Lansing Home Grow Proposed Ordiance

dawngro

This is what I was looking for:

"If approved, the proposed home-based grow ordinance would require any home that uses more than 5,000 kilowatt hours of electricity -- intermittent or continuous -- to register with the city. Failure to register would be a civil infraction. The requirement, according to Bernero, would help the city track homes for safety reasons, including ones that use large amounts of electricity for marijuana growing."

"If approved, the proposed home-based grow ordinance would require any home that uses more than 5,000 kilowatt hours of electricity -- intermittent or continuous -- to register with the city. Failure to register would be a civil infraction. The requirement, according to Bernero, would help the city track homes for safety reasons, including ones that use large amounts of electricity for marijuana growing."

Time to switch to LED lights.

This could raise the ire of people who, for instance, do a lot of welding at their home. Or who have big aquariums. Or who use electric space heaters. Think they are going to be happy when the government shows up at their door and demands entrance? This should be interesting.

Time to switch to LED lights.

This could raise the ire of people who, for instance, do a lot of welding at their home. Or who have big aquariums. Or who use electric space heaters. Think they are going to be happy when the government shows up at their door and demands entrance? This should be interesting.

Good point. Need to check my electric bills.

interesting. it would affect everyone.

but i dont think the city can compel DTE/consumers to give up that customer data?

for not registering with the city, there would be a civil infraction?

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, ... for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act

(e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act.

the MMMA says no penalties in any manner.

lansing and banero can go suck eggs. supreme court played a joke on the MML and cities by saying they werent going to ban all ordinances against the mmma.

Edited by bax

good time to move out of lansing!

cities all over michigan have enacted a bunch of baloney ordinances against home growing and caregivers already. none of the ordinances are enforceable against patients and caregivers.

probably even your own city has enacted some ordinance, phaq! lol

Edited by bax

Noone will do it unless you do it yourself.  Don't ask Norby. He is useless. He wont help. Nor pretty much anyone here.

We have been fighting this lansing ordinance for the last year or so. We delayed them for as long as we could, now Bernero is being a douchebag.  Sigh'.

He is concerned about house fires I guess.

p.s. if I may add, I live 8 hours from Lansing.  Go to the meetings. Make your voice heard.  Noone else will really.