What's So Great About Cbd?

Is that why Norby got kicked off.  I heard there was no warning, he said that you could just ask him to leave but I heard he just showed up and wasn't welcome here anymore.  Kinda slimy to kick someone off without warning when he asked to be asked to leave if he didn't fit in. 

So what's your excuse? :)  And EVERYONE on this site is pretending to be someone else silly billy.

You heard? Whaaaat? How did you hear? Did Norby tell you that? Does Norby still talk to you? Can you see how nutso that is?

It's the whole deal for caregivers, what works for who. It's what we do. 

It's the most important thing. It's what is separating me from your present personality. You say you don't give a fuk and I care. Makes all the difference. 

Out of context.  And you don't care what works for who as you don't offer any higher ratio CBD plants.  How would you know if ANY of your patients would benefit?  You don't care and you are trying to justify it.

And you're trying to tell me that you have all 72 used up on hi THC plants and couldn't set aside room for 1 oz or 1 plant of hi CBD to give to any new patients to try and mix in and see if they'd benefit from a different CBD/THC ratio?  Hmmm.  I have found that 3 of 6 of us like to use 50/50's and that 2 of the other 3 like to have a higher CBD strain on hand for certain situations.  They all think it's medicine and use it in differing amounts.  I probably use mostly 50/50's, my cancer patient uses it at night and another pain patient uses it every other day or so while the other 2 use it for concerts, outings etc. 

So read it again without using your bias against me to pick out a single line out of context.  people can see right thru it, it makes you look dense when the explanation is in the next unhighlighted sentence.

Edited by ANHEMP

Get over it.

What does it feel like to switch personalities? Does cannabis help you? Special strains for it? 

I noticed Norby said he hated confrontation and now this ANHEMP seems to thrive on it. 

Is there a 'switch' that goes off or do you seamlessly slide over to the other personality? Are there more? 

Back to my topic;

CBD is likely the most abundant cannabinoid, nearly 40% of a cannabis plant’s resin.

where do they get this number? i havent seen any plant with 40% cbd so far.

Think about all that hemp growing wild that has mostly only CBD cannabinoid. It can be over 90% CBD by percentage of cannabinoid. That's where the 40% comes from, when the wild cannabis is factored in. 

What does it feel like to switch personalities? Does cannabis help you? Special strains for it? 

I noticed Norby said he hated confrontation and now this ANHEMP seems to thrive on it. 

Is there a 'switch' that goes off or do you seamlessly slide over to the other personality? Are there more? 

If you'd like me to leave you alone, stop spreading lies about cannabinoids and stick to one argument.

It would be no worse than you switching your story half way thru an argument.  Any special strains for that.  Does THC help you deal with your bruised ego when changing your argument?  Are you for or against CBD, do you even know anymore?

If you'd like me to leave you alone, stop spreading lies about cannabinoids and stick to one argument.

It would be no worse than you switching your story half way thru an argument.  Any special strains for that.  Does THC help you deal with your bruised ego when changing your argument?  Are you for or against CBD, do you even know anymore?

I noticed when you are Norby you are more passive. And you wrote your name the regular way. But when you switch over to ANHEMP you type it all caps, aggressive, angry. Are there many more of your people around? I'm thinking when there are two there are probably many more. Is there ever a day when you just stay one person? 

Back to my topic;

Think about all that hemp growing wild that has mostly only CBD cannabinoid. It can be over 90% CBD by percentage of cannabinoid. That's where the 40% comes from, when the wild cannabis is factored in. 

It says that CBD makes up 40% of A cannabis plants resin.  They're pulling #'s out of the air for effect.  There is NOTHING behind that statement except probably misinterpretation of a single lab test.  They can't even figure how much is spent in the US let alone ever make a statement on percentage of the cannabinoid worldwide.

I noticed when you are Norby you are more passive. And you wrote your name the regular way. But when you switch over to ANHEMP you type it all caps, aggressive, angry. Are there many more of your people around? I'm thinking when there are two there are probably many more. Is there ever a day when you just stay one person? 

Is that what you notice?  Maybe we are 2 different people?  Paranoia getting to ya, now everyone is this Norby guy?

Sorry, should I bold everything I want people to see?

Edited by ANHEMP

Is that what you notice?  Maybe we are 2 different people?  Paranoia getting to ya, now everyone is this Norby guy?

I have heard that people like you have a hard time separating your personalities. Like you really are two different people. Like when you said that Norby told you.  Is Norby the only one talking to you about this? Is he there on your shoulder all the time? Someone on the other shoulder? Like a good guy on one side and a bad guy on the other? 

I have heard that people like you have a hard time separating your personalities. Like you really are two different people. Like when you said that Norby told you.  Is Norby the only one talking to you about this? Is he there on your shoulder all the time? Someone on the other shoulder? Like a good guy on one side and a bad guy on the other? 

you got it.  the duality of man. :)

How do you explain your personalities? 

I haven't helped an autism or alzheimers patient yet. I have helped plenty of alcoholics break the cycle of addiction with cannabis. 

I honestly can't say what in cannabis helped the alcoholics. I think God would only know that. If I was guessing I would guess it was the buzz. The altered state. The substitution of one altered state for another. I know it works. And every strong strain I have tried worked. I had a weak crop a year ago. The grow room was hot and the plants were a little scraggly. You had to use more to get an altered state. The alcoholic folks I know said it didn't work for them and they started drinking more again. So I know what doesn't work for the alcoholic patients I know. They need strong cannabis with some 'high' to it for it to work. No high, no good. 

You see I don't say some component of cannabis helped a patient. That would be 'unreal' to me. Above my pay grade. At my level of understanding I just take them one at a time and do my best to help. That's the way it has been for decades. Building an understanding of what works by having a reference from probably over 1000 individuals over the years. 

I haven't had any child patients yet. If I did I would put the buds in the oven until when I tried them I didn't get high and then cook them even more. I would try that if I didn't want a patient to get a strong altered state. I know I can cook buds like that and eliminate the buzz totally. I've done that but have not tried it on a patient that demands no buzz. I'm sure there are folks it could help. I'm sure I will get to try that someday. But for now I just know you can take the buzz away with heat because I have done that. 

Hard to say whether this effect has anything at all to do with CBD, as several chemical changes happen when you apply heat to cannabis oil.

Right, that's hard to say.  But what we 'can say' is that you can definitely remove the 'high' with heat. And some patients have reportedly said they don't want the high. A heat treated cannabis would fit that and may still have something in it that would help them, just like the anecdotal evidence that some have reported that cannabis without the high helped them. It's always worth a try to open up access for people who don't have one of these 'no high, high CBD' strains. I see a need expressed here on the site that there's a lack of cannabis out there that doesn't get you high. Whether that need is a huge thing or a tiny thing there's a way to make any cannabis not make you high. That's the bottom line. Heat will do that. You can't show me a cannabis that heat will not slowly diminish the high. Infinitely adjust the high down. That is real and repeatable with all stains of cannabis. You can make any strain 'not' make you high, or make you 'less high'.

Sounds like a possible, partial explanation but I have issue with some of his understanding.  First off the glyphosate in vaccines.  Someone who IS a scientist and understands the work wouldn't just assume there is glyphosate in vaccines from the study for moms of America.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/09/20/glyphosate-herbicide-vaccines-frightened-parents-know/

Secondly, unless THC is CAUSING inflammation in the brain then there is another method at which CBD counters the anxiety induced in some people by THC.  Also the study about people with a problem speaking in front of crowds or social anxiety being helped by CBD is also suspect that it's from inflammation. 

I'm sure he's probably on to something as the 3 of us who tend more towards CBD would probably be put somewhere on the spectrum but I doubt his whole theory is right. 

Also 2.5mg/lb is a HUGE amount of CBD.  No one that I know of has used that amount of CBD and the studies I've seen have used up to 20mg/kg with no adverse reactions in dogs, humans or rats. So even though I don't know about downregulation of CB2 receptors causing a pro inflammatory state, my wife will look that up as she said it sounds a little suspect according to other research, esp research that has shown no adverse effects at 20mg/kg and the woman who cured her pulmonary fibrosis by using a gram a day of CBD oil and the people who cured their diabetes(healed their pancreas?) by using large amounts of CBD oil.  Sounds interesting though.

Edited by ANHEMP

Right, that's hard to say.  But what we 'can say' is that you can definitely remove the 'high' with heat. And some patients have reportedly said they don't want the high. A heat treated cannabis would fit that and may still have something in it that would help them, just like the anecdotal evidence that some have reported that cannabis without the high helped them. It's always worth a try to open up access for people who don't have one of these 'no high, high CBD' strains. I see a need expressed here on the site that there's a lack of cannabis out there that doesn't get you high. Whether that need is a huge thing or a tiny thing there's a way to make any cannabis not make you high. That's the bottom line. Heat will do that. You can't show me a cannabis that heat will not slowly diminish the high. Infinitely adjust the high down. That is real and repeatable with all stains of cannabis. You can make any strain 'not' make you high, or make you 'less high'.

Ya but you are destroying a LOT of other flavenoids, cannibinoids and terpenes by adding heat and they could help a LOT with the entourage effect.  Maybe it's better to just use something low in THC to start with?  Instead of trying to waste something that's perfectly fine for other diseases or people.  You are destroying much more than THC when you heat to destroy the THC.  Beta caryophyllene, which he cited as a great medicine, boils off at 264.  By boiling cannabis to get rid of the THC you'd destroy any of that medicine that was in the cannabis, degrading the medical benefits.

Admit it, $25 for a clone of Huel Perkins Cannatonic and you don't have to do all the work you're suggesting and have a much better chance of it working.

Edited by ANHEMP

Ya but you are destroying a LOT of other flavenoids, cannibinoids and terpenes by adding heat and they could help a LOT with the entourage effect.  Maybe it's better to just use something low in THC to start with?

Yes. If you have something that doesn't get you high already then use that.

For a caregiver like me that has all current patients that don't want that then it would have to be a crop failure to even have that around. I barely keep up with my patients and stay legal on my count. For someone in my situation it would be better to be able to adjust down the high rather than commit some of the plant count to a strain that doesn't work for most all current patients. And then you have people here saying they can't even get the strains they want that don't get you high. Since I know how to make cannabis not get you high then that's worth a try.

I don't know that the focus on the "high" is necessarily pertinent here, either.

No? A few here on this web site have said their patients that liked the advertised CBD strains liked it because they didn't get high. And you see the advertisements all over the place about not getting high and using CBD for that. Even if you think it's all wrong you still have to address the need expressed here.

I'm paying attention and listening to people and their patient outcomes, addressing those with my 'ideas'. Some say the patients don't want the 'high', when they talk about CBD. 

Just do a google search and you see it right away;

• All Healing, No High: Dispensary Offers High-CBD Pot ...

www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/05/all_healing_no_high_dispensary...

Strains of high-CBD medical marijuana currently available from Elemental Wellness include True Blueberry flower, Harlequin flower, Full Spectrum high CBD hash, ...

• CBD: Marijuana Compound Has No High, But Relieves Pain ...

www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/10/cbd_marijuana_compound_has_no_high...

CBD, the second major cannabinoid in pot after THC, has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, but no psychoactive effects, according to the scientists ...

If you say so.  I just don't see how someone wouldnt have a place for 2-3 hi cbd plants when they can have 72 plants and are only serving 5 patients.  You can grow them any size and only have one in veg and one in flower at a time.  But you know you're patients right. 

I think that is some of it, but what this thread has evolved into, I think, is looking at the actual efficacy of CBD. There are several high-CBD low-THC strains available in Michigan, and lots of people have experience with them now. The vast majority of patients who try them find those strains ineffective, while some find it helps them the way no other strain has in the past.

What Dr. Bogner went into on last night's PGT explains that phenomena well, I think, or at least gets us closer to understanding why people have such divergent experiences here.

I don't think we are talking about the lame "no-high" CBD marketing anymore.

This thread is about the marketing of CBD and the people who post here saying they can't get what they need. What they have carefully explained to me as their patient needs. That's what is important. That's what I started it as and that's what I will continue to bring it back to. 

If you say so.  I just don't see how someone wouldnt have a place for 2-3 hi cbd plants when they can have 72 plants and are only serving 5 patients.  You can grow them any size and only have one in veg and one in flower at a time.  But you know you're patients right. 

I'll think about doing that. I'm been growing cycle to cycle to cycle for over 8 years now for patients. Never get a break. Never get ahead. Always lean. Always planning on how to keep up. It's a struggle. I curb my patients already to not spread it around to others. The need is endless for me. The space under my lights is precious.