Very General Timeline

Garrett

I know different strains, auto-flower, different growing methods, different lights ... and maybe 1000 more variables are involved ... I'm just looking for a general timeline ... I'm growing in an indoor tent, starting with seeds, using dirt, going slowly ... I've been reading on several sites and *think* I have a guessable schedule ...

8 week veg + 8 weeks flower ... 5 days drying time ... 4 weeks on 1st cure ... 8 weeks 2nd cure  = 28 weeks and 5 days = 196 days + 5 days =  201 days

Again, 1000's of variables exist and I clearly acknowledge that point ... 

I'm just wondering if my timeline is "reasonable" for planning purposes .... 

Play nice here ...

Edited by Garrett
Added "starting with seeds"

Your timeline is correct as long as you get a plant that cooperates. I am currently growing a Humboldt Blue Dream that has been in veg for 12 weeks (12 weeks since germination). It has a stalk like a broccoli plant yet it is only about 2.5 feet tall. A Tangerine Dream that I germinated at the same time went into flower 3 weeks ago at 2.5 feet because I suspect it might be a stretcher.

You can enjoy the dried buds as soon as they are dry enough to burn. Some people say that the bud gets stronger the longer it is cured. I don't know about that. This stuff gets me so f&$ked up that I could not tell you what difference there is between 3 week old stuff and 3 month old stuff.

Your timeline would be correct for starting with sexed clones. However, when starting with seeds, you need to give enough time for germination. It can take over two weeks from first soak of the seeds to a viable plant with its first set of true, serrated leaves (after the cotyledon leaves).

I would also plan on more than 5 days drying time. It can take a more than a week if the humidity is high. You also need to include time for trimming. Speaking with trimmigrant friends, I've heard that a skilled trimmer can properly trim 1 pound in 1 day. That is to make bag-ready nugs. If you are just making it for oil or edibles, then you can reduce the trim time.

12 weeks of total cure is really awesome. Ideally, all bud should be cured that long. However, most people dig in to the supply as soon as it is dry.

Each strain will give you a different start and finish time there is no real way to give a strain to strain time breakdown some plants take off in veg some drag donkey also sometimes you end up with a different pheno within a strain that will require more or less care if your going to  have a variety id forget worrying about the time schedule because its going to take some ciphering if you find a good set of holy grail strains then you will be able to set your watch by the finish date after running it a few times .

18 hours ago, mishigami bear said:

12 weeks of total cure is really awesome. Ideally, all bud should be cured that long. However, most people dig in to the supply as soon as it is dry.

Yeah I have not know of any caregivers with a good turnover that can shelf a harvest for that long without running short on supply or going over your weight limits.

I run a perpetual  garden here instead of harvesting  the entire room at once I space them out to insure a steady supply so if I was curing  in twelve weeks id be sitting on 3 separate harvests and I can only make so much hash to stay at the Michigan 15 ounce limit.