Clones And Mites From Cl

Morhawk

true enough, but have you ever heard of the many branded silver sprays? thats whats used. Breeders can fertilize in one weekend which results in potentially thousands of commercial seeds for sale depending on their breeding room capacity. This is well known and practiced by breeders for a long time. clone only is a joke, used to raise prices of "clone only cuts". Have you noticed every clone only of the past is now available in seed, only took one breeder to do it.  with a few ways to get to seeds this has been a joke among growers for awhile.  Sure, someone can claim a special one off clone, sell it for 20k to a breeder, and he makes lots of crosses, sound familiar, then he sells a clone, someone steals a clone, whatever, and voila! seed galore, no more clone only. easy peasy.

this must be why my recent acquisition of a supposed sour diesel, spits out real hermaphrodite pollen sacks around weeks 2 and weeks 4, not just in my garden...and looks/smells/tastes nothing like the sour diesel i had in 2009. Ill leave it at that.

this must be why my recent acquisition of a supposed sour diesel, spits out real hermaphrodite pollen sacks around weeks 2 and weeks 4, not just in my garden...and looks/smells/tastes nothing like the sour diesel i had in 2009. Ill leave it at that.

yep, thats why, but in the long haul, how would anyone know what genetic strain they have today? none, or clone to none of these mentioned are land races. I hear ya, but before we have affordable genetic screening its all in the air. I myself buy fem seeds most often, I dont breed very often, when I do I dont use the fem'd, unless I self myself. I only experienced bad bananas one time since 2008, a cali connect tahoe og. I "reversed "it once and clone from a clone since then for a stellar run.

breeders have all kinds of tricks to accomplish seeds, some good, some bad. Like when I let my flower(a single bud on a plant, go past due date and collect pollen I've always had fem seeds and NO hermies. If I flick lights and torture a plant to produce pollen9male) then surely troubling it in flower with the same prods might hermie it, but I dont do that, I bet some breeders do though unfortunately. I've late flowered for seeds, and also used silver spray, never had a hermie from those seeds. After growing out several(thousands??) I suspect breeders choose the geno/pheno that pleases them, the one sharing the most traits they seek, and do the same. This one they chose could very well be leaning towards any side of the spectrum, or spot on to the donors in my experience just like when  breeding a male and female species

your recent acquisition could be a fraud, a bad seed produced by a grower bud passing them along, etc. I run sour diesel too and never a hermie, even when my lights have been switched recently, no issues at all. Theres a few breeders that really do their job well, some carry the sd, I suggest getting seeds from a reputable breeder with a long track record. btw, sorry about your bad seed, better luck next time.

Edited by trichcycler

I believe the epidemic of real hermaphrodite genetics has a direct correlation to feminised seeds. My 02. I dont buy them, this was a sour diesel feminised order from bcn i think. There is a huge difference between a plant throwing nanners from stress, even a tiny bit, than one growing sacs full of nanners. I will never use one of these "nanners" to produce seeds, i believe that is a problem and unethical from a genetic preservation stand point, just another reason why i dont order from any commercial breeders.

I believe the epidemic of real hermaphrodite genetics has a direct correlation to feminised seeds. My 02. I dont buy them, this was a sour diesel feminised order from bcn i think. There is a huge difference between a plant throwing nanners from stress, even a tiny bit, than one growing sacs full of nanners. I will never use one of these "nanners" to produce seeds, i believe that is a problem and unethical from a genetic preservation stand point, just another reason why i dont order from any commercial breeders.

so theres no misunderstanding I have never used hermaphordite expressing plants to make seeds. The late flower plant that shows little yellow fingers is not a hermaphrodite, and that pollen does not result in a hermaphrodite offspring, unless the original donor has hermaphrodite tendencies.

using hermie sacks for pollen is a crap shoot, prolly done early on in the industry for lack of knowledge. Even the guru bible thought that putting seeds under red light could actually change the chromosomes  to make female seeds -  phhht  he knows better now, I've chatted with cervantes in the past, he says thats what he was told by trustworthy sources. 

I've made alot of seeds in my garden from those yellow fingers and have never seen any anomalies develop. I know some growers who think that most genetics are hermied too, as this is their experience in their garden. Me, I've had one, and that was a blueberry I see in my history notes, of hundreds and hundreds of sampled genetics over the years. Every plant I've grown has been awesome representation except two. ak48 and superlemon haze. I had no use for these, and nobody else did either in my registry. I would have corrected Blueberry had I enjoyed the effects.

A female plant expressing male sacks can be corrected with one application of the plant lipid product "Reverse" I did it to a tahoe years ago, still rockin it each week, never used revers again, I did just recently gift a squirt to a member here.   Side effects include ridiculously swelled calyx. fyi, in case you have issues again.

Parthogenesis, is happening now, with mice, plants, humans perhaps too.

we've got a myriad of vegetable and fruit bred this way I think for a long time.

I totally et where you're coming from of course, but technology will surpass us old timers in this arena no doubt.

there was a time when all kinds of misconceptions were ON in the cannabis community, still are.

happy growing!!

peace

• 4 months later...