I Accept The Vote Out Come! What Say You!

yeah, well, whats so bad about being racist anyway? heh

In addition to causing suffering for innocent people you also miss out on many of the best things in life. You don't get to expose yourself to the best in other cultures because you're afraid of them.

Your life is two dimensional, not getting the full picture, only what can be filtered through your pre-conception filter.

I grew up white in a majority black area in Detroit. On the first day of high school my best friend was beaten so badly his retina detached. That happened because he made the mistake of walking out the "black" door not the "white" one. Racists come in all colors but underneath they're all the same, ignorant and vicious. Vicious because they think anything different from them is something to fear.

Fortunately people like these are the minority, no matter what the government and media wants you to believe. It's just another way to keep us fighting among ourselves so we don't fight our real enemy.

I have friends and family members of African descent, Asian, Middle Eastern and Indian. Their religions vary from Christian, Muslim, Buddhist and Hindu.

The way I see it my life has been richer because of being able to associate with so many different ideas and cultures.

Racists stick themselves in a sad lonely corner and end up the losers.

Am I the only one wondering if we are going to see widespread federal enforcement against dispensaries in Michigan starting about 1/21/17?

You have to wonder about all of the federal agents in Michigan attached to multi-jurisdictional drug squads. (Like FANG, TNT etc.). Their hands have been tied since the Odgen memo. But you can be sure the DEA has volumes of information on people and businesses in Michigan that they haven't acted on. If the new AG encourages MMJ busts, a lot of people in Michigan are in for a terrible surprise.

Am I the only one wondering if we are going to see widespread federal enforcement against dispensaries in Michigan starting about 1/21/17?

You have to wonder about all of the federal agents in Michigan attached to multi-jurisdictional drug squads. (Like FANG, TNT etc.). Their hands have been tied since the Odgen memo. But you can be sure the DEA has volumes of information on people and businesses in Michigan that they haven't acted on. If the new AG encourages MMJ busts, a lot of people in Michigan are in for a terrible surprise.

They already were sueing Obama to arrest us. What's to stop them? It's their prize for supporting Trump. It's what they said they wanted. Even made a bill to force Obama to arrest us. Now they run the attorney general's office. Trump wouldn't have appointed Sessions if he liked marijuana at all. Sessions is against State's rights on marijuana. He said it so many times and many ways. 

flower all the dispensaries that were against legalization then. really. thats what it comes down to.

and the dispensaries that understand legalization or even decriminalization is good, then i suggest those dispensaries take a vacation and wait until we see what happens in january. switch to delivery only for a few months lol

Edited by bax

The irony of it is we understand that those who fuucked us over, turned their backs for what ever misguided reason, voting for Trump, are going to get sick too and need some medical marijuana. So we have to deal with that. You can keep your vote to yourself but don't try to make it seem like a vote for Trump didn't fuuck us over for a generation. None of us will forget that in this lifetime.

I think you are wrong. The sky is not falling, you will still be ok in Jan.

Does Donald Trump Support Marijuana Legalization? 1

BY TWB ON NOVEMBER 13, 2016 MARIJUANA NEWS

As with figuring out his stance on anything, it’s difficult to nail down exactly whether or not Donald Trump supports marijuana legalization. Not only are there a plethora of contradicting statements, but deciphering the context of his statements adds another layer to wade through.

With legalization becoming more of a bipartisan issue – especially after eight out of nine states passing new marijuana policies in November 2016 – and with Congress allowing medical marijuana to be prescribed to veterans, the likelihood of the president-elect dismantling the state laws already enacted seems incredibly unlikely.

The Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) recently released their grade for every presidential candidate. Here’s what they had to say: MPP Grade: C+

Does Donald Trump Support Marijuana Legalization?

Where does he stand?

About a year ago, Trump softened his stance on marijuana legalization at rally in Nevada. “In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state,” Trump said to The Washington Post.

(Just a reminder that Nevada was one of the nine states with marijuana legalization on the ballot on November 8, 2016. They passed recreational marijuana use for those years 21+ into law.)

But Trump has made multiple stances before his speech in Nevada. He also more recently he has said he opposes legalizing and regulating marijuana for adult use. He’s also stated that he supports legal access to medical marijuana, and he believes states should be able to set their own marijuana policies with regard to adult use.

What has he said?

“In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state. … Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states.” Washington Post, October 29, 2015

“I’d say [regulating marijuana]it;s bad. Medical marijuana is another thing, but I think it’s bad and I feel strongly about that. [Moderator: “What about the states’ right aspect of it?”] If they vote for it, they vote for it… But I think, medical marijuana, 100%.” C-SPAN, June 23, 2015

In 1990, Trump said he favored legalizing all drugs, “We’re losing badly the War on Drugs. You have to legalize drugs to win that war. You have to take the profit away from these drug czars.” Miami Herald, April 14, 1990.

Overall, we can expect marijuana laws established by the states to remain in tact regardless of the outcome of the election. However, expansion of fight for legalization is really going to come down to each state ballot with initiatives for medical or full recreational access. As with the legalization of gay marriage, we see that if more and more states come into the fold, the fight for federal legalization will gain unstoppable momentum.

I think you are wrong. The sky is not falling, you will still be ok in Jan.

I hope you are right. But how could you be when Sessions is going to be AG? Did you watch the video? 'Good people don't smoke marijuana' I'm going to be fine in Jan., no doubt. But how Sessions will act is not too hard to predict. No sky falling. But bad policy ahead for sure. The guy is a wack job hater. Nothing good will come from Sessions when it comes to marijuana. 

Correct me if i am wrong but in order for the feds to prosecute anyone in a med cannabis state then congress would have to change the budget.

they made it a no no to use federal funds to persecute anyone in a cannabis approved state...so the AG doesn't have the budget legally...no matter what their name is or their stance on medical grade cannabis useage.

Of course...that's easy enough to fix in a Republican run congress...house and Senate both...and now the white house too...so budget issues could likely be easily rewritten...

Sigh'

The Ogden/Cole memos were simply Obama getting his AG to not focus on legal patients etc. and that they should use that money for prosecution of other crimes.

Those "recommendations" mean NOTHING.  Jeff Sessions is in control of that now(well in 2 months).  No need for an extra penny of funding. He just states a position and encourages enforcement(like I said a few times). They already have billions of dollars in the budget for it.

Most laws will stay in place via the states law and enforcement will be done federally.  The issue here is that the Government can force states to not participate in licensing and such. The state doesn't need to enforce anything, they just may not be able to participate and encourage criminal organizations and such.  They can also go after physicians for doing more than simply using their first amendment rights to recommend marijuana.  When states require physicians to go further because of bona fide relationships and actually participate in known abuse of marijuana, they could lose their DEA licenses.  And there are many other ways.  With the loss of Scalia on the Supreme Court, a supporter of doctors first amendment rights, and the fact Obama didn't get his SC appointment, could leave the court in a dangerous position to hose us in the future. Also, republicans plan to go after liberal justices that Obama appointed and to overrun the courts with very law and order focused judges,... like Jefferson Beauregard Sessions.  ;-)

In otherwords, this has very little to do with Trump except for appointing Sessions.  Trump cant change the law, but he can change enforcement recommendations.

So,... we will see.  But it isn't overly promising to say the least.

Like I said, I hope for the best, but the drug war and republicans go hand in hand

During a Senate hearing earlier this year, Sessions spoke out against marijuana and urged the federal government to send the message to the public that “good people don’t smoke marijuana.” He went on to say that “we need grown-ups in Washington to say marijuana is not the kind of thing that ought to be legalized” and blasted Obama’s stance on the issue. He called the legalization of marijuana “a mistake” last year. 

you are correct. no amount of memo changes federal law, which has stated that all of the medical marijuana states are immune from DOJ meddling.

that is a rider which has to be re-approved each year though...

Yea. No action it is just gone next year.  Only like 15 Republicans have to change their position. ick.

I too have a few misgivings about the people Trump is aligning himself with, out of my control, big sigh!! I can only hope that the few Republicans in US Congress that have shown some leeway in medical marihauna( it only took a family member to get ill to get a few on board) federal enforcement will fight against such a far right wing attorney general, I have a feeling that Trump scares some of the repugs too. What makes these people so flipping mean inside themselves?????? They claim Christianity as their guide, but they are reading a completely different Bible than I have been reading most of my life,lack of humanity and compassion must be a prerequisite to running for office in the Repugnant, I mean, Republican Party, I do not know how these types of people can call themselves Christians and keep a straight face. As a child we used to sing "Jesus loves all the little children........" Guess after you turn 18 you are no longer loved by Jesus in the Republican bible. 

My rant for the day,

Farmer Brown

An optimistic article from Rohrbacher:

Rep. Rohrabacher optimistic on future of cannabis under Trump

California Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher is one of the marijuana industry’s staunchest allies in the U.S. House of Representatives, and while many in the cannabis trade may be fretting about the future, Rohrabacher predicted that the incoming administration of President-elect Donald Trump will leave industry oversight to the states.

That extends to Trump’s pick of Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions for attorney general, who is on the record as a cannabis opponent.

“This president has made clear that he believes in a states’ rights approach to marijuana,” Rohrabacher said Friday in a phone interview with Marijuana Business Daily. “And if the president is in favor of a states’ rights approach to marijuana, I am certain that Jeff Sessions, being a man of high integrity, will not be undermining his president’s position and (will) be enforcing what Trump wants rather than what Sessions has done in the past.”

Sessions is a constitutionalist, Rohrabacher said, and as such, Sessions’ approach to running the U.S. Department of Justice likely will be to leave local law enforcement to the states instead of, for example, using the Drug Enforcement Administration to target state-licensed cannabis businesses.

Rohrabacher said it’s possible he may be leaving the House, because he’s in the running to be appointed secretary of state by Trump. But even if Rohrabacher leaves, he’ll make sure the cannabis industry still has allies in Congress.

“If I leave, I’ll be leaving several of my Republican colleagues the responsibility of following through on what we started,” he said.”Thomas Massie of Kentucky will probably be the guy leading the show if I’m gone.”

3 Reasons Why Trump Might Hesitate to Go After Legal Pot

There's a lot of worry that the incoming president will try to reinstate reefer madness in states where pot is already legal.

The election of Donald Trump is sending chills down the spine of the nation's nascent marijuana industry. Could he and a Republican Congress try to roll back the clock and force federal pot prohibition down the throats of states that have, via the popular vote, gone down the path toward legalization?

Marijuana remains illegal under federal law, and Trump and the Congress could, in theory, try to put the genie back in the bottle. Undoing a Justice Department memorandum and failing to renew laws that ban the Justice Department from interfering in pot-legal states could open the door to a renewed, regressive federal offensive on reefer.

But is that actually going to happen? I don't think so, and here are three reasons why.

1. The feds can roll back legal marijuana regulation and taxation, but they can't roll back legal marijuana.

The federal government could make it impossible for states to tax and regulate the marijuana industry and could theoretically drive the industry back underground by reversing the Obama administration's Cole memorandumbasically turning a blind federal eye to state-legal marijuana programs and by the Republican Congress refusing to extend laws that bar the use of federal funds to go after state-legal marijuana programs. But—and this is a huge but—the federal government cannot force the states to make marijuana illegal nor can it make them enforce federal marijuana prohibition.

Ponder what would happen if the feds clamped down on the states: The states could be enjoined or threatened into dismantling their marijuana regulation and taxation apparatuses, crippling marijuana businesses and hurting state coffers. But state laws allowing pot possession and personal cultivation would remain on the books. We would then have marijuana legalization without regulation or taxation, a real Wild West situation. And, of course, it would be up to the federal government to enforce federal marijuana laws in those states. The DEA doesn't have an army big enough to effectively do that.

Barring popular votes to overturn initiatives—not presidential diktats or congressional interference—marijuana is going to remain legal in the states that have voted for it, even if the feds try to go after pot businesses. And given that doing so would result in marijuana legalization without regulation, it seems unlikely that even the most dedicated drug warrior will want to go down that path.

2. Marijuana legalization is popular, more popular than Trump.

Legalization has won in every state where's it been on the ballot, with the exception this year of red-state Arizona, where a multi-million-dollar "no" campaign managed to barely defeat it. And it is an increasingly popular position nationwide, with public opinion polls the last couple of years consistently reporting majorities in favor. The latest Gallup poll, from October, has support at an all-time high of 60%, including 70% of independents, 67% of Democrats and even 42% of Republicans. Trump supporters undoubtedly include people who support marijuana legalization.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, didn't win a majority of the popular vote, even though he won the electoral college. According to the latest counts, he got 47.0% of the popular vote, while Hillary Clinton got 47.8%. Does a new president favored by less than half the voters want to take on an issue favored by well over half of them? Trump can choose where he expends his political capital, and if he chooses wisely, going after legal marijuana won't be a fight he picks.

3. Trump himself has said leave it to the states.

Okay, Trump said lots of things on the campaign trail, many of them contradictory. His positions are little more than sketches and he's hard to predict. But he has made clear statements about his position on marijuana legalization.

"I think it certainly has to be... a state decision," he told WWJ Newsradio 950 last March. "There seems to be certain health problems with it, and that would be certainly bothersome. I do like it... from a medical standpoint—it does do pretty good things. But from the other standpoint, I think that should be up to the states. Certainly, from a medical standpoint, a lot of people are liking it."

That position is precisely in line with the Obama administration's approach and would keep the status quo intact.

Trump is a teetotaler who has no use for alcohol, cigarettes or coffee, let alone marijuana, and he's shown an inclination to talk tough about drug dealers, but in the past—before he decided to run for president as a Republican—he also talked about how the war on drugs has failed and the only response is legalization. Don't expect Trump to emerge as the champion of drug legalization while in the White House, but do expect him to live up to his word on the campaign trail.

There has been much gnashing of teeth and rending of garments over the possibility that Trump will appoint a hardline anti-marijuana conservative as attorney general, and that an Attorney General Giuliani or Sessions could unleash the hounds of federal pot prohibition on the legal states. But attorneys general serve at the whim of their bosses, in this case, Trump. If Trump is not down with trying to restore federal pot prohibition in states that don't want it, his attorney general is not likely to go up against his boss.

This doesn't mean we should rest easy. There are gains to be defended and campaigns to be mounted to ensure that he doesn't try to interfere. Trump needs to know that he's in for a tough and futile battle if he goes after weed, but I suspect he knows that already, and he's got other battles to fight. 

I have this optimism thing going on that I cannot shake, and like to think that what we are seeing is a departure from institutionalized politics, and that we are moving closer to a genuine democratic option that represents the interests of a wider population than only the wealthy. The working class trumpkins are reported to have cast their ballots because of his empty rhetoric in that regard. A serious candidate who can articulate the same in a more progressive light, think Sanders and Warren, might do better in the future.

You are new here, or so it seems. Are you a cannabis advocate, someone who says and does things here, and in your everyday life, to promote cannabis rights? If so you are welcome. If not then you are not so welcome. If you are just a pretender causing trouble then don't expect to be treated well in the long run.

Wow unbelievable!