Will Caregivers Still Be Needed

nvinson105

Its happening. But it is a minority.

ANd it is no ones fault but all of ours for not supporting and growing the caregiver community in a more accessible manner.

Greed kind of killed the organized movement when selfish caregivers decided instead of helping to train caregivers and facilitate such relationships, they would rather open a retail store and sell pot illegally directly in public and pretending it was legal and then getting their friends to crank out 72 plant grows to sell at their stores and creating caregivers that were only dispensary whorres that sell off their patients supplies to street dealers who rented a storefront,  thus making the vast majority of caregivers look bad due to the selfishness of the few.

Um yea.

But now we have a new law and they will be legal. They finally have their safe, regulated, taxed 'safe access' centers now. And almost all they are doing is whining about it.

When the law was new alot of people thought they could make a good living growing and selling mm.

Alot of c.g's beleived pt2pt cg2cg was legal and acted that way, they sold to any one with a card!

I found an opertunity to get my mmj free,  I jumped and took it!

I never beleived p2p cg2cg or despense's were legal Never!

I am guilty by association to a c.g that hides behind the system and still is broke!?!  Go figure eh?

I used to love going to bars and phaqing around, It was costing me a fortune lol!

I bought dj and karaoke equip and started working bars, I was in charge of the music got paid and drinks were part of my pay!

same dif, I always try and make my habbits pay for them selves and not take away from family income!

Every one has a price!  I wonder if the unemployment numbers are real,  I would think alot of people that ran out of bennys are now selling weed, and are not counted as unemployed, under the table c.g/pt grower cash!

Blah!

Peace

But now we have a new law and they will be legal. They finally have their safe, regulated, taxed 'safe access' centers now. And almost all they are doing is whining about it.

Because if they follow the rules now it's even less profitable then the last set of rules they pretended to follow. There was no viable real legal business model for a dispensary before and the new rules just put them further behind the 8 ball. The only way their business model ever worked was to take down all other sources and have a monopoly to force up prices. So when they sold joints it was only lost leaders to keep patients from having to look for a caregiver. Everything dispensaries have done has been hampering the caregiver patient scenario because they want the monopoly. It's been said in public by a dispensary advocate legislator that the two systems are not going to exist side by side, it's one or the other. If they had never existed there would be a much different system in place now. Without a monopoly the dispensaries are toast in the long run. So expect them to keep whining until they have what they need, a monopoly, or die. 

When you talk to people who haven't smoked their whole lives, they don't know where to go.  They don't have hook ups from friends.  There is still a lot of secrecy especially when you talk to people who are successful, they still feel it is completely taboo.  Literally I could have you speak with 2 people, both in their 40s, both smoked their whole lives, both had no idea where or how to find a good quality, consistent CG when I met them. 

Depends on what prices you refer to.  $230-250/oz isn't that far from what we all call standard

It doesn't surprise me that two patients had difficulty finding good supply until they met a good caregiver. I just don't see how you think dispensaries are the solution to this issue. Finding that good caregiver is the obvious solution.

After everything your patients went through to find you, after all this supposed trouble, after finding literally the actual answer to the problem, you are going to abandon them to purchase their marijuana from your retail outlet which is purchased from a commercial grower? I may be misunderstanding your plan here.

This is where I fall into. I haven't used MJ since high school, and I'm in my mid 30's now. When I got my card I was lost, shoot I still am. I had no one to, ask and no where to go. So, I turned to the internet! That led me to Leafly, and from there a dispensary. During this time I did research on how to grow my own. But while doing so I still needed med's. So, again back to the dispensaries. 

I didn't learn about this place until December of 2015, and I didn't attempt to try o get a caregiver here until August of this year. From December until August I went to only dispensaries because that is all I knew. I guess I could have come looking here sooner, but I was afraid of meeting random people from he internet, and I still am. It gives me anxiety just thinking about meeting up with someone in a parking lot, or a fast food joint. 

Anywho, I just wanted my MJ because it has helped me get off of 8 pharmaceutical's, and turned me back into the person I used to be. I am not normal with out my meds, so as a PT I need to go get them when I need them, and during this time of learning dispensaries have help me get my med's. 

Has my experience with dispensaries been good, no. Has my experience with CG's been good, no. But both have helped me get my med's when I needed them, and for this I am grateful.

As of now, I am still growing, and going to dispensaries because I need to. My first harvest sucked, but it was a big learning experience. My current grow looks good, a mix of autos and photo's in hopes that I can cover my needs without having to seek outside sources. I have 5 more weeks on my next auto, but I still have to go to a dispensary in the mean time since most CG's don't want to deal with a short term PT.

I need to medicate every 2-3 hours just to maintain, which comes out to almost 1/2 an oz a week, and at 250$ an oz the last 9 months have cost me a lot. I wish I didn't have to pay that much, shoot, I wish I didn't have to use that much, but I need it as a PT. 

I lost my train of thought, but PT's go where they can to get med's. It's not the greatest option in the world, but it beats feeling like bunny muffin. 

I'm not sure this is always clear, but a patient that pays for their meds on a regular basis, that doesn't have to re sell some of it at much higher prices to make theirs free, is a prize. You are the real deal every real caregiver wants and needs. We need you. We need lots of people/patients like you. Please step forward and ask for a real caregiver.

Yep.

As a community we needed to make the system more accessible.Unfortunately, most the leaders who started compassion clubs got greedy and became dispensaries. It hurt because it took out a key link to accessibility, ease, and comfortable situations.

I get it.

I was a leader that started a compassion club and actually had two guys fighting at the club over a little old lady patient. One wanted to sign her and one wanted to just sell to her. The guy that wanted to sell to her won, started a dispensary and got busted. The real caregiver died. That's the long and short of it.

I'm not sure this is always clear, but a patient that pays for their meds on a regular basis, that doesn't have to re sell some of it at much higher prices to make theirs free, is a prize. You are the real deal every real caregiver wants and needs. We need you. We need lots of people/patients like you. Please step forward and ask for a real caregiver.

Yea...

I always tried to make the patient be the decider. Give the "power" of choice to a patient. Give them a dozen(s) solid caregivers to choose from. Give them a safe public place to interview them(public library). And teach patients to be self sufficient(if possible) to the point they could become solid caregivers.

I did it for 5 years. Worked great.  but, I am just a sick disabled guy too with only so much ability and time.

Yea...

I always tried to make the patient be the decider. Give the "power" of choice to a patient. Give them a dozen(s) solid caregivers to choose from. Give them a safe public place to interview them(public library). And teach patients to be self sufficient(if possible) to the point they could become solid caregivers.

I did it for 5 years. Worked great.  but, I am just a sick disabled guy too with only so much ability and time.

Yup. We had a public library and a good plan. But every plan is good until you get punched in the mouth. Then you have to think up another plan. That's where we have been since.

I was a leader that started a compassion club and actually had two guys fighting at the club over a little old lady patient. One wanted to sign her and one wanted to just sell to her. The guy that wanted to sell to her won, started a dispensary and got busted. The real caregiver died. That's the long and short of it.

Yea.... I know. We watched the whole thing from the very very start.  It was discouraging to see uh .... I dunno, such greed and callousness amongst a community I thought would be a little more generous and family minded.

Boy was I wrong.  You could see the people with dollar signs in their eyes a mile away.

Its happening. But it is a minority.

ANd it is no ones fault but all of ours for not supporting and growing the caregiver community in a more accessible manner.

Greed kind of killed the organized movement when selfish caregivers decided instead of helping to train caregivers and facilitate such relationships, they would rather open a retail store and sell pot illegally directly in public and pretending it was legal and then getting their friends to crank out 72 plant grows to sell at their stores and creating caregivers that were only dispensary whorres that sell off their patients supplies to street dealers who rented a storefront,  thus making the vast majority of caregivers look bad due to the selfishness of the few.

Um yea.

:excl:

Yep.

As a community we needed to make the system more accessible.Unfortunately, most the leaders who started compassion clubs got greedy and became dispensaries. It hurt because it took out a key link to accessibility, ease, and comfortable situations.

I get it.

:drinking-coffee:

This should be posted often;

For those that know me, that is the one thing I hated Joe Cain for. Completely abandoning the compassion club model so he could sell pot and make money.

sigh'

And he was just Joey Come Lately in the second wave of parasites. The first ones were more insidious and had the plan to convert from cc's to dispensaries before there were even forms to fill out. 

Yea.

One of your favorites from that club lives up here by me now on a rez. Ran into him at a Abrogate Michigan event here. Heh.

(the less 'famous' one)

He was the lesser of the two evils. He fessed up about the plan in an email and I went public with it. That was the end of the first wave of parasites and left the situation in limbo until Joe came in to take over with it. 

He was the lesser of the two evils. He fessed up about the plan in an email and I went public with it. That was the end of the first wave of parasites and left the situation in limbo until Joe came in to take over with it.

They didn't fool me. But they sure did conjure a groundswell of greed.

Oh and, Vote every fknrepublican out of office. Nov 8 2016

Edited by beourbud

She scraped together and had bought a tent and one 2 bulb t5 light, some regular potting mix and a 3 part fertilizer..needless to say she knows she was not going to get much of anything from her grow.

With a little practice that set up should be able to produce enough for one patient, assuming she doesn't need quantities for oil production. They aren't going to be High Times centerfold buds but should do the job for an average user.

This subject is obviously of great concern to readers, almost 4,100 views in less than 2 wks.

If even half that many had written their objections to legislators about 4209 maybe we could have swayed them... sigh, probably not.

They say I'm a dreamer :)

If we all would have sent letters with hundred dollar bills in the envelopes we might have gotten some results.

Them are bad, man It took me over a yr to get out of the pay day loan scam, 70 some bucks a month to borrow 600 bucks!

I just paid off a credit card that was charging me 8 bucks a month to have, 12 bucks a month for yearly charge and 36% interest!  Man im so glad I got that one paid off and gone!

That is the kind of credit some one gets that fights for 8 yrs to get ssdi!

They dont let them loan to military personel!  its all about keeping the poor poor!

I have one more credit card I pay to much interest on, it will be paid off by end of oct!

and from now on if I cant pay cash for something I dont need it!

Peace

i tried to explain this to my wife...she just dont understand how interest works, making steady 50-60 dollar payments, and getting pissed when the next months bill comes along and its the same balance it was last month.

With a little practice that set up should be able to produce enough for one patient, assuming she doesn't need quantities for oil production. They aren't going to be High Times centerfold buds but should do the job for an average user.

in reality, she needs about a half oz a week. I dont see a single 2ft 2bulb t5 meeting those expectations, however that t5 for veg, coupled with a 150 watt or 250 watt hps, with a perpetual sog style grow, would no doubt cover her needs for practically nothing. This is the style i will be teaching her.