New Medical Marijuana Laws Set Industry 'on Steroids'

bobandtorey

Well you are doing a terrible job.  Care to explain. 

How can an ounce of equally dried MJ that has a ratio of 15% THC by weight have more THC than an ounce of MJ that has 25% THC?  Why use the term a 15% plant can have more than another "plant".  please speak plainly and define.

Because percentages are only expressing ratios of narrowly defined parameters.

Now I'm starting to think YOU have no clue what you are talking about.  Care to explain the process?  You are talking in snipets that don't really mean anything.  What are these narrowly defined parameters and how are they defined?  Do you really understand this?  Is Zap right they only test percentages of resin and if so are waxes terpenes and flavenoids part of these resins and isn't THC and other cannabinoids found inside the plant material also?

Edited by ANHEMP

My testing is specifically with patients using oil in gel capsules. In that specific application we all found the effects very similar between buds vs. leaves. 

That doesn't necessarily mean the cannabinoid profiles were similar or the same for vaping, etc.  Esp if you decarbed for the ingestion of capsules.  But that's what Skunk Pharm says. :)

What is the total weight of resin produced by the plant, and how does it factor into the cannabinoid percentages displayed on these reports? From what I have seen in the past, the labs are reporting the percentage of cannabinoids in the resin, rather than including the weight of the plant material. Perhaps there are different measurements done in different labs?

Some give total useable cannabinoid profiles with weight.  Th  hash tests and medibles and oil have a milligram weight on them.  If they are measuring a gram of oil and it's 69%THC it says there are 690 milligrams of THC present.  That isn't necessarily decarbed so it may not give the total useable weight(after releasing the NOOH during decarb to make it useable).  I've seen it measured differently with different labs/machines but don't understand how he's talking, like if the 15% came from the bottom of a plant, since cannabinoid profiles vary depending on where the buds were that you used for the test.  The whole plant varies.  So i really haven't got enough info from him to know what he's talking about. 

Anyway, considering it is a weighed and standardized process in each place i don't see anyway a 25% THC plant could have less THC than a 15% plant unless he was talking about a difference in water weight.  Everything else should be pretty much standardized.  At least such that a 10% difference in thc % would have THAT much of a difference.

What difference does it make if patient outcomes are the same Norby?

Norby?  Oh ya he was one of the people who no longer post here.  I saw him make some pretty good points over the time I've been viewing here.  too bad he left huh?

How would you know that the patient outcomes would be the same across the board for every disease?  You are talking experience with the PHYSICAL effects of your 5 patients.  Any have alzheimers, parkinsons, cancer, seizures etc. or was it just for chronic pain?  If for cancer, etc. was there anything measured by testing labs as to growths or actual, not perceived, progress between the 2?  Seems like you are speaking from a very small window of view.  Besides it contradicts what your almighty reference site says.  So now because it doesn't agree with you it's not a good reference site?

Norby?  Oh ya he was one of the people who no longer post here.  I saw him make some pretty good points over the time I've been viewing here.  too bad he left huh?

How would you know that the patient outcomes would be the same across the board for every disease?  You are talking experience with the PHYSICAL effects of your 5 patients.  Any have alzheimers, parkinsons, cancer, seizures etc. or was it just for chronic pain?  If for cancer, etc. was there anything measured by testing labs as to growths or actual, not perceived, progress between the 2?  Seems like you are speaking from a very small window of view.  Besides it contradicts what your almighty reference site says.  So now because it doesn't agree with you it's not a good reference site?

So you want to outright lie now? How sad.

I answered a specific question with a specific answer and you took my answer out of context. You are just here to mess things up. You should be ashamed. 

So you are saying that Norby didn't make any contributions to the site?  I don't think that's a lie.

Now you are the victim?  Ya right.

How did I take it out of context?  I merely asked for you to extrapolate the meaning and boundaries of your statement.

Sorry, not ashamed in the least.  mess things up?  That alludes to you having a specific vision for this site and I'm somehow destroying that vision?  The vision for the site should be the truth in all statements.  not who's right but what's right.  How now am I "messing that up"?

Edited by ANHEMP

Isn't the percentage expressed in these reports simply the percentage of cannabinoids present, without relation to the weight of the herb sample? I have seen a couple of different methods, but it seems like several labs disregard the weight of the plant material.

percentage has to be in relation to something. Now I am curious. 

How did I take it out of context?  I merely asked for you to extrapolate the meaning and boundaries of your statement.

Sorry, not ashamed in the least.  mess things up?  That alludes to you having a specific vision for this site and I'm somehow destroying that vision?  The vision for the site should be the truth in all statements.  not who's right but what's right.  How now am I "messing that up"?

You took it out of context by moving to vaping when Higlander already covered the differnece by mentioning the added waxes.

So you are saying that Norby didn't make any contributions to the site?  I don't think that's a lie.

Just the pure lying deception of pretending to be someone else. Sock puppet. When I came back after being banned I was myself. I made sure everyone knew it. I just put a 2 after my original name. You just slink in and lie like a weasel. 

Have any of you who have been doing extractions for a long time found similarities/differences between oil extracted from buds vs. leaves?  I would assume leaf extractions would have more wax, but are the cannabinoid profiles similar?

NO, he asked if cannabinoid profiles were similar.  i assume he meant terpenes and flavenoids also since they react to tailor the effects of cannabinoids and would go into a "difference" between the 2.

You took it out of context by moving to vaping when Higlander already covered the differnece by mentioning the added waxes.

Just the pure lying deception of pretending to be someone else. Sock puppet. When I came back after being banned I was myself. I made sure everyone knew it. I just put a 2 after my original name. You just slink in and lie like a weasel. 

I'm not lying.  First off, if I was the same person who was behind the Norby avatar, I never said i wasn't.  An avatar is just that.  A screen personna.  Do you post your real name here?  Didn't think so.  So maybe I am the same person who posted in the past under that avatar, maybe I'm not.  but you never really asked anything you just assumed I was and assumed I should just answer a question that wasn't directly asked.  Sorry you should be more pointed and specific.

And to clarify further Highlander asked if there was any difference in the cannabinoid profile.  he never specified edibles or vaping or anything else.  You said they were the same according to your patients without mentioning medibles or vaping.  Very broad statement that was untrue.  I was just getting you to narrow your statement to reflect the truth.  For medibles that were decarbed, a lot of the terpenes and flavenoids and some cannabinoids were probably boiled off, making them more similar.  And with the narrow range of patients diseases you tested for you can not make that sweeping of a statement without quantifying what you were treating for.  People could assume too many falsities with your statement.  Merely getting you to clarify the parameters of your tests to get a truthful statement.

Could you point out where they were addressed?  I saw some questions from you but no answers to those questions.  i certainly didn't see a description of how an oz of 15% THC MJ could have more than 1 oz of 25% THC MJ.  Only some cryptic, "it's a narrow view of a specific set of circumstances" or some such non description.  But if there is an explanation somewhere I'd love to see it.

If there is a flaw it was in the description, not the interpretation.

Edited by ANHEMP

The 15% or 25% is not relative to the weight of the sample, that is the easiest way to say it.

Exactly. After the lab analyzes the sample they divide the weight of the total cannabinoids by the weight of the specific cannabinoid they want the percentage of. The weight of the sample doesn't matter at that point. A sample can bring a lot of cannabinoids or not much. So one sample might be 45% THC and not have as much THC as one that has 15% THC but brings a lot of cannabinoids to the table. 

No they don't it's % THC(cbd, etc) according to the total mass of the sample.  That's how you get the mg/g estimates for making medibes and it comes out pretty darn correct/close.  That's how they get mg accuracies for kief medibles.  Somehow you have it confused that they only measure the oil content  of the sample.  Very low resin samples come out really low on the active cannabinoids.  If not they'd all be closer together and add up to 100% if they only measured cannabinoids against cannabinoids or oils in the sample.  They'd have to be able to test for ll 100+ cannabinoids to be able to get relative % compared to each other.

http://hightimes.com/grow/thca-vs-thc-how-to-read-a-lab-result/

Think about it.  How many test results have you seen over 30% active cannabinoids and flavenoids, etc. If THC is the most abundant and there are 100 more and the next most abundant are .1 to .3 % what other cannabinoids and such are in there to make up the other 50+%?  %water weight is even listed on thee samples.  It's % of mass not relative to each other.

So, to recap, the current labs:

1) are inaccurate and non-standardized,

2) produce results that do not/cannot indicate anything about medical marijuana efficacy for an individual patient,

3) lie about caregivers and the safety of their products,

4) spend hundreds of thousands of dollars convincing legislators bent on destroying the patient caregiver system to pass laws to benefit their commercial interests.

Oh  and i also agree