Local Zoning Law Question

Dizledot

Cool. I was just wondering, not interrogating.  :-)

What I can say is, in say Washington, Legal mj retail wiped out the medical mj retail. Just the opposite effect.

And, they did enter a weird favourability clauses(s) in the MPP model. I hope it goes away. :-) 

Everyone deserves equal opportunity.

As far as med license to rec license? It seems to be the way it has went in other states. I could be completely wrong about that however. And I thought I read that language in the mpp petition, again I could be wrong and I'm sure you will correct me if I am.

My CPA told me the same thing. Having a medical growers license will better your chances to get a rec growers license.

After purusing the mpp petition again it does appear Mmmp license holders will be given favorable consideration as far as rec licenses go.

When it comes right down to it I'm just a grower of 25 years looking to keep doing what I do.

I know, poor poor pitiful me.

It isn't the same thing for me. I've been like a marijuana medicine man my whole life and this industrial style manufacturing isn't the same thing I've been doing with marijuana my whole life. It would be like going back to the auto factory I retired from. I can't do what I do for my people like that. I would be just looking for some money instead of helping people one at a time. That's what is rewarding and makes it real for me, helping people around me. Seeing the results. Seeing people happy. Not a cold through put math equation to make stock holders happy.  They might as well go back to pills. They will. Pills and alcohol. All is lost. It would be a beautiful way of life the world has moved on from. I'm not ready to let that go and definitely not for this. 

And even if you have the money to be the boss you still have left growing behind. Now you manage other people doing tasks they just do for meager money. It cuts the heart right out of what I do. Like one of those sweat shops where they manufacture tennis shoes in Korea. 

This is why you always see outsiders run these marijuana sweat shops because they don't care. They are just a boss doing something they couldn't give two hoots about. It's just money money money. No smiles from a happy cannabis user. No connection. Total disconnect. 

That being said, if you are a caregiver commercially growing in a warehouse, greenhouse, or outdoors, and selling to dispensaries now, it is time to get on the train (or get off the train) pretty soon.

I see that the disconnected have painted themselves into a corner. They thought they could sell anonymously through a dispensary, no customer contact, and now that choice has put them on camera 24 7 or find something else to do. Their choice to disconnect from their customer patients has put them on this path. 

I feel like there is a way to care about people and still capitalize from it. After all, we have kids to feed.

This isn't the type of business you feed your kids with. Your kids should already be fed before you venture into something like this. I've seen this too much with people who think they are going to pull themselves out of a slump with marijuana sales. If you aren't already in a position of strength then trying to sell marijuana isn't going to put you there. Get a regular job to feed your children. 

This isn't the type of business you feed your kids with. Your kids should already be fed before you venture into something like this. I've seen this too much with people who think they are going to pull themselves out of a slump with marijuana sales. If you aren't already in a position of strength then trying to sell marijuana isn't going to put you there. Get a regular job to feed your children. 

You make an awful lot of assumptions. My kids are fed thank you. I have a full time job but we do VERY well as caregivers too.

Something isn't adding up here ....

You make an awful lot of assumptions. My kids are fed thank you. I have a full time job but we do VERY well as caregivers too.

Umm I still think you are confused. Again. I have no involvement with this company. I don't live anywhere near Kingsley. Do you understand now? I do not work for them. I have no plans on working for them. I have not shared with you what my business plan is. For some reason you keeping wanting to tie me to them. Please tell me you comprehend because I have no other way of saying it. But please explain to me how a caregiver can make money only growing for 5 people.

Meaning after everything is tracked from seed to sale. You won't be able to sell anything to dispensaries anymore. But let's pretend like you didn't know what that meant. I'll play your game.

Never did. Never needed to. Dispensaries are illegal and they have cameras that record your illegal activity. If you are using the dispensary legally you still are only selling to 5 patients. 

So you never really were a caregiver if you just sold to the dispensary. 

Never did. Never needed to. Dispensaries are illegal and they have cameras that record your illegal activity. If you are using the dispensary legally you still are only selling to 5 patients. 

So you never really were a caregiver if you just sold to the dispensary. 

It's not uncommon for caregivers to get rid of their overages to dispensaries. Let's pretend that you didn't know that either.

It's not uncommon for caregivers to get rid of their overages to dispensaries. Let's pretend that you didn't know that either.

No one around here does that anymore after the guy we know who did that went to prison. His wife went to prison too. His extended family took care of their kids while they were in there for taking their overages to the dispensary. It's just not worth it especially if you have kids. It's really stupid.

Fairly frequently in certain areas, less frequently in others. In many areas, the trend is toward forfeiture rather than criminal prosecution. I am surprised you've never heard of it? How long have you been growing and selling to dispensaries, and in what area?

The answer to the previous question regarding making money, most on this site do not look to growing and selling marijuana as a significant source of income. Most grow for personal reasons; some grow their own because it is higher quality and they don't want to or can't afford to buy it. There are probably other reasons too.

I don't really wanna say where I live, but it's really common around here. We've been approached by several dispensaries to carry our product.

You are living in an area where dispensaries approach you to sell product? How do they even know you are growing? If there is that much activity and you still don't know people who have been busted for it, I can't even imagine where that is. It happens regularly in Detroit and Flint, but maybe Ypsi/Ann Arbor are a bit safer. Those are the only areas I can think of that are active enough for that kind of bubble to exist.

When people do get busted, do you just hear that they were doing something wrong and everybody else is safe?

I literally have not heard of one person being busted at all.