New Medical Marijuana Laws Set Industry 'on Steroids'

bobandtorey

Planet Green Trees interviewed representatives from Iron Labs and several others that were operating at the time (very early, probably 2012), and each one reported the percentage number differently. I would imagine that each lab has a different way of doing things, still, as they report wildly varying results from the same or similar samples, from what I've heard from those who test on a regular basis. Everybody that does test frequently has one lab they "trust" and thinks the rest are inaccurate.

Considering I see no #'s and considering that the different parts of the plant have different percentages i can't really judge with the info you've given me.

now to say they can't and don't represent anything towards the efficacy toward any individual patient is really stretching a somewhat true but misleading statement.  There are tons of reports about the medical benefits of different terpenes, cannabinoids and flavenoids and what they do, such as fight cancer, have antibacterial, antifungal, vasodilation, and countless other benefits.  How anyone will react to these components is anyones guess.  But they do have proven benefits and a lab can tell if it's in the profile or not and how much.  I won't argue accuracy but it can be easily tested by getting a gram of oil tested and tehn making edibles with a gram of he same oil and testing all teh medibles and adding up the mg present in each one.  Some labs are better than others, just like some hospitals and drs and caregivers are better than others.  But since I've tried out labs to find out % in kief I made and then predicted mg doses in medibles and it came out pretty close, I don't think they are generally as off as you think.  esp the 2 top labs around.  Saying they aren't perfect is one thing but I see you and others have a bigger beef with them and go way beyond biased with anything having to do with them. 

And that explains Mals ducking out of the conversation.  He was always wrong, knew he was wrong and he just wanted to discredit them.  Their measurements are by WEIGHT.  There is no way other than moisture that a 15% sample could have more THC than a 25%.  You guys just fell in line because someone was lab bashing and YOU don't know anything about their methods.  Now if you want to throw in dispensary testing and methods other than GC and the machines the labs use and depending on how trained the individual is using it then we're opening to much more of an unregulated and uncaring group(used car salesman).  But this is about the 2-4 major labs that advertise and have drop offs at most of the major dispensaries.

And you are saying, with  the measly #'s of tests and how much they cost, tehy are making enough to sepnd HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of $ when teh biggest pharma co against MJ only spent 500k in az towards killing a legalization bill?  Any record of this $ and a tally?

Edited by ANHEMP

So you are saying decarb weight?  That's your answer, if it's old it has more THC because it's naturally decarbed?  Weak.

As long as you are consistent with the same company, you at least have a scale and a record of how many different cannabinoids and terpenes are present and amounts.

How do these places get to have more cannabis on hand then i or you ?

Those figures were molecular weight for molarity calculations, not actual weight. They didn't need much cannabis to do the experiments. The scientists are most likely patients, how else would they be so smart and unbiased? 

If it was up to me all cannabis test results would be in terms of molarity. http://www.chembuddy.com/?left=concentration&right=percentage-to-molarity