Will Caregivers Still Be Needed

nvinson105

I apologize if my comments offended anyone.  It was not meant as a blanket attack on folks on disability, especially patients.  It was aimed squarely at those abusing the system and abusing patients.

This thread went way off track for me after trying to honestly answer a question.  I explained my take on the 'business' model as it exists as best as I understand it.  This was not in relation to people caring for sick loved ones.  For compensating patients for the value of their license, I was called a pimp.  A f#cking pimp!  I was compared to someone who abuses women and enslaves children for a living.  I guess I should have considered the source and just walked away.

sorry if I offended you too. notice the first words in my post though, no judgments here I think they were. just callin it as I see it. I've known real life "pimps" when I was a kid. It definitely wasnt the way the television showed it, but I bet there are all kinds of pimps. those pimps were loved by their girls, and by most of the people around them. When I was working for other people I felt like I was being "pimped" for my body or mind labor daily.  when I find a poor patient taking advantage of my super low costs and reselling, I feel pimped too.

peace

What you see here is the results of braggers that tell fiction stories about their imaginary caregiver business. Just lying they arses off day in day out about how great they are and their business. It aint all that. 

You can make a few bucks with 5patients.  That is likely less than 5% of CG's.

And I mean FEW unless you found some unicorns.

IMO, the average cg has 1.8 patients and makes enough money to cover the costs of growing their own medicine because they are simply a patient trying to pay their electric bill and are growing a little more than they need.

After 8 years, yup that's it. And it gets harder every day that goes by. We don't get a raise ever. But costs keep rising. 

After 8 years, yup that's it. And it gets harder every day that goes by. We don't get a raise ever. But costs keep rising. 

I don't know a single caregiver charging more than $200/oz, most are about $150 to patients. Most patients get 1 oz or less a month.  We all know the costs, time and work....  Grade school math at this point.

I saw this developing early on in the market days in 2008 and 2009. I've posted lots about it, fought about the legalities of such sales, and made some unsavory trolls of it. 

Patients were groomed to take free meds, and cg's would sell at a table to anyone walking by, still happens today. Those patients fortunately get free meds often, at the expense of a caregiver's criminal risks. 

Those guys that are/were selling are the OP's Original Pimps imo.

I am an awesome grower, an awesome caregiver too. I dont keep five patients ever, I dont grow max amounts of plants, and I dont sell outside of my registry. I do provide much free meds monthly to my patients, none who are related to me, or anyone I've known until they contacted me. I dont pimp anybody for plants to sell, but will admit I do and have pimped patient with free supply in trade of their plant numbers so I could grow out/breed/select from a run. They wee well aware of the arrangement, and it was a win win every time. I am very generous. I am able to cover my garden bills most of the time,  but will never recoup my initial investments.

Last wknd I hosted a young lady who is new to Mi mj.

She wanted the experience of shopping at dispensaries, so I assisted her.

We visited 2 local farmers markets and 2 retail shops.

Both of us forgot our loupes and were unable to examine the flowers b4 purchase.

She called me after scoping her buds to let me know that they had no trichomes!

At that point I reinterated as to why I do not support the dispensaries.

They tumble off the medicine from the plant matter, sell the flowers at avg. $15g

THEN... sell the kief (the medicine) back to said patients @ avg $25g.

I have found this at every dispensary I've visited since I started scoping the flowers.

Dispensary lobby does not look to enhance patients with compassion and safe access...

they are looking to fleece patients and make big bank in the process.

I get out and about A LOT and base my comments and opinions upon what I experience personally only.

Anyone who thinks that these dispensaries have patients best interests in mind, really need to get out more IMO.

Oh... another thing... customer service is paramount to me in any industry.  Poor customer service will

result in me taking my business else where. 

Out of 4 places we visited... 1 yes... only 1 had knowledgeable/ very helpful bud tenders.  This is not my first

experience with poor CS at dispensaries... sadly it's the norm.  IME

This last shop carries meds from local CG's for an fyi.  Some of which I know personally.

Sadly though,  these buds were also kiefed :(

devils advocate=  maybe the (some)  cg's  illegally supplying the dispensaries tumble,  and selling them kief too.

(not my first guess, but a possibility of some)

The patients and cg's that support the caregiver/homegrown/patient model...... I would expect them to fully support it exclusively if they can.

Most patients and caregivers could give a holy hell less if dispensaries exist.  The problems lie elsewhere.  At what cost? At what harm? etc.

who supports the rows of dispensaries operating today?

I dont care if they exist but some would be bummed when they/ patients needing a gram or two might be disappointed with the- cg system especially now that they cant supply

a dispensary themselves.

The dispensary groups have actually convinced the state that 80-90% of patients will regularly use a dispensary and that is what the taxes are based off of!!!!!!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!....

In Arizona where only 1.5% of patients are even allowed to grow, only 35% use dispensaries regularly.

While that is a possibility grass... me thinks it's not probable for the CG's to be tumbling prior to supplying.

Those I know personally would not even contemplate such a thing.

When 4 different strains were purchased at the same shop and ALL were tumbled,

it's probable in my mind that the store is culpable for this, not the CG's.

Mal, as you know... we have many shops here in the cap city.

Never do I see an empty parking lot unless the store is closed.

The place that had good customer service had non stop customers,

lined up 5 - 15 deep the entire 1.5 hrs we were there.

just saying...

Some folks like the ability to use a store front... I tend to agree that they should have them.

NOT IN LIEU OF PATIENTS RIGHT TO HOME GROW.  NO, I can't abide by that.