Colorado Weed Is Now A Behemoth With A $2.4 Billion Economic Impact

zaphod

Report: Colorado weed is now a behemoth with a $2.4 billion economic impact

>>Colorado’s burgeoning legal marijuana industry has quickly made gains on the state’s largest industries — including the mighty oil-and-gas sector — and contributed an economic impact of $2.39 billion in 2015, according to research released Tuesday.

The cannabis industry, the fastest-growing business sector in the state, also is credited with funding 18,005 direct and ancillary full-time jobs in 2015, according to the report from the Marijuana Policy Group, a Denver-based economic and market research firm that consults with businesses and governments on marijuana policy.<<

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/26/colorado-weed-economic-impact-report/

Read the full story at thecannabist.co.

I wonder if this number may not even be reported properly and if it's undershooting what is actually happening, since cannabis is still just a cash-only transaction and dispensaries and organizations that provide cannabis are not allowed to keep their money in traditional banks.

There was a great episode of Weediquette on Viceland that talked about how companies have to keep their money in private vaults and use armed ex-military to transport their cash between the dispensaries and the vaults.

colorado cant use the banks still?

In michigan they are going to let the comm side use the banking system right?

How can colorado pay that much in income tax and not be able to use the banking system,,,,I bet a lot of young people would max out their credit cards for mj!

I most likely would have maxed out a cc or 2 if it was legal to buy when I was younger,,,,but than again a nickle bag only cost 5 bucks and it was like a 1/2, lids were 10 and they measured the amount by fingers, a lid was 4 fingers and nickle was 2 fingers, I wonder how they measured lb's, with feet lol!

Peace

colorado cant use the banks still?

In michigan they are going to let the comm side use the banking system right?

How can colorado pay that much in income tax and not be able to use the banking system

Peace

Nope, no banks and yes you better pay your taxes. In cash of course. On the bright side 7-11's now accept cash payments for the IRS, true story. Of course they limit you to paying only $1000 a day so that could be a part time job all by itself.

I wonder if this number may not even be reported properly and if it's undershooting what is actually happening, since cannabis is still just a cash-only transaction and dispensaries and organizations that provide cannabis are not allowed to keep their money in traditional banks.

There was a great episode of Weediquette on Viceland that talked about how companies have to keep their money in private vaults and use armed ex-military to transport their cash between the dispensaries and the vaults.

i think it is probably even more than what is show in these reports, then you also still have the black market alive and well here also.

Welcome to the threads ! I saw that, wow, is all I can say, no wonder the anti's are all over this.

Edited by trichcycler

Welcome to the threads ! I saw that, wow, is all I can say, no wonder the anti's are all over this.

Appreciate the welcome! I've been on the forum for a few months now, reading posts and trying to figure out how best to welcome my new life as a medical cannabis user.  

After getting two discs in my back fused with four screws, two rods, and a spacer, along with a neck that's lost its curve and three discs buldging there, the pain doctors have all but abandoned me due to the government's laws on pain meds.  I'm glad we're at least in a state that somewhat follows the medical law guidelines, but i really wish we could get to Colorado's level. A friend recently got a job out there and moved across the country to be able to smoke in peace.

Appreciate the welcome! I've been on the forum for a few months now, reading posts and trying to figure out how best to welcome my new life as a medical cannabis user.  

After getting two discs in my back fused with four screws, two rods, and a spacer, along with a neck that's lost its curve and three discs buldging there, the pain doctors have all but abandoned me due to the government's laws on pain meds.  I'm glad we're at least in a state that somewhat follows the medical law guidelines, but i really wish we could get to Colorado's level. A friend recently got a job out there and moved across the country to be able to smoke in peace.

Welcome.

I'm sorry to hear of your suffering and hope you find relief with cannabis.

I personally do not want the Colorado model in MI.  Looks like it's coming anyway, sigh.