Revegging harvested plants?

Kingdiamond

I am getting ready to harvest some  plants this week but  im liking what I see and want to try to put them back into  24 hour light after harvest to see if I can get some new growth regenerating I did pull cuts off each plant but none of them  took to the soil  and died is there anyone actively doing this or have any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't keep mother plants and clone from one generation to the next. I've had a few periods of cloning disasters. I've been able to root cuttings from a plant as long as four weeks into flower. They were slow to root and grow and had goofy leaves for weeks. But they made it. 

I also saved two strains by re-vegging. I trimmed them down to just a few small buds and leaves, then put them back in the veg state, with high nitrogen fertilizer, and 24 hours of light from a CFL in a clip-on work light very close to the buds and leaves.  Both times it took about 4-5 weeks before there was enough new growth to take cuttings. 

Revegging will work, but you will need to be very patient before you will see new growth (sometimes like 3 weeks). Basically, you want to give enough light to keep the girls alive, without over-stressing them.

Be sure to leave a little bud material on the plant, as new shoots will emerge from the interior of the bud.

I found my revegged plants to be just as potent as the original, although a bit less vigorous. 

4 hours ago, DHCaregiver said:

I plan to try this in my new grow. I am really space limited so I plan on growing 6 of one strain and 6 of another at the same time. The best single plant that produced the best from each strain will get re-vegged and become a mother. At least thats the plan.

Consider finding a patient who wants to get a grow started and keep their own plants. You can give him/her cuttings, and if that grow succeeds, you can get some cuttings back from the best of each strain, thus avoiding having to roll the dice revegging.  While revegging worked for me, I wouldn't want to have to count on it if I had a better option. 

2 hours ago, mishigami bear said:

Revegging will work, but you will need to be very patient before you will see new growth (sometimes like 3 weeks). Basically, you want to give enough light to keep the girls alive, without over-stressing them.

Be sure to leave a little bud material on the plant, as new shoots will emerge from the interior of the bud.

I found my revegged plants to be just as potent as the original, although a bit less vigorous. 

My revegged plants were also less vigorous, but I found the clones to perform just fine. Did you experience the same?