Disabled. Soon To Be Homeless.

Oh yes it happens all the time

Is there an example of a case that went to court that you can link? All I can find are cases where other things along with smell lead to the warrant. Such as a snitch and a rat going through trash.

Not saying it doesn't happen, because we all know there is stuff going on all the time which is not in news stories.

I find vape pens have very minimum smell.

A vape pen is a very good solution.  I've been successful at tending to my own needs and needs of my patients for years...never had the need to go to a dispensary or buy meds from another CG. 

Recently, a friend of mine turned me on to a vape pen and CO2-extracted oil cartridges from a local dispensary.  I tried the vape pen and was amazed at the results.  Vape pens have come a long way in a short time.  I went to a Flint-area dispensary (or "club") and bought three cartridges for $100, and they gave the vape pen for free.  Over the past few years I averaged about 1 oz. per month in flowers.  Six weeks after buying the CO2 extracted vape meds, I'm only about 1/2 way through the meds.  Considering that my patients pay an average of about $5/gram for flowers, I figure that my own use was costing me about $140/month.  Using the vape pen and CO2 extracted oil, even buying it, my costs for my own meds have dropped from about $140/month to about $30/month. 

are you sure smell alone is enough to get a warrant?

I thought they had to have other things.

When stumbling upon a vehicle partially in the roadway Missaukee County, Deputies say they found much more than a broken down car.

It happened Saturday on South 13 Mile in Missaukee County.

Deputies followed footprints in the snow to find two women leaving a pole barn.

They say they smelled marijuana and heard loud machinery leading them to assume a marijuana was inside the barn.

The Traverse Narcotics Team then got a search warrant for the property and says they found a marijuana grow operation in the pole barn and the basement of a home on the property.

The two women from Merritt were arrested for manufacturing marijuana.

http://www.9and10news.com/story/34430532/missaukee-county-women-arrested-on-marijuana-growing-charges