: 683

Most caregivers are just patients. Rip on caregivers, you are only ripping on patients, and family members of patients, and close family friends of those  patients for the most part.

Your stated facts are completely wrong as well as your opinion.