The Next 4

Well i just read the us citizens link and see nothing specificly saying that marijuana is on the chopping block. I see a push to curb illegals and stop violent crime and to stop drug trafficking.

Seesions said that we would not see a change in the way marijuanna is enforced, trump has said many times that it is a states right issue and he would leave it to the states.

Right. I want to see this quote too. Sounds like fake news. Doesn't make sense with the other stuff we can prove he said.

Here's how Attorney General Sessions could shut down the legal marijuana industry overnight  Kleiman: Because there are 4,000 DEA agents worldwide. There are 500,000 state and local cops. If a state doesn’t want to enforce its cannabis laws, the Federal government really cannot step into those shoes. And, again this is hard Constitutional doctrine. The Federal government may not require a state to make something criminal or to help enforce safe Federal law.  

So yeah, if ... the justice department wanted to shut all the legal markets down, they could do that within weeks at very low resource cost. They go into the state regulatory agencies, they get all the license applications, which I think are public record, but if not, they can subpoena them, they take that pack of applications to the nearest US Federal District Court and say, “Your Honor. here are people who have signed an application for permission to commit a Federal felony. Please enjoin them from doing so.” That injunction issues without even hearing from a lawyer on the other side. And then you use the contempt power to enforce it.

Well i just read the us citizens link and see nothing specificly saying that marijuana is on the chopping block. I see a push to curb illegals and stop violent crime and to stop drug trafficking.

Seesions said that we would not see a change in the way marijuanna is enforced, trump has said many times that it is a states right issue and he would leave it to the states.

Care to amend your statement?

"Jeff Sessions just gave his private prison cronies a pat on the behind by rescinding President Obama's order restricting the use of private prisons for federal prisoners and detainees.

As you can imagine, stock prices for those merchants of doom shot right up."

So did Trumpeteers vote to expand private prisons too?

Mitch McConnell To Constituent: Marijuana Leads To Death

WASHINGTON — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told a constituent in favor of legalizing marijuana that he doesn’t support the idea because drugs like pot lead to death.

In a Feb. 14 letter to his constituent, McConnell said he has “serious concerns” about legalizing marijuana for medicinal purposes, a topic that the constituent had written to him about. He pointed out that the main ingredient in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol, is already available in pill form for the treatment of certain illnesses.

He is also “troubled” by the fact that many legalization proposals would make marijuana available to the public “without following the scientific processes” of the Food and Drug Administration, McConnell said.

McConnell then cites a medical marijuana bill introduced by Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) and raises concerns about what could happen if it became law — death.

“Because of the harm that substances like marijuana and other narcotics pose to our society, I have concerns about this legislation. The detrimental effects of drugs have been well documented: short-term memory loss, loss of core motor functions, heightened risk of lung disease, and even death,” McConnell wrote.

Roll Call - McConnell, Grimes Split on Marijuana Legalization Debate

News Article

Date: Sept. 26, 2014

By Niels Lesniewski

The national discussion about legalizing marijuana has now surfaced in Kentucky's Senate race.

A day after Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes encouraged a conversation about it, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell voiced his opposition to following Colorado's lead and legalizing marijuana more broadly in an interview on a local radio station Friday.

"I'm against legalizing marijuana," the Republican said. "Certainly it's not in the same category as heroin, but I think to begin to sort of send the message that we're giving up, you know, that this is just the way it's going to be, then one thing leads to another and pretty soon you completely transform your society in a way that I think certainly most Kentuckians would not agree with."

Kentucky has a well-documented heroin epidemic that has been widely reported to have worsened as the state government has made it more difficult to get access to painkillers.

"I don't think an answer to this, honestly, is to go in a direction of legalizing any of these currently illegal drugs. I mean, it just further makes it just like we're sort of going to give up," McConnell said. "This whole, you know, movement in various parts of the country is a big mistake. I mean, you can argue about that if you want to, but the message that goes out when you do that is we don't really care about this."

"I think rolling over and giving up is really not a solution," McConnell said.

The McConnell comments on WVLK radio in Lexington came just a day after Lundergan Grimes, Kentucky's secretary of state, told Kentucky Sports Radio she favored a discussion about pot legalization.

"I would want to have the discussion, and I think it's worthwhile to bring the experts together and talk about the reclassification, especially for medical purposes," Grimes said, as the Herald-Leader reported. Grimes cited arguments in favor of reclassifying marijuana or cannabis oil for medical purposes at the state legislature.

"I'm in favor of having the discussion especially to reclassify the use of marijuana. We haven't had a senator that's even wanted to have those discussions though," Grimes said.

In Colorado, the marijuana experiment is being allowed to run its course without being a heated political issue.

Dems Talk Marijuana On Senate Floor

https://massroots.com/blog/dems-talk-marijuana-on-senate-floor

February 8th, 2017

Many marijuana industry professionals and cannabis consumers are concerned about the prospect of ardent legalization opponent Jeff Sessions becoming U.S. attorney general.

A handful Democratic senators who are also worried about what Sessions would do in response to state cannabis laws as head of the Department of Justice took to the floor of the Senate on Tuesday to raise the issue.

Democratic Sen. Brian Schatz (<----love this guy) of Hawaii called Sessions's views on marijuana "out of the mainstream." 

Referencing Sessions's remark that "good people don't smoke marijuana," Schatz said, "Tell that to the cancer victim," relating the story of a "good friend" who has stage IV cancer.

The vote to confirm Sessions, currently a Republican senator from Alabama, is expected to take place on Wednesday. During his confirmation hearing and in response to written questions from fellow senators, he has been fairly guarded in indicating whether his Justice Department would continue the Obama administration's general approach of mostly respecting the right of states to implement their own cannabis laws without federal interference.

Sessions did call the previous administration's guidelines "valuable" but said that he would not commit to "never enforcing federal law."

Schatz said that "the respect for federalism reflected in the [Obama] Justice Department's guidance should be right in line with conservative values," adding:

"There is a bipartisan consensus now: the drug war is a failure. The drug war did not work. The drug war did not decrease the percentage of people utilizing illegal drugs. Every time the government succeeded in shutting down a drug trafficking ring, another would pop up. And harsh penalties didn't slow addiction rates, they just incarcerated mostly young men. They didn't slow the flow of drugs, instead they crowded prisons, burdened taxpayers and increased drug-related violence in other countries.

"So now is the time to shift our strategy and focus on helping people who struggle with addiction. We also need to respect the decision in many cities and states to decriminalize drug possession. It's up to them to decide how to provide relief to residents who could benefit from utilizing medical marijuana."

Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington, who admitted that she did not vote for her state's marijuana legalization law, said she was nonetheless "here to advocate for my state."

She decried how Sessions has "refused to respect the rights of states who have democratically chosen to either legalize marijuana for medical or recreational use," calling it "an important issue for us in the Pacific Northwest."

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) briefly decried Sessions's previously voiced preference for "aggressively prosecuting marijuana offenses."

(Under a motion from Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Senate later voted to prevent Warren from further participating in the floor debate after she allegedly impugned a fellow senator -- Sessions -- by reading a letter that Coretta Scott King wrote in the 1980s opposing his nomination to be a federal judge.)

And even Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, one of Congress's most ardent opponents of cannabis law reform, indicated she's concerned about how Sessions would respond to local moves to end prohibition.

Noting that she's a strong believer in enforcing drug laws, Feinstein admitted that there are "difficult questions about what actions the Justice Department would take in states that have legalized marijuana in some way or another under their own laws."  She said the "bottom line" is that "sensitivity and good judgement are needed in prosecutorial decisions" because resources need to be "used wisely."

Despite the strong opposition from Democrats, however, Sessions is expected to be confirmed on a mostly if not entirely party line vote.

For now, the Obama administration's "Cole Memo" on how states can avoid federal interference with their marijuana laws remains on the Justice Department website.

What I have to tell you what you can read for yourself Malamute. This place is full of dickhead narrow minded knuckle draggers. It's no wonder people think pot smokers are bad people just because I have a different opinion than you you go on attack.

I am very well read look at both sides then forum a opinion I don't just parrot what I hear read like you people here seem to do...

1. He called Hillary Clinton a crook.

You bought it.

Then he paid $25 million to settle a fraud lawsuit.

2. He said he’d release his tax returns, eventually.

You bought it.

He hasn’t, and says he never will.

3. He said he’d divest himself from his financial empire, to avoid any conflicts of interest.

You bought it.

He is still heavily involved in his businesses, manipulates the stock market on a daily basis, and has more conflicts of interest than can even be counted.

4. He said Clinton was in the pockets of Goldman Sachs, and would do whatever they said.

You bought it.

He then proceeded to put half a dozen Goldman Sachs executives in positions of power in his administration.

5. He said he’d surround himself with all the best and smartest people.

You bought it.

He nominated theocratic loon Mike Pence for Vice President. A white supremacist named Steve Bannon is his most trusted confidant. Dr. Ben Carson, the world’s greatest idiot savant brain surgeon, is in charge of HUD. Russian quisling Rex Tillerson is Secretary of State.

6. He said he’d be his own man, beholden to no one.

You bought it.

He then appointed Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education, whose only “qualifications” were the massive amounts of cash she donated to his campaign.

7. He said he would “drain the swamp” of Washington insiders.

You bought it.

He then admitted that was just a corny slogan he said to fire up the rubes during the rallies, and that he didn’t mean it.

8. He said he knew more about strategy and terrorism than the Generals did.

You bought it.

He promptly gave the green light to a disastrous raid in Yemen- even though all his Generals said it would be a terrible idea. This raid resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL, an 8-year old American girl, and numerous civilians. The actual target of the raid escaped, and no useful intel was gained.

9. He said Hillary Clinton couldn’t be counted on in times of crisis.

You bought it.

He didn’t even bother overseeing that raid in Yemen; and instead spent the time hate-tweeting the New York Times, and sleeping.

10. He called CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times “fake news” and said they were his enemy.

You bought it.

He now gets all his information from Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and InfoWars.

11. He called Barack Obama “the vacationer-in-Chief” and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, not when there was so much important work to be done.

You bought it.

He took his first vacation after 11 days in office.

On the taxpayer’s dime.

And went golfing.

It blows my mind how people seem to think Trump is going to raid all states/people that are consuming\growing Cannabis for Medical purposes. He has said he will not pursue states where MM is legal so far the man has done as he said he would. Give the guy a chance when things turn around the country will be far better off than the last eight years of a do nothing lying POS we had.

I thank God every day we dodged the bullet Killary had loaded in her back pocket...

What I have to tell you what you can read for yourself Malamute. This place is full of dickhead narrow minded knuckle draggers. It's no wonder people think pot smokers are bad people just because I have a different opinion than you you go on attack.

I am very well read look at both sides then forum a opinion I don't just parrot what I hear read like you people here seem to do...

I know just because I don't share the liberal view point I must be a threat. Snow flakes always resort to attacking it's all they know it's a shame really I was hoping we can help each other.

Goddf love the person who called me out cuz I only had 4 post that's a special kinda interweb butthurt.. lol

I told you I'm not going to do research for u Malamute do it on your own it's out and about just godda look around.

I'm done arguing with any of you I have my political view you have yours I'm good with that I explained my view I can clearly see a liberal agenda here don't care I'm here to learn and help people if I can nothing more nothing less.

Boy, what would we do without your input here.  Seems this is the only reason you are the forum.

And you still never backed up what you said at all.  I was not looking for opinion, I was looking for facts to back up your statement and I got none.  *shrug*