Milegalize / Mpp / Mcc First Draft Language Released

bax

(a) operating, navigating, or being in physical control of any motor vehicle, aircraft, snowmobile, off-road recreational vehicle, or motorboat while under the influence of marihuana;

I don't like this language at all. I use MMJ to deal with lower back pain (among other things). I'm "under the influence of" MMJ about 24/7/365. Probably like most patients.

Replace "Under the influence of" with "impaired by" and I can support this.

That sucker turns my stomach right in the 'intent'.

It's like; INTENT; To raise money to put non violent marijuana users who don't contribute to 'The Man' in jail. 

When it says; INTENT: To help non violent marijuana users stay out of trouble.

Then I'll be able to stomach the thing. Right now it reads like someone is kissing Schuette's arse. It reads like marijuana is the root of all evil. I can't pander to the haters like that. It's just so disingenuous to do that. When you build on that you build for the haters. You are just building prisons, not freedom. 

What about this one ?

Coalition forming in support of legalization in 2018

Last update: December 21, 2016

MPP is currently talking with advocates, patients, business owners, and activists across the state as we explore working with coalition to put an adult use marijuana legalization and regulation measure on Michigan’s November 2018 ballot. Our December listening tour across the southern part of the state was a success, and we were impressed with the thoughtful comments and questions you had. Thank you to all who participated!

If you have thoughts you wish to share before the drafting committee begins its work, please send comments to info@regulatemichigan.org by January 2, 2017, and be sure your voice is heard. For updates, announcements, and the timeline for drafting the language proposed for the 2018 ballot, please follow the Michigan Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Facebook page. You can also find the timeline and instructions for providing feedback here.

oh this is milegalize draft. what about the regulatemi ? they were talking about getting a draft together this month as well... are these the same combined or not?

This is the coalition draft. Milegalize are just being little bittches and trying to take credit for everything. They have massive egos.  They should not have tried to claim credit for the coalitions work.

anyways after reading section 16 , its pretty good. theres some small flaws in the language which i've passed along.

legalized is better than illegal. adults can grow 12 plants, possess 2.5 (or any produced by your 12 plants in your house if it is locked up). cant smoke in cars or public.

the usual.

seems ok to me.

Edited by bax

This is the coalition draft. Milegalize are just being little bittches and trying to take credit for everything. They have massive egos.  They should not have tried to claim credit for the coalitions work.

regulate mi posted it on their facebooks

https://www.facebook.com/RegulateMichigan/

but even after specifically asking to be notified about drafts or changes, i got no mail from regulatemi.

Edited by bax

The intent needs to read more like an expansion of rights and not an indictment of marijuana and it's users. 

We are not a 'scourge' that society needs to be protected from. We are the solution to many problems society has. So give us our rights to use marijuana and quit punching us in the face while you do it. Let us start repairing the wrongs. It's not a good start to build on a false foundation that enables the haters. They just get all excited about putting us in prison again. Great!

This is an indictment!

The intent is to remove the production and distribution of marihuana from the illicit market; prevent revenue generated from commerce in marihuana from going to criminal enterprises or gangs; prevent the distribution of marihuana to persons under 21 years of age; prevent the diversion of marihuana to illicit markets; ensure safety of marihuana and marihuanainfused products; prevent adverse public health consequences; and ensure security of marihuana establishments. To the fullest extent possible, this act shall be interpreted in accordance with the purpose and intent set forth in 

that section is basically controlling the discussion.

so dumb reporters can ask "what is this legalizaton about?"

then they reprint sec2 in the article.

"OH , thats what this is about."

sec 2 will be expanded to make sure it protects people from arrest.

for a first draft by committee, the intent (however with some errors) is not bad.

I'm surprised it doesn't say it will reduce wife beatings. Who writes this stuff? 

Not me.

:-)

I would never write something like that. Those are hardnose talking points people could use during a campaign,... but ya don't pass shiit like that into law.

I would put intent as to allow for personal rights, to allow personal production and use, to allow for regulation of commercial establishments, to allow for production of hemp, to regulate etc etc etc....

But that's me,... my suggestions are hopefully considered as well.