Puzzled... From The Front Door Of The School House To The Front Door

pic book

residence is 375 yards.  From the front door of the school house to the house's back chain link is 1531 yards. The distance from the edge of the schools property to the edge of the house's property line is 120 yards and across the street. Where does measuring for a sufficient distance between house and school begin?

residence is 375 yards.  From the front door of the school house to the house's back chain link is 1531 yards. The distance from the edge of the schools property to the edge of the house's property line is 120 yards and across the street. Where does measuring for a sufficient distance between house and school begin?

be careful, if the property isnt owned or rented by the grower......there could be issues.

is this the poopy basement  grow space house?

To make it even more confusing, there are other ways to do it.  I do not have the links, but over the last few week there has been a big dust up with the Warren City council and mayor over this issue and mj.   The council passed an ordinance with the measure being from "mj structure" to "residential structure" not property line or fence line.  The mayor vetoed it and then the council over rode is veto, sort of. 

Property rules and distances general start at the property line for zoning. So if you have a grow on a parcel the whole parcel is the grow, right up to the property line, not from the building the grow is in. If someone told me different than that I wouldn't trust it. It would be wishful thinking to believe otherwise in the context of growing cannabis.

1000ft school zones dont apply to patients and caregivers (at the state and local levels, federally its illegal)

usually they do diagonal (bird flies) from property line to property line. not fence to property line.

I dont beleive it is as the crow fly's,  it has to be measured on the side walk or street, and yes it dont apply to c.g and pt growers, dont ask dont tell,,,,loose lips sink ships!  keep the smell to a minimum and you wont have a problem!  (fingers crossed for you)

Peace

Take this as mediocre advice.

A few years ago when I lived in a small town and was concerned about growing within 1000 feet of a school, my research lead me to conclude that the 1000-foot drug free zone around schools applied property line to property line. I don't remember any of the resources I used to come to this conclusion. Using a google maps measurement, I found that the corner of my property was 997 feet from the corner of the parking lot for a private catholic school. And I concluded that I was within 1000 feet of the school according to law.