New Medical Marijuana Laws Set Industry 'on Steroids'

bobandtorey

steroids.   ya right... still cant find a cbd medicine clone in the entire industry.

This is where the thread went off the original track and started helping people with a specific need expressed. It's a person crying out for help with a problem. To that we have tried to help with an alternative. Not something to look down on. It's people helping people. 

Wow CBD works wonders you guys should try it... If you have an auto immune condition's the stuff is amasing   I was led to believe the lies that cbd was not that good   gave you headaches ect  boy they were wrong. 

Marijuana shows potential in treating autoimmune disease Date: June 2, 2014 Source: University of South Carolina Summary: Researchers have discovered a novel pathway through which marijuana's main active constituent, THC, can suppress the body's immune functions. The recent findings show that THC can change critical molecules of epigenome called histones, leading to suppression of inflammation.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140602150914.htm

Hey, that's me. Been experimenting with cannabis for that since the late 70's. Have had some successes and failures. What I would specifically like to hear from you is how taking the THC out of the equation is somehow going to help my auto immune disorder? I get an attitude adjustment from the effects of the THC along with what ever I get from the CBD. How is it that I must ditch the good THC effects to get the good effects from the CBD? Is it that the THC somehow hampers the CBD? 

Who said YOU have to take out THC?  The entourage effect still works.  SOME people can't handle THC.

Who said YOU have to take out THC?  The entourage effect still works.  SOME people can't handle THC.

Then they should try to remove it as I have advised. Might work quite well. Then you don't need any special strains or patches, etc. You can make what they need out of what the rest of your patients use regularly. The majority of patients deal well with THC. The minority could be easily catered to using the same exact oil after it's tailored to their needs. The first thing any good caregiver would do would be to carefully see what a patient needs. My plan works with that philosophy. It's how I roll. Start with a whole product and subtract what they don't want, or what doesn't work, in any application. I use heat, cold. and filtering to do that. Pretty good way to go for the general caregiver.

https://www.projectcbd.org/inflammation

https://www.projectcbd.org/conditions

No one is saying the entourage effect isn't key.  I'm only saying that some find higher CBD to be more beneficial than higher THC and resto is saying CBD isn't really needed for anything or it's needed in very low doses and it's a bunk cannabinoid, that THC is the only real medicine in MJ.  You guys just don't want to do the research or hear that anything other than THC is medicinal.  There's hundreds of different meds in MJ that interact in a ton of different ways but you think you know it all and CBD is bunk or overrated.

Then they should try to remove it as I have advised. Might work quite well. Then you don't need any special strains or patches, etc. You can make what they need out of what the rest of your patients use regularly. The majority of patients deal well with THC. The minority could be easily catered to using the same exact oil after it's tailored to their needs. The first thing any good caregiver would do would be to carefully see what a patient needs. My plan works with that philosophy. It's how I roll. Start with a whole product and subtract what they don't want, or what doesn't work, in any application. I use heat, cold. and filtering to do that. Pretty good way to go for the general caregiver.

BS, you don't grow any hi CBD and low THC strains.  How would you know?  You think CBD is only needed if you overdose on THC.  You just don't have the experience so you don't actually know anything about CBD.

https://www.projectcbd.org/inflammation

https://www.projectcbd.org/conditions

No one is saying the entourage effect isn't key.  I'm only saying that some find higher CBD to be more beneficial than higher THC and resto is saying CBD isn't really needed for anything or it's needed in very low doses and it's a bunk cannabinoid, that THC is the only real medicine in MJ.  You guys just don't want to do the research or hear that anything other than THC is medicinal.  There's hundreds of different meds in MJ that interact in a ton of different ways but you think you know it all and CBD is bunk or overrated.

That's exactly what I'm NOT saying. I like a whole product whenever possible. I have found that works the best for the majority of patients. Most of the time what I'm removing is plant sugars, fats, and waxes, to fit certain applications.

BS, you don't grow any hi CBD and low THC strains.  How would you know?  You think CBD is only needed if you overdose on THC.  You just don't have the experience so you don't actually know anything about CBD.

I grow strains that have a lot of cannabinoids. I extract cannabis oil from them. Keep a whole product oil around. I tailor that to fit the needs of the patients I help.

Edited by Restorium2

That's exactly what I'm NOT saying. I like a whole product whenever possible. I have found that works the best for the majority of patients. Most of the time what I'm removing is plant sugars, fats, and waxes, to fit certain applications.

You like whole plant product if IT IS LOW IN CBD AND HI IN THC, YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIMENTED WITH ANY OTHER.  You haven't even got your strains tested to see if they even have CBD in them.  Most have a big N/D under the CBD column.  You think the strains bred for hi THC are "natural" or the only things we have to work with.  You are a THC elitist. You don't even acknowledge the medicinal benefits of terpenes, you think there are different kinds of THC other than THCV, delta 9 and delta8.

In today's news  

In Switzerland, Low THC Cannabis Is Big Money

By Chris Roberts on March 27, 2017

https://cannabisnow.com/switzerland-low-thc-cannabis-big-money/?utm_content=buffer1da05&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Again  if  it did not work people would not be buying it....

Edited by cristinew

You like whole plant product if IT IS LOW IN CBD AND HI IN THC, YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIMENTED WITH ANY OTHER.  You haven't even got your strains tested to see if they even have CBD in them.  Most have a big N/D under the CBD column.  You think the strains bred for hi THC are "natural" or the only things we have to work with.  You are a THC elitist. You don't even acknowledge the medicinal benefits of terpenes, you think there are different kinds of THC other than THCV, delta 9 and delta8.

Three of the 4 strains I use have been tested. The 4th one is a cross of two of the ones that have been tested. So they all have CBD. Probably much more than you are starting with. 

It would be much better for your argument to stay on the topic and not on what you don't know about me personally. 

And we know people are buying it because companies advertising the product say so? From my perspective, I've seen the majority of CBD-only product companies, whether extracting from hemp or medical marijuana, have completely disappeared in the past 5-6 years, sometimes pursuant to complaints to the FDA regarding composition or medical claims, sometimes not. New players come up all the time, make a big deal about how high-CBD, low-THC marijuana is the big rage and works so well, but then they are out of business a few weeks or months later.

Any long-term players that are making loads of money selling CBD-only concoctions?

Of course no links  7000 in the FB group get relief      

Cannabis CBD Extract Market Booming | 700% Growth Projected

https://www.cbdbusinessblog.com/2016/12/13/cannabis-cbd-extract-market-booming-700-growth-projected/ 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/debraborchardt/2016/12/12/the-cannabis-market-that-could-grow-700-by-2020/#63b3569b4be1 

Cannabidiol (CBD) is the part of the cannabis plant that doesn't get you “high” like the THC side of the plant. It is typically used for health reasons instead of for recreational purposes. The CBD products are either derived from industrial hemp plants or marijuana plants.

The Hemp Business Journal estimated that the CBD market will grow to a $2.1 billion market in consumer sales by 2020 with $450 million of those sales coming from hemp-based sources. That's a 700% increase from 2016. In 2015, the market for consumer sales of hemp-derived CBD products was $90 million, plus another $112 million in marijuana-derived CBD products which were sold through dispensaries – bringing a total CBD market to $202 million last year.

Matt Karnes of Greenwave Advisors is even more optimistic about the growth of the CBD market saying, “In terms of the CBD market size, I estimate an almost $3 billion market by 2021. Right now there are 15 states that allow CBD only -- this is in addition to the 28 states plus DC that have legalized medical marijuana.”

You are correct. I haven't had isolated CBD all by itself. 

You have? What have you yourself used it for exactly? What was your personal experience like? 

Yet you are giving advice on how to do it and say it will work, without EVER doing it?

Why don't you answer some questions instead of expecting everyone to answer you?  Don't you think that people deserve to have their questions answered too?  You Zap and Mal do this ALL the time.  You drop out, dont answer any of the hard questions and highlight exactly what you want to answer and then expect everyone to give you guys all the answers YOU want and all the research YOU ask for.  And then you just dispbelieve it. 

So do you now believe in testing facilities or do you still think they are nothing but a scam.  I notice you brag about test results when it suits you and then think all testing facilities are just scams all the rest of the time.  Care to answer that one or the other one about CBD content in your strains and a link to the test?

Edited by ANHEMP