Recreational Marijuana Petitions For The Ballot Initiative Are Now Available

william7

As Wild Bill suggested, here's a thread for showing where to go to sign the petition. I signed the petition at Grow Masters in Menominee. Their address is: 2900 10th St, Menominee, MI 49858.

The man running the store gave me the leaflet below about a cannabis legalization meeting to be held locally. He said it was from NORML.

He also advised me that a lot of signatures were rejected for the 2016 petition because people didn't write their names exactly as they appeared in the voter registration. He said many people were too high when they signed.

kO5TZFB.jpg

This was just a statement about something somebody said and u called the poster an anti and a liar, shame on you rest shame.

In the past, I've noticed that zapatosunidos posts were always thoughtful and informative and that he is an educated and reasonable man. So this leads me to the obvious conclusion that this must be a family matter. And this is understandable to me. We can't begin to know the type of duress zapatosunidos is under and we should not judge him harshly on this. He does a great job with this website.

My request to zapatosunidos is that he help get this thread back on track as Wild Bill wanted it. I would really like to know where others are signing the petition and what their experiences were. Does anybody know where to go to sign the petition in the Thumb region - particularly in Bad Axe? I have friends in that area who want to sign it.

My last post to Restorium2 is a plea. Please follow the example of zapatosunidos. You'll do much better.

This campaign is the last big public educational process we are likely to have. We should endeavor to make it the best we can to avoid future issues, if at all possible. "Too high to sign your own name" is really bad education.

I definitely agree with this. If right wing, conservative types, who are opposed to legalizing cannabis, picked up on it they might try to exploit the idea to their advantage.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

Man you should've thought that way with Resto and MiLegalize!!!!!!!  R U Fuking kidding me?  Now you're worried.  You sure didn't seem to care with 4210 and the medibles bill.  Just wondering why you are all over the place on enforcement and rules with these efforts.  Why now do you care?  I'm not stupid I can see when things change abruptly in this place.

Anybody pushing petitions is educating voters on the issue. Every conversation is an opportunity to educate, for better or worse. Can you really not understand this, or just trying to bait me?

Then the backhanded comment spreads. It spreads first onto this site, and unopposed, becomes whatever truth means these days.

This is just the beginning, and an opportunity to succeed or fail at voter education.

That's what happens. We have even seen antis reference on-line discussions (including this website) in the past. Reporters and antis love finding and spreading this sort of thing.

Good, you can throw it back in their face by stating that you wrote that and it was a lie!  Cause internet discussions are the highest form of fact checking.  Any cop can go undercover on any website anywhere and write whatever they want(lies or truth).  R u saying that is what we're fighting against and that this statement, that people were too stoned to sign the forms right is something to worry about?

Good, you can throw it back in their face by stating that you wrote that and it was a lie! Cause internet discussions are the highest form of fact checking. Any cop can go undercover on any website anywhere and write whatever they want(lies or truth). R u saying that is what we're fighting against and that this statement, that people were too stoned to sign the forms right is something to worry about?

I absolutely believe it's something to worry about. A drama queen reporter can point to this website and say "look what I found on a cannabis advocacy website." And uninformed readers will gobble it up. If we learned one thing in last years' election, it's that media and sheep eat this stuff up.

No cannabis-supporting website should allow such rhetoric. This isn't news media. It isn't supposed to be fair and balanced, whatever that means nowadays. It's biased in favor of anti-prohibitionists. And, frankly, should be censored accordingly. I don't think the MMMA ever thought it should present opposing views equally. It isn't a platform for antis to gain equal footing. It's a platform for pro-cannabis folks to advance the position.

Good, you can throw it back in their face by stating that you wrote that and it was a lie!  Cause internet discussions are the highest form of fact checking.  Any cop can go undercover on any website anywhere and write whatever they want(lies or truth).  R u saying that is what we're fighting against and that this statement, that people were too stoned to sign the forms right is something to worry about?

I totally agree! I put that out there in the interest of fact checking and debate. The antis are always going to lie and twist things around. I think that most people that come to this website come to be educated. We shouldn't disappoint them by holding anything back. I think democracy and the freedom of speech require the unhindered free flow of information and ideas.

Edited by william7

It probably started out as a sarcastic joke and someone didn't understand that it was a joke.

But whatever, your site run it as you will.

Are you seriously saying the statement is nothing to worry about? What if this was the pitch of every petition gatherer in the state, immediately prior to the campaign? Would it not matter at all? I'm not sure you have a full grasp of what is going on right now.

The MPP initiative will be on the ballot, and is pretty likely to pass. Whether it works negatively or positively for patients, their caregivers, and other cannabis users is directly related to this campaign and what people think about marijuana.

The MILegalize never was a campaign, strangely enough.

Edited by ANHEMP

It probably started out as a sarcastic joke and someone didn't understand that it was a joke. 

No, the guy wasn't joking. But, I'm now thinking what he probably saw was a large number of youth coming in to sign the petition who weren't even of voting age. It's what we would of done as teens when I was a kid. We would of turned it into a big get together and everybody would've been talking about they signed the petition too.

No, the guy wasn't joking. But, I'm now thinking what he probably saw was a large number of youth coming in to sign the petition who weren't even of voting age. It's what we would of done as teens when I was a kid. We would of turned it into a big get together and everybody would've been talking about they signed the petition too.

I didn't say the guy you heard it from was joking.  Someone probably said it as a joke and someone believed it at some point and started passing it off as true.  Sounds too stupid to be believeable.

As Wild Bill suggested, here's a thread for showing where to go to sign the petition. I signed the petition at Grow Masters in Menominee. Their address is: 2900 10th St, Menominee, MI 49858.

The man running the store gave me the leaflet below about a cannabis legalization meeting to be held locally. He said it was from NORML.

He also advised me that a lot of signatures were rejected for the 2016 petition because people didn't write their names exactly as they appeared in the voter registration. He said many people were too high when they signed. 

kO5TZFB.jpg

All I care is that everyone knows that the person who said the bolded part up ^ there was an ignorant fhead moron and I'm much smarter than them because I know better. Use better propaganda next time. Everyone should know the signatures didn't even get looked at because of our corrupt government. How ignorant.

I totally agree! I put that out there in the interest of fact checking and debate. The antis are always going to lie and twist things around. I think that most people that come to this website come to be educated. We shouldn't disappoint them by holding anything back. I think democracy and the freedom of speech require the unhindered free flow of information and ideas.

You do understand that the guy you parroted was an anti? Or else you are. Take your pick. Because what you posted was a twisted lie. No other way to see it. 

Edited by Restorium2

not sure if MMMA will have the petition , it depends on who volunteers to show up at the booth. will MMMA be at the high times event? have to ask zap. But! the petition will be there, in other booths, probably at the milegalize booth.

Thank you 

We are waiting on the word that the MMMA will have a booth at the event if so i'll be their