Dana Nessel for Michigan Attorney General

We are proud to announce our endorsement and support for Dana Nessel as Michigan’s next Attorney General. I have known Dana for many years, both while she worked for the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office (handling complex criminal prosecution) and in private practice.  

She is recognized within the attorney community to be an exceptionally skilled attorney. Most importantly she stands behind Michigan’s ballot initiative to treat marihuana like alcohol, and the voter's initiative of 2008, the MMMA. It is time that the leading law enforcement agent in the state of Michigan support the people's will and desire to develop reasonable policies regarding marihuana reform in Michigan. Tomorrow, August 15, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. at Braun Court in Ann Arbor (in Kerrytown), across from Community High School she will be kicking off her campaign, and we encourage anyone interested in making Michigan green should show up and hear it for themselves.

In case there were any questions as to the carnage caused by the existing attorney general, here is the evidence it is time for a change. Dana Nessel for Attorney General 2018.

10 hours ago, mishigami bear said:

It doesn't state it in the Detroit News article, but the general elections for Attorney General, Governor, etc. are on November 6, 2016.

I don't believe that primary dates have been set yet, at least not that I could find online.

The general election is Nov., 2018 and primary will be Aug., 2018.

13 hours ago, mishigami bear said:

Okay. I finally found the document that has all the election dates (including filing dates, etc.). The primary elections are on August 8, 2017. 

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/AugNov_Elec_Dates_549975_7.pdf

Visit this site early next year and they will have the new election dates.