Security Camera's

blackhorse

Thinking of purchasing a Bunker Hill security system, anyone have pro or con on this system?

The thieves are out and will be for next three or four weeks.

Need some extra security!

Was not the plan to take care of plants all summer and then have them stolen.

Appreciate all suggestions to secure the outdoor grow. Already have chain-link fencing on sides and top, and a chain and lock on gate. Just added extra T post and wired the fence to post, this should prevent raising the fence from bottom.

The reviews for the Night Owl are not very good, referring to the wireless. Reviews for Bunker Hill are better. Friend has the Bunker Hill and it works well, also uses with smart phone.

I am leaning towards the wireless as one camera will be 200' from the house, another will be 150' from the house.

With the wired cameras, I am thinking a cable would be required to hold up the wire. Then also it would be two sets of wiring, unless I read instructions wrong.

Wild Bill got an extra dog I can borrow? lol

2 hours ago, Kingdiamond said:

I have 8 stationary 1080 P and one 355 degrees pan tilt 4x zoom cameras  on my house and can see and record everything and view it remotely from anywhere in the world Lorex  dvr 1 TB

hard drive love it .

This looks like a nice system. Wired or wireless?

I need a camera 200' from the receiver.

Wired for wireless cameras you would need to get a wireless booster to increase the cameras range still have heard of nothing but problems with them that's why I went with a wired system.

This is the system but I got mine from Costco for $399 on sale and paid another $171 for the pan tilt dome camera they come with 60 ft cables .

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-dvr-security-system/1080p-hd-security-camera-system-with-flir-secure-connectivity/MPX88UW-1-p?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-Nf00Yur1gIVS01-Ch3X7Qq1EAQYAiABEgIKZ_D_BwE

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-security-cameras/mpx-hd-1080p-ptz-camera-with-color-night-vision/LZV2622BW-1-p

14 hours ago, blackhorse said:

The reviews for the Night Owl are not very good, referring to the wireless. Reviews for Bunker Hill are better. Friend has the Bunker Hill and it works well, also uses with smart phone.

I am leaning towards the wireless as one camera will be 200' from the house, another will be 150' from the house.

With the wired cameras, I am thinking a cable would be required to hold up the wire. Then also it would be two sets of wiring, unless I read instructions wrong.

Wild Bill got an extra dog I can borrow? lol

The cameras are wired to the 'box'. In your situation the box would be hidden in your barn. Then you run a wire from the box to your house so you can watch on a TV monitor, and hook it to your source for the internet so you can watch it on your smart phone. The wireless cameras eliminate the wires from the cameras to the box. They still need to be wired to a power source so they aren't really wireless. And the wireless cameras are prone to trouble. Poor picture. Outages. Interference. Junk! You asked .....

After reading comments on the wireless cameras, I am now looking at wired cameras. Thanks for all the input, as you can tell this is new to me.

I'm going to look at a system that I can put the receiver in the barn, hard wire the cameras to the receiver. Either leave it as a stand alone system or look into running a wire to house into the computer. (preferred way)

More info as I research some more.

Well I changed my mind again, ordered the Lorex wireless from Lorex. I may regret the purchase, but I need a system in place asap. 

Thieves have already struck, and now only got 3 to 4 more weeks before harvest.

I will keep everyone updated on how they work out. Got fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone for the info. 

Received the box of cameras, got two hooked up near grow area and they seem to work great. 

The furthest camera is 150' from the house. 

Yes, wireless still must be wired to electric receptacle.

The two other cameras are mounted at house, just got to go into the attic and finish wiring. Too hot at this time to finish this job. 

Ordered an Ethernet cable (100') and should have soon. Put the receiver in house close to barn, and will run Ethernet to router. This cut distance from receiver to camera by about 50'.

Bought a new monitor (1090p) and the pics are really sharp.

So far I am happy with the setup.

Soon as Ethernet cable arrives, will setup up smart phone to monitor.

Ordered from Lorex in late evening and FedEx delivered two days later. Great delivery.

Customer service for Lorex is terrible, call and get a number and they never call back. 

My monitor showed a "No HDD" on screen and I had no idea what it was. Come to find out it was referring to hard drive.

After talking to Lorex person who gave me wrong procedures to fix, I took his info and figured it out.

Threatened to box it all up and return.

Anyway, had to take the box apart and unplug the wires from hard drive. Plug everything back in and go through a lot of screens on monitor to reset the hard drive.

This is something that I should not have to do with a new system.

It does work now and I can playback to see motions.

Now I am happy again. lol

Will set up with smart phone tomorrow. Enough for today.