Light Leaks - Are They Really That Bad?

About three years ago I found myself in a situation where I had to move fairly quickly (bought a house and sold a house).  I set up new veg and flower rooms and didn't have a lot of time to eliminate all light leaks to the flower room.  Among other things, the panda film I used as a divider between the veg and flower rooms lets some light through.  I planned to get around to sealing things better but never saw any issues as a result of the light leaks so I didn't make it a priority.  Eventually I got progressively lazier  and got into the habit of leaving the door to the flower room open, which allowed quite a bit of light in from the veg room during "lights out" time.  I have not seen any negative effects - no hermies, no extended flower time, no loss of yield.

So my question to others who have maybe had similar experience is, are light leaks really a problem?  If so, I haven't seen it.

About three years ago I found myself in a situation where I had to move fairly quickly (bought a house and sold a house). I set up new veg and flower rooms and didn't have a lot of time to eliminate all light leaks to the flower room. Among other things, the panda film I used as a divider between the veg and flower rooms lets some light through. I planned to get around to sealing things better but never saw any issues as a result of the light leaks so I didn't make it a priority. Eventually I got progressively lazier and got into the habit of leaving the door to the flower room open, which allowed quite a bit of light in from the veg room during "lights out" time. I have not seen any negative effects - no hermies, no extended flower time, no loss of yield.

So my question to others who have maybe had similar experience is, are light leaks really a problem? If so, I haven't seen it.

I have been the same way for awhile leaving door open letting light in. With multiple strains and have yet to get seeds.

My understanding is as long as the light is no brighter than a full moon you should be ok. I leave my flower room open regularly and have seen no issues.

Well most people I know grow in tight spaces my entire grow area is my utility / furnace room and the veg room is on 24/7 if I left my door open on accident im positive that ill see hermie issues.

I've had some light leaks off and on. Natural sun light and HID light at times,can't say I've ever seen seeds from it, with at least 30 different strains. just my personal experience but its not something I get concerned with much anymore.

Its kind of how I feel about pH. Don't remember the last time I checked or really cared about it with zero negative effect. Maybe I've just been lucky ☺ just my personal experience