Local Zoning Law Question

Dizledot

It seem like maybe Keyring listened to the wrong people (or at the wrong time) and concluded all sales from CG to patient are illegal, therefore, what's the difference between to selling to one's registered patient vs. selling to a dispensary?

I dunno. 

I'm glad patients and caregivers have a place to flesh out these issues.  At least people who come here for advice can make informed choices.

That said, I don't think it is a good idea for anyone to get on-line and say they do "very well" as a CG and knowingly sell MMJ illegally.  It smells of, "I have money and nice things, come raid or rob me."

I'm not that worried about it. I'm getting a state license to grow there

Your investment is not without risk. Keep in mind that there are many who will continue to carry on as they always have and will compete with you and any others who enter into excessively costly and excessively regulated commercial ventures. There are practical advantages they will use for leverage: quality and low overhead among them. Then there is the personal touch. I was successful in a sales company that relied on direct customer contact and personal service in their homes. It did well when retail establishments were doing well, and was lucrative when retail storefronts were taking big hits and the economy went sideways. The networking required is already pretty well established and can be improved on.

Knock yourself out. If you can compete and offer better product at lower price points I will congratulate you. We fully expect that you will work to eliminate caregiver to patient provisions in the law. They, likewise, will work to out compete and outperform you. There will always be a market for premium quality and personal service. They will also beat your prices.

Edited by GregS

Ive been a member here for only a few months and all a few of you do is badger people who have different points of view than you. I cant understand how the people who run this website can let this crap continue.

I've been a member here for 8 years. And I've seen some doozies posted over the years...like you don't need a driver's license if you have an MMJ card because the MMMA protects transportation of MMJ....and plants don't count unless they are potted in soil... Patient to patient sales are legal...and the newest one. It's illegal for a CG to sell MMJ.

Sometimes it takes a lot of effort to reeducate people who were either lied to or bought-into falsehoods.

You call it badgering. What we saw here wasn't badgering regarding "it's illegal for a CG to sell MMJ." The poster who took the position held fast to it despite posts showing the Michigan Supreme Court said otherwise. I could just as easily say that the poster who took that position was badgering. It takes two to badger, same as it takes two to tango.

If you take the time to read old posts, you'll find that a handful of posters on this website tried really, really hard to educate others on topics where the position that turned out to be right was the position they spoke about.

What you might call "badgering," I call a "relentless effort to find the truth."

I thought it was overkill. But like you said, better too many than too few.

There is the risk that you will not be jumping on with the winner(s).

Does anyone have any experience with getting property rezoned. Is that an easy thing to do?

It is a prerogative that resides with the municipality and its residents. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. If Pinconning allows it, then be my guest.

There is the risk that you will not be jumping on with the winner(s).

It is a prerogative that resides with the municipality and its residents. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. If Pinconning allows it, then be my guest.

Somehow you got the idea that I am in Pinconning. No, I just posted their ordinance because I knew it was released.

It seem like maybe Keyring listened to the wrong people (or at the wrong time) and concluded all sales from CG to patient are illegal, therefore, what's the difference between to selling to one's registered patient vs. selling to a dispensary?

I dunno.

I'm glad patients and caregivers have a place to flesh out these issues. At least people who come here for advice can make informed choices.

That said, I don't think it is a good idea for anyone to get on-line and say they do "very well" as a CG and knowingly sell MMJ illegally. It smells of, "I have money and nice things, come raid or rob me."

Highlander I already acknowledged the patient caregiver sale thing but it's people like you that won't let it go.

Ive been a member here for only a few months and all a few of you do is badger people who have different points of view than you. I cant understand how the people who run this website can let this crap continue.

Give us cogent arguments and we will consider what you say carefully. Till then, expect the same.

Except for Resto. Not Resto. But you can still expect the same.

Edited by GregS

But you have continued to speak negatively about caregivers, the program they are in, and the ability for them to continue doing what they are doing.

There is simple disagreement to your statements over a couple threads(bleed over discussions) and I think coming to a forum based on caregivers and patients and falsely telling them what they can and cant do, that they are useless, they will be run out, and generally "you guys are fukd, my dreams of getting rich off of 5 sick people have been foiled so I am going huge commercial and I will continue to downgrade how important caregivers are".

That is how I have read what you have said over these couple bled together topics.

It doesn't surprise me people push back against such views and comments.

They are the views and comments of our opposition. 

Maybe you just haven't expressed yourself clearly enough?

Confusion in interpretation?

It is written and on the internet. It is easy to get the wrong impression sometimes.

That's the way I read it too.

I never felt like it was two people discussing. I felt like I was addressing talking points from a false advertisement. One right after another. 

If this person is just someone's wife and mom that was lead astray with bad information, that she stubbornly hangs onto, and beats us over the head with, I guess I owe her an apology because she was just looking for a way to feed her babies. Yet if she is a mom looking for a way to feed her babies then I feel like there's no limit to the time and trouble I should expend to save those babies. It's a strange enigma. 

So here we go again;

People sell at dispensaries all the time. Some get caught some don't. Just like it's been for a lifetime, some sell and some get caught. The only difference between the old days when you sold cannabis on the black market and people who do it now with the dispensaries is the cops can so easily know exactly what you are doing. There's no 'stealth'. So it's going to be harder to keep your babies safe at home when a couple sells to a dispensary.