All 3 Bill Signed By The Gov

free420country

to do the youtube video, use the youtube.com link

also jamie was talking about patients who were getting marijuana from people on the corners. not caregivers. in this case it sounds like he was saying dispensaries were better (and could replace) the drug dealers on the corners or the sketchy craigslist type deals.

since all dispensaries are run or employ caregivers and get their overages from caregivers , i'm pretty sure jamie, even if he was misguided in his support of the dispensary bill in 2013, did not want to affect the caregivers in any way. i think his original ASA bill even said the dispensaries would buy from caregivers by law. this was on purpose because its what is happening now and what is happening 5 years ago and strengthens the caregiver system.

but whatever. 0660 was gonna get rid of caregivers too. still waiting on that one.

Doesn't matter how Jamie fudged his wording around to make dispensaries sound good.

What matters is that the dispensary bill was sold to the lawmakers, and law enforcement, by it's sponsor, as the first step in ending home growing. Period. He said it on record for anyone paying attention to hear. That's how it was prettied up and sold. 

You can't twist it around. It's clear as day.

So then a person who has the control over their own thinking has to ask themselves two questions;

1.Do I want to end home growing?

2. Why would anyone want to endorse the first step to ending home growing?

to do the youtube video, use the youtube.com link

Yea... for some reason it was being tweaky.  Do you still tag with "media"?

also jamie was talking about patients who were getting marijuana from people on the corners. not caregivers. in this case it sounds like he was saying dispensaries were better (and could replace) the drug dealers on the corners or the sketchy craigslist type deals.

Its a context and dog whistle issue. Added with ignorance, unintended consequences and unforeseen circumstances to the blindered.

since all dispensaries are run or employ caregivers and get their overages from caregivers ,

That is probably more true today than previously. We know how it was previously.

i'm pretty sure jamie, even if he was misguided in his support of the dispensary bill in 2013, did not want to affect the caregivers in any way.

i think his original ASA bill even said the dispensaries would buy from caregivers by law.

Exactly my point. Delusional, clueless fuktard.  Not sure if it is all intentional or unintentional; for keeping good face, thinking he can have his cake and eat it too? That I cannot be certain of.  But what I do know, is he supports and runs a state chapter of a national group that believes it is dangerous to grow marijuana in a home and marijuana should be tested and sold "safely" at dispensaries. I been dealing with Americans for safe access since they started in California. ASA would go to city hall meetings and ask them to shutdown or overly regulate growing and allow "safe access" instead at their dispensary interests locations.

"Safe access" infers everything else isn't. Total dog whistle.  I don't like it and helped friends in California fight against ASA at their city hall meetings. Shortly after that, they latched onto the AIDS dispensaries in Frisco and used them as their means to the end. *shrug*  All factual.

Now Jamie runs their org in Michigan(last I knew), and claims it is different.  Well, wolf-sheeps clothing etc.  Is Jamie ignorantly supporting them because they let him think it matters what he thinks,  or does he actually believe we MUST have commercial? He knows it will come at a cost, was he delusional to think the Shangri-La he pictured in his head was even possible?

I dunno.

ASA would go to city hall meetings and ask them to shutdown or overly regulate growing and allow "safe access" instead at their dispensary interests locations.

this is disheartening, while not news to me at this time, it was when it was first found out. I wish so  so many wouldnt miss these points while they pledge support for these types of "cannabis advocates" . Seems like to to me the majority of "advocates" are full of dispensary interests. :ph34r:

Edited by trichcycler

i'm pretty sure jamie, even if he was misguided in his support of the dispensary bill in 2013,

This bill that just passed is actually still Jamies bill he put forward through his group MACC earlier than 2013. Exact same bill.  Jamie just swam like a rat from a sinking ship and left the rest of us to clean up his mess and try to defer as much damage as possible from what he started and supported for years.  He put a lot of money and work into it.

But yes,... same bill. This is just what most of us knew would happen to it. It is actually not as bad as I thought it would be to tell the truth... Hahaha...

http://marijuanapatients.org/billionaire-trucking-mogul-hijacks-michigan-medical-marijuana-act/

Billionaire Trucking Mogul Hijacks Michigan Medical Marijuana Act

In 2008, the State of Michigan enacted the most protective and liberal medical cannabis law in the nation. The progressive law offered patients and providers near absolute immunity from arrest.

However judges, prosecutors and police, unwilling to give up control and revenue, steered the law elsewhere. These three groups, the Axis Powers, knowingly and purposely sidestepped the will of 63% of Michigan voters. Today, you are more likely to be charged with a marijuana offense in Michigan than before passage of the 2008 ballot initiative. As Carl Levin said, “you make the law and I’ll make the policy and I’ll win every time”.

Like slavery, any industry will do anything to protect itself. Truly a police state. Even one that can intimidate the legislature.

Recent legislation in front of the Michigan legislature attempts to curb the bad actions of the triad by providing good steps forward in allowing patients to get their medication and suppliers to supply it without the fear of arrest. The one blaring exception to moving forward with the proposed legislative fixes is that every time the product is moved closer to market it would require an armored truck for shipping the seed to farm, farm to storage, storage to test facility, testing to packaging, then off to the retail store (Pharmacy).

This armored transportation component added by State Senator Steve Bieda is projected to increase medication costs to the consumer by as much as 70% and will most likely drive the business back underground. And to top it off, this armored transportation is said to be reserved for one single company.

Senator Bieda says it’s a security issue. “You have to be concerned about the security of, it’s almost like an armored truck (is required) when you think of the value of the items being transported. It’s possible people transporting the product could be targets for robbery.”

The only robbers to date has been the Axis Powers.

Not surprising to some, Bieda’s largest corporate citizen within his senate district is CenTra Inc, the billion dollar trucking company owned by billionaire Matty Maroun. It is suggested that Mr. Maroun’s trucking company, which also has a monopoly on the bridge to Canada, would benefit from this unnecessary component to the statute and enjoy total distribution control over the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.

Michigan patients cannot afford to pay more for their medicine. Senator Bieda should not be pushing monopolistic schemes that drive up prices but instead remembering that his individual citizens come first.

Urge your state leaders to remove Mr Bieda’s monopolistic (armor car) fix to a problem that does not exist.

Edited by cristinew

Yeah asa sucks in other states.

the question is, do you want jamie running asa in Michigan, or some other cun- gentleman to run the chapter? because if it's not him, it would be someone else.

Just look at robin schnieder and npra...

Maybe someone who's not such a liar? Like that legislator that gave it to us straight, a vote for dispensaries is a vote against home grows. Jamie was never that honest. It's been there right in his face for a long time but he never leveled with us. Just kept shading the issue. Pretending to not have heard it for him self. I think once he said that the legislator didn't really mean it. Lame.

Edited by Restorium2

A few bad apples, were any of those people dispensary owners? Yes, Jamie Lowell, 3rd Coast Compassion Center in Ypsilanti.

All the dispensaries I went to bought from caregivers. So? How does that effect me?

i  thought you'd never been in one?  I've been to several but haven't been impressed. They've always been a couple of twenty somethings behind the counter with six to ten overpriced varieties and maybe a couple of edibles which may or may not have any effect ranging in price from $10 to $20 a pop.

How can you judge if you've never met the people or know not where there products come from? I can read and understand what they write and the words that come out of their mouths.

Sounds like you just jumped on the bus of hate. I don't hate anyone unless they somehow infringe on my rights.

Just because there are a few cases doesn't mean that they were all or even many were like that. No, but the one's who introduce all this f'd up legislation are.

Sorry if I don't judge a whole group from a few peoples words. No problem, after all some of the Manson Family were probably real nice people once you got to know them.

By the way, the "mom and pop" dispensaries you referred to, are those the one's that will be out of business shortly because of the new licensing requirements and fees?

As I've said before, I don't care one way or the other whether dispensaries exist or not. If one wishes to patronize them that is their free choice. But what would be the value of me supporting a cause that doesn't matter to me?

Should I beat my head against the wall because someone's money making scheme isn't working out the way they thought it would?

But what would be the value of me supporting a cause that doesn't matter to me?

maybe a cause can benefit humanity, or even someone close to you, that would be reason to support a cause, even if it makes no difference, this day, to you. just sayin.  I can see other persons needs also, and I know you can too, even though our needs may differ.

But it caused harm to the MMMAct, patients and caregivers.

So, we are forced to care. And since it was causing harm, we fight against those whose actions caused or are causing harm.

At what cost?

thats true, but :"

But what would be the value of me supporting a cause that doesn't matter to me?

" there are other causes than medical marijuana ya know, :P

• 4 weeks later...

By the way, the "mom and pop" dispensaries you referred to, are those the one's that will be out of business shortly because of the new licensing requirements and fees?

As I've said before, I don't care one way or the other whether dispensaries exist or not. If one wishes to patronize them that is their free choice. But what would be the value of me supporting a cause that doesn't matter to me?

Should I beat my head against the wall because someone's money making scheme isn't working out the way they thought it would?

Yep, Ma and Pa dispensaries are the ones that were buying from caregivers and had certain prices which will now go thru the roof with the new licensing fees, grow fees, transport fees, etc. because no one stood up for patients ability to choose. 

Right, what was the sense in 60% supporting the MMMA if it wasn't going to do them any good?  What's the sense in anyone standing up for anyone if it doesn't benefit them at the moment.

So all this is from what one person wrote?  You're judging them all over one dispensary owner?  You threw every patient who goes to a dispensary under the bus from what one person wrote?

As I said before, the cops are telegraphing their moves.  Now that the dispensaries see CG's as competition rather than supply, the divide and conquer will be complete and the cops can phase out cg's now. That's why you guys should've supported the original bills.  Cause now we're fuked.

But it caused harm to the MMMAct, patients and caregivers.

So, we are forced to care. And since it was causing harm, we fight against those whose actions caused or are causing harm.

At what cost?

No, it caused harm to the MMMActpatient and cg's that YOU support, it helped other patients and cg's that you DON'T support.  The cost will be all the cg's eventually.