New Medical Marijuana Laws Set Industry 'on Steroids'

bobandtorey

I'm just telling ya how it got there to begin with.

Do some more heavy research into historic CBD plants and what hemp strains and landrace strains were used to meld  together that cbd/thc property into the strains people have now put their own names on.

and on your second post,... extraction technology is moving forward by leaps and bounds on the molecular level.

At some point, there will be the ability to isolate 50+ cannabinoids into their pure forms from a single source plant.

I don't think I disagree with anyone here. :-)

I like to keep it simple so we don't need to argue about it. When you have a quart jar of oil from a great strain like Original Diesel from the SFV you have some serious CBD in there. If you want CBD a person can find a way to use it without the THC. I mentioned one way to do it. A person needs such a tiny amount of CBD. A tablespoon out of that jar would be enough for hundreds of doses. That puts things in perspective. The people who need CBD don't need a ton of it. They don't need it from special strain that only contains CBD. 

Who made you the gate keeper?  i know people taking 60mg CBD a day to 100mg CBD a day and people who really enjoy the 15%CBD and 10%THC strain I produce. It keeps them from getting ANY anxiety from the THC.  You THINK you know what you are talking about when in fact you don't.  Do you know ANYTHING about Dravet's syndrome?  Do you know anything about Autism, schizophrenia, MS, Fibromyalgia or any borderline personality disorders or anything about anxiety or metastasis of cancer or how bones heal, Crohns, UC? Anything at all?  Have you read any studies about how CBD affects these things?  Any at all or anything about mg/kg recommendations for any of these afflictions?

If ya want CBD, grow a cbd heavy plant.  I am not sure I am understanding the points. :-)

CBD = Hemp strain

Get the right hemp strain, cross it.

Stuff grows wild across the midwest.  3 main derived hemp strains.

But yea,... the percentages aren't measured by plant weight. An ounce of a high THC strain may actually gross more CBD than a high CBD plant.

I have no real use for CBD myself, doesn't help my condition. But, some need CBD for sure.  I am more in the entourage effect category, but yea sure.

Do you think the entourage effect doesn't include CBD, CBC, CBN, CBG, THCV, CBDV, etc.  No one that I know takes purified CBD, they all are part of the entourage effect group.  Just lower levels of THC.  But it all comes into play, they just need a different entourage effect than you do.  But if you want to distance yourself from other cannabis users, that's up to you.

I'm just telling ya how it got there to begin with.

Do some more heavy research into historic CBD plants and what hemp strains and landrace strains were used to meld  together that cbd/thc property into the strains people have now put their own names on.

and on your second post,... extraction technology is moving forward by leaps and bounds on the molecular level.

At some point, there will be the ability to isolate 50+ cannabinoids into their pure forms from a single source plant.

I don't think I disagree with anyone here. :-)

There are lots of Indica strains that test in the 4% CBD range naturally.  Cbd doesn't only come from hemp and if people selectively bred for CBD or CBG etc. instead of just THC we'd have strains from all sorts of varieties other than hemp with high levels of each and low levels of THC.  How do you think we got autoflowers with hi THC?

Isolating is great but if the levels are so low of each cannabinoid other  than THC how much are you going to be able to get out of a whole field?  Did you look at the # of plants that had a N/D under the CBD category?  It's all about selective breeding to get the amounts of the compounds you need. 

I have done the research, it's 4 genes that control the CBD/THC ratio.  I've bred starins and done the testing myself to see how the math works out.  I know what I'm talking about.

Extraction technology at the genetic level is not "burning off the THC to leave the CBD behind".  That's misleading and you of all people should know about CBN?  Don't you think it's a little dangerous for a heart patient to use this method to get a little CBD?

Edited by ANHEMP

Makes no sense  at all  .  Most rec plants have around  15% thc and less than 1% cbd     20 mg  of cbd does work... I agree you need very little.  but to extract it from 60.1   or  40.1  ratio oils makes no sense... 

If you already have the oil why doesn't it make sense? For the few who need it and the little bit they need it's not a waste. 

Show me true test results from the best strains you grow. Ones that have CBD. Then show me the test results for the oil you make out of it. Then heat treat that oil to change the ratio of THC to CBD and show me the test results from that. Prove to me that heat treating doesn't work. 

How would someone "heat treat" cannabis oil to remove the THC and leave the CBD?

How would someone "heat treat" cannabis oil to remove the THC and leave the CBD?

320 degrees fahrenheit. The boiling point for THC is below that and CBD is above. You can vary a little above 320 because the CBD will resist boiling at the temps at and just above 320. You might have to cook it a long time to totally remove all the THC. So you would have to test it often along the way and take notes so you can repeat what you have discovered works well for you. 

I don't think we know as much as some think they do about how cannabinoids work. 

I think the best test is a patient trying it out, not a lab test. 

So you have a cannabis oil that works a certain way and you can be sure it's going to work different after you apply heat to it. 

No one knows what you might discover as you change your oil with heat. We can guess using known boiling points. We can experiment. We can record what we do. Everyone is different so what works for one patient might not work the same for another. That's why it's so important to test carefully with a patient. Start with a really small dosage and move up. It can be tedious. You have to have patients and patience.

Until you learn that there is CBN left from the degraded THC in the oil and that CBD degrades below the "boiling point".  Again, where do you get an oven that doesn't swing that much in temperature that won't vaporize the CBD in the process?  Must be a pretty expensive piece of equipment.

Much easier just to grow a hi CBD cut and make oil.  Complete waste of oil in my opinion to do what Resto is suggesting. Esp since much more than he leads on is needed in most cases.

I don't think we know as much as some think they do about how cannabinoids work. 

I think the best test is a patient trying it out, not a lab test. 

So you have a cannabis oil that works a certain way and you can be sure it's going to work different after you apply heat to it. 

No one knows what you might discover as you change your oil with heat. We can guess using known boiling points. We can experiment. We can record what we do. Everyone is different so what works for one patient might not work the same for another. That's why it's so important to test carefully with a patient. Start with a really small dosage and move up. It can be tedious. You have to have patients and patience.

How do you think they got boiling points?  Thru LAB TESTS. Not knowing what the hell is in your oil doesn't help if you are trying to recreate something.  but you are right, no one knows how the oil will change with heat UNLESS YOU TEST IT.  You are spreading bad info that you haven't even tested yourself to be true.  A theory thru reading the results of LAB TESTS.  You don't even know how that translates to the real world.

I liked your post because the first line seemed like a good descriptor of your understanding of cannabinoids.

Edited by ANHEMP

Until you learn that there is CBN left from the degraded THC in the oil and that CBD degrades below the "boiling point".  Again, where do you get an oven that doesn't swing that much in temperature that won't vaporize the CBD in the process?  Must be a pretty expensive piece of equipment.

Much easier just to grow a hi CBD cut and make oil.  Complete waste of oil in my opinion to do what Resto is suggesting. Esp since much more than he leads on is needed in most cases.

Works for my patients. That's priceless. Might not work for yours. I've got plenty of extra oil so I NEVER see it as a waste to experiment with my oils to help a patients. That's the bottom line, helping people. My oil helps people because I carefully experiment and patiently watch the results and take notes. 

Over the 30+ years of my cannabis experimentation I have found a lot of anecdotal evidence through making/baking medibles at different temps. For example; One time I made a cookie that was exactly the way I wanted it.  Same oil in it but a little different heat applied. That was a eureka moment. That was when I knew I could change oil with heat and alter the effects infinitely. Anyone can do that. 

How do you think they got boiling points?  Thru LAB TESTS. Not knowing what the hell is in your oil doesn't help if you are trying to recreate something.  but you are right, no one knows how the oil will change with heat UNLESS YOU TEST IT.  You are spreading bad info that you haven't even tested yourself to be true.  A theory thru reading the results of LAB TESTS.  You don't even know how that translates to the real world.

I liked your post because the first line seemed like a good descriptor of your understanding of cannabinoids.

That's my area of expertise. I've had over 30 years of patients to work with. Way before anyone even used labs for public cannabinoid research like we have today. I was so far ahead of the new comers because of all of that past work. I can see right through BS lab claims because of that real life experience. 

Edited by Restorium2

I think the most common mistake with cannabis is over dosing people.

The reason strains with little or no THC in them is working the best for you is because you are overdosing patients and they can take that better when you have no THC at all. Then you can hammer them with what you made without the bad consequences of THC overdosing. You don't need a hammer, you need a feather. There's a thousand hammers in a jar of oil, and a billion feathers. 

I have read a study regarding CBD having possible efficacy for glioblastoma brain tumors (THC was found to be more effective, from what I remember), but are the rest of these claims of CBD efficacy based on studies or anecdotal evidence?

Studies on general anxiety, speaking in front of crowds, schizophrenia, metastasis of tumors, dravets syndrome etc.etc.etc.   It's all out there you just have to be interested and read the peer reviewed papers.

I'd like to see a thread with those studies if possible, rather than continuing the current silly conversation.

Google scholar, search CBD and all those topics.  Read it and get back to me.  I'm not here to lead you around, you can do the leg work just like i did.

Pull things out of context and dont answer the real questions. So you've tested this method and got strait CBD oil with no CBN? You have lab tests to prove this.  Strait question and only one, can you answer it?

I have carefully tested with patients. I have found a lot of success with carefully tailoring my oil for patients using heat and cold. I want to share that with others who can use it to help people. If you can use a lab somehow to repeat my success then that's awesome. In my opinion you start with good patient results and then maybe use a lab to help explain it if that's what floats your boat. 

Google scholar, search CBD and all those topics.  Read it and get back to me.  I'm not here to lead you around, you can do the leg work just like i did.

I think that zap and I have actually have read more about CBD than you have, ironically. We are totally engaged in all the science and have a handle on that. 

So you are on this thread to fight with members rather than providing information? What you are doing here is no better than what you are badgering Restorium for.

You need to post some information rather than mere assertions. Also, I recommend a different thread, since this conversation is well off from the original topic.

I think this person is in this thread to bolster the claims that you need a special strain, or subset of strains, combined with lab testing, and you can't find the 'cure' any other way. Has invested in this idea and will argue the case ad nausium. 

Wow CBD works wonders you guys should try it... If you have an auto immune condition's the stuff is amasing   I was led to believe the lies that cbd was not that good   gave you headaches ect  boy they were wrong. 

I'm going to assume you are looking for CBD without any effects you associate with THC. Is that correct? Have you tried using a good strain that has CBD and making it so you don't get any of the effects you don't want by heating it? Until you try that you are just one dimensional in the conversation about what can and will work. 

ya this thread is hijiaked..  Tons of people using cbd to treat pain with great results.. just use google.  Got some  CW the other day that is great too... How we discovered it was pure ratios patches... tried the 1.1   2.1  and the just cbd patch    the 1.1  worked but the cbd and the 2.1 was far better less side effects.

Wow CBD works wonders you guys should try it... If you have an auto immune condition's the stuff is amasing   I was led to believe the lies that cbd was not that good   gave you headaches ect  boy they were wrong. 

Hey, that's me. Been experimenting with cannabis for that since the late 70's. Have had some successes and failures. What I would specifically like to hear from you is how taking the THC out of the equation is somehow going to help my auto immune disorder? I get an attitude adjustment from the effects of the THC along with what ever I get from the CBD. How is it that I must ditch the good THC effects to get the good effects from the CBD? Is it that the THC somehow hampers the CBD? 

ya this thread is hijiaked..  Tons of people using cbd to treat pain with great results.. just use google.  Got some  CW the other day that is great too... How we discovered it was pure ratios patches... tried the 1.1   2.1  and the just cbd patch    the 1.1  worked but the cbd and the 2.1 was far better less side effects.

I'm asking you for your own personal experience and of those that your medicine has touched their lives. I'm not going to count on google. Your real life experience is priceless, google, not so much .......