Filnt Terror Attack- The Cost Of Being Able To Own Knives In The Us

ANHEMP

Remember, there is a cost to being able to own Knives in the US.

(CNN)A Canadian man yelled "Allahu akbar" before he allegedly stabbed a police officer at the Flint, Michigan, airport in what the FBI is investigating as a terrorist act, officials said.

Amor Ftouhi, 49, has been charged with violence at an international airport, acting US Attorney Daniel Lemisch said in a statement.
He had his initial court appearance late Wednesday afternoon and will remain in custody pending a full detention hearing next week, a US District Court official said.
Ftouhi could face up to 20 years in prison and more charges could be added, officials said. It wasn't immediately clear whether Ftouhi had an attorney.
The attack
On Wednesday morning, Ftouhi arrived to Flint's Bishop International Airport carrying two bags. For about 40 minutes he lingered in the airport's public areas -- including a restaurant and a bathroom where he dropped his bags -- before the attack, a criminal complaint said.
Authorities say Ftouhi yelled "Allahu akbar" -- "God is Great" in Arabic -- and pulled a roughly 12-inch knife with an 8-inch serrated blade and stabbed Lt. Jeff Neville.
After stabbing Neville, Ftouhi continued to yell "Allah" several times followed by something similar to "you have killed people in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, and we are all going to die," the complaint said.
"Lt. Neville got him to stop stabbing him," said Chief Chris Miller of the Bishop Airport Safety Division, who was nearby during the attack and was able to handcuff Ftouhi.
An FBI special agent said Ftouhi then asked the officer why he did not kill him, the complaint said.
Neville was in stable condition Wednesday. He had worked at the airport for years and rose to the rank of lieutenant in 2006, according to airport director Craig Williams.
A maintenance worker suffered arm injuries while helping to subdue the suspect. The employee was taken to the hospital and was later released.
The airport, which was evacuated, later reopened.

Suspect's Montreal residence searched
Ftouhi, a Canadian citizen, entered the United States legally in Lake Champlain, New York on June 16, Gelios said.
A US official told CNN that, based on preliminary information, it appears Ftouhi has traveled between the United States and Canada multiple times.
A spokesperson for the Canadian Embassy in Washington said its government and law enforcement agencies are "engaged and are cooperating fully" with their American counterparts.
On Wednesday, police searched Ftouhi's apartment in Montreal, CBC News reported.
Luciano Piazza, the building's owner and Ftouhi's landlord, said Ftouhi moved into the apartment with his wife and children five years ago. Piazza was "very surprised" to hear his tenant was involved in the attack.
"He's a good person, very quiet. I've never had any problems with him," Piazza said, CBC News reported.
Fthoui had briefly studied for several months in 2011 to become an insurance representative in Montreal. But he left the company before obtaining his certificate and was never a company representative, his former employer Industrial Alliance said in a statement.
A lone-wolf attack
Fthoui seemed to have acted alone and had no specialized training, officials said.
"Time will tell over the next several days whether anyone had any knowledge of this, but at this time we view him as a lone-wolf attacker," Gelios said. "We have no information to suggest a wider plot."
Authorities interviewed Fthoui extensively after the attack and said the stabbing appears to have targeted law enforcement.
"I think it's sufficient to say he has a hatred for the United States and a variety of other things, which in part motivated him towards coming to the airport today to conduct this act of violence," the FBI special agent said.
President Donald Trump was briefed on the attack, an administration official told CNN.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions said he applauded federal and local agencies as well as the Canadian authorities for their response to the attack.
"I want to assure all our law enforcement across the nation, any attack on someone who serves and protects our citizens will be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," he said in a statement.
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Flint Mayor Karen Weaver gave words of support for the officers.

"(P)lease keep the attacked officer in your thoughts & prayers," Snyder said on Twitter.
"My thoughts and prayers are with all of our law enforcement officers who work to service and protect us each and every day," Weaver said in a statement.
The airport's police department has six full-time and six part-time police officers. About 800,000 passengers took flights through Bishop last year, according to statistics from the airport.
The Flint Islamic Center condemned the attack and urged the community to unite "against such senseless" violence.
"We here in Flint are a resilient community; we understand what it means to stand together, to struggle together, to protect one another, and to overcome together," said Mohammed Saleem, president of the center's management committee.
"We will not allow others with their own political agendas to divide us," he added.
Correction: A previous version of this story incorrectly reported Ftouhi's age. He is 49.

CNN's Keith Allen, Kaitlan Collins, Rene Marsh, Kristina Sgueglia, Lauren Del Valle and Samira Said contributed to this report.

This is a good example for discussion. The FBI just reported that this POS tried, unsuccessfully, numerous times over a five-day period to acquire a gun in the USA.

Imagine what would have happened if the POS would have acquired one or more guns and multiple high-capacity magazines. We would have seen mass carnage at Bishop Airport. Instead, the damned fool who failed to secure a firearm went at it with a knife, killed no one and got his donkey handed to him.

Read-up on John Smeaton, the baggage handler at Glasgow airport who helped twart the terrorist attack. He matter-of-factly said "you don't bring terror to Glasgow." And "We'll put right about yea". Same thing just happened in Flint.

And for what it's worth, you have to give credit to the Flint Islamic Center, whose spokesmen admonished this act and called on people of all faiths to pray for Lt. Neville. That's what we need to see...real Muslims admonishing radicals....and NRA-types admonishing the obvious...best example is Castile. The NRA should have swarmed this Castile story like bees. He was a law-abing citizen with a CPL. He died because a nervous cop freaked-out and shot him to death.

Thank god no one sold him a gun.

Ya, I saw that the first time. Which is why i said he'd done more damage before someone could take him down with a bomb.  A few folgers coffee cans and a coulple tblsp of flour make terrible schrapnel bombs. 

He also asked the cop why he didn't kill him.  He wanted to be martyred.  I think he would've got a 6 shooter not an ar and clips.

Would you have blamed the gun if he would've got one?  Do you blame the knife now or the person?  Would you have called for banning coffee cans and flour if he would've killed/injured a bunch of people that way?

Edited by ANHEMP

Ya, I saw that the first time. Which is why i said he'd done more damage before someone could take him down with a bomb.  A few folgers coffee cans and a coulple tblsp of flour make terrible schrapnel bombs. 

He also asked the cop why he didn't kill him.  He wanted to be martyred.  I think he would've got a 6 shooter not an ar and clips.

Would you have blamed the gun if he would've got one?  Do you blame the knife now or the person?  Would you have called for banning coffee cans and flour if he would've killed/injured a bunch of people that way?

I'm not going to speculate as to what firearms he wanted, but common sense would tell us that this radical POS would have rather had a high capacity magazine instead of a six-shot pea shooter.

I don't blame the gun. I don't blame the knife. And I wouldn't blame coffee cans either. No need to get all dramatic and blame shovels because some POS killed his girlfriend's kid last week in West Virginia with a shovel.

Fact is, this POS wanted to kill people at Bishop Airport. He failed because no one sold him a gun. That's how our system should work. Exactly.

So then how would you deal with the terrorist attack on the twin towers when the mastermind of it says that he did it to get our women out of his country because we let them drive cars with pants on in front of their little girls? The airplanes flying into buildings killing thousands of Americans wasn't because we bombed anyone he knew. OBL hated our values and sent some thugs to mess us up badly. What would have been a better way to deal with that than bombing? Seriously, I would like to hear some good alternatives. 

So then how would you deal with the terrorist attack on the twin towers when the mastermind of it says that he did it to get our women out of his country because we let them drive cars with pants on in front of their little girls?

??????????????????????? got any sources for any of that?

The airplanes flying into buildings killing thousands of Americans wasn't because we bombed anyone he knew.

you do know that the usa CIA funded bin laden in the 80s to fight the soviets right? i'm sure the CIA screwed him over before 2001.

or , since his mom is from syria and his dad is from yemen, and maybe, just maybe, the usa bombed someone he knew in any one of those countries usa has bombed over the years from persian gulf etc.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/02/bin.laden.timeline/index.html

here is a foreboding article from 1998:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3340101/t/bin-laden-comes-home-roost/

hah senator orrin hatch is involved.

OBL hated our values and sent some thugs to mess us up badly. What would have been a better way to deal with that than bombing? Seriously, I would like to hear some good alternatives.

We mostly bomb to stop the training camps from training new thugs to come here and kill thousands more .....

this is the argument that george bush himself said "we need to attack them over there so we dont have to fight them here". except... we are fighting them here. in flint and all across the usa. so that bunny muffin argument about pre-emptive war and killing innocent people in those countries still does not work. it just makes people want revenge against americans and their bombs, airstrikes, drones, cia etc.

heres an interesting set of facts:

saudia arabia funds terrorists.

osama bin laden was from saudia arabia.

19 of the 9/11 hijackers were from saudia arabia.

maybe instead of attacking syria, libya, iraq, afghanistan, yemen ... usa should focus on saudia arabia?

oh....gettyimages-685748744-e1495306756252.jpg

a5155995-181-bush-kisses-saudi-prince-4-

Edited by bax

usa should focus on saudia arabia? 

That is where this all started. We had women soldiers there, not invaders, there because the government let them be there, that acted like they were in America. They drove cars and wore pants. Showed Arab women what real freedom was like. OBL types really hated that. They like their women out back in a hut waiting for their master's approval. 

Edited by Restorium2

the training camps are for people to fight the invading occupation army (usa!).

get the army out of their countries and the camps go away as these people go back to living their lives being poor dirt farmers like they've been for thousands of years.

Do you just separate yourself from the rest of the world? The world is getting smaller every day. You can't hold that off. Civilizations are going to clash. How do you deal with such a disparage of human rights when civilizations join together?

are you a flat earther warmonger?

the training camps are for people to fight the invading occupation army (usa!).

get the army out of their countries and the camps go away as these people go back to living their lives being poor dirt farmers like they've been for thousands of years.

The camps that OBL used/made were because we invaded Saudi Arabia with women's rights. He was fighting a war to halt the spread of knowledge to saudi Arabia.