Sign in to follow this  
BogeyJoeSr

greenhouse growing near church and public park

I am pretty sure I remember seeing a reference to being a caregiver/grower and not being allowed to be within 1000ft of school, park or church. Maybe it was just schools though. I'm within the 1000ft of church and a public park/playground. I plan to be 100% legit and legal otherwise, with 5 patients plus myself, growing 72 plants. Am I screwed from the start?

There's nothing in the Act that says you can't grow by a park. Some municipalities have tried to zone grows away from parks and schools. You could ask your local officials OR just wait and see if they say anything and give you a warning or fine. If it's obvious some granny grunt probably will try to complain to someone and then you get that downward spiral and eventually have to move the grow. There's always some jealous individual that hates you for your success. That's America! So cover your arse. 

7 hours ago, BogeyJoeSr said:

I am pretty sure I remember seeing a reference to being a caregiver/grower and not being allowed to be within 1000ft of school, park or church. Maybe it was just schools though. I'm within the 1000ft of church and a public park/playground. I plan to be 100% legit and legal otherwise, with 5 patients plus myself, growing 72 plants. Am I screwed from the start?

I plan to be 100% legit and legal otherwise,? IMHO theirs no way anyone can be 100% 

It is only my opinion but i still go to other peoples Court days who said the same thing

Good luck

If the smell is overwhelming, they may consider it a nuisance. I'm very interested in outdoor/greenhouse odor control. Activated carbon works poorly with humid air. I'd love to figure out a dehumidification/odor control solution for greenhouses.

I heard growing Northern lights is a low odor strain. But having extra space figured into the greenhouse design to grow some legal and Very Odiferous plants that kind of "compliment" the odors of your grow is key to keeping those in line. And since greenhouse temps are fairly warm even in midwinter, i've heard to be usually around 65-75degrees when its 10-20outside, meaning lilacs for example just may overpower skunkbud. Then filtering and activated charcoal,etc will tame it down..

"low odor" does not equal "no odor"

Even Northern Lights would be give off a detectable smell.  And fragrant plants like lilac will not properly cover up the smell of bud. The only thing that will really do the trick is activated carbon/charcoal, and you need to dehumidify below 75% rh for it to work. Nothing else (ozone, ultra-violet light, fragrance coverup) will do the trick.

Please take odor control very seriously.