Security Camera's

blackhorse

1 hour ago, Hydro Jack said:

I have 9 HD IP cams surrounding my house..3 are PTZ...I have two six terabite hard drives installed in the NVR. They should store about a months worth of video from 9 cameras... My monitor is 40 inches diagonal..HJ

I like IP cameras too. Some manufactures now refer to them as network cameras. My all around favorite would be AXIS cameras. I like the 213 PTZ cameras. It has 26x optical zoom, auto focus lens  with around 250 digital zoom. If placing the camera outside, a heated outdoor enclosure is a plus. It also has IR. Not sure how that would effect outdoor plants though. You can program up to 20 locations and it has a full 360degree security mode. To top it off the AXIS comes with an applet code to enable you to put the live stream onto your own website. A full package with the camera and enclosure would cost around $1,500. As for the durability, I ran one outside for 4 years 24/7. AXIS213.jpg.d487cae4255b8885958462fec6bbeafb.jpgAXIS25733DomeEnclosure.jpg.3599985df378d5957464b5416ab2d1a9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...