Is Grassmatch a legitimate site?

To use it,  you have to upload your card and another identification and verify you are legit. 

I've used it and have met some really cool people, including my current cg

I had VERY few sources, so i knew no one that i could even ask to be a cg (growing my own was/ is not an option).

It is a viable source of networking, but be careful!  Always check the person your dealing with is legit,  and double check info in person. 

However,  if you're a patient, the seller is the one with legal risk,  correct?

1 hour ago, Phil69 said:

To use it,  you have to upload your card and another identification and verify you are legit. 

I had VERY few sources, so i knew no one that i could even ask to be a cg (growing my own was/ is not an option).

It is a viable source of networking, but be careful!  Always check the person your dealing with is legit,  and double check info in person. 

However,  if you're a patient, the seller is the one with legal risk,  correct? You dont have to upload your id of card if you dont want to, i have not and use it as a caregiver. Have met good patients from the site, as with everything on the net you just have to be careful.

1 hour ago, compiler said:

Well, my plan is to find someone locally, so I can meet with that person.

I have already been in contact with someone from downstate and that might work out, but I prefer a local person.

This site might be helpful in that endeavor.

(I am well over 30!!)

Mel

Following on about my comment re Grassmatch, I found all 5 of my patients here on this site.   There is not as much activity as on grassmatch, but everyone I met with thru here seemed to be real and trustworthy.

4 hours ago, Wild Bill said:

Why would you say it's not secure?

Why would you think it was? When I go there my spyware gives me a warning that the site is not secure. 

It's just someone who bought the name to try and make money with. Try to think of a way the person who runs the site is making money with it. Because they are running it for a reason.....

Like here you have an attorney who runs the site. It's obvious what's going on. The site is secure. 

3 hours ago, semicaregiver said:

I have met with potential patients from Grassmatch and found that most of them seemed to be young (under 30) and seem to need 2+ ounces per week for their medical condition.   The site does not leave me feeling comfortable enough to consider signing up any one from it.

Hmmm. I wonder who that could be? 

Why is it that you could actually meet them but not sign them? 

Comfortable enough to meet them but not sign them. 

17 hours ago, Phil69 said:

However,  if you're a patient, the seller is the one with legal risk,  correct?

Patients can be in peril also if clueless. If you buy a lot they could follow you and catch you transferring to someone else or just plain rob you. Any time you provide a bunch of details about yourself to an anonymous entity you are at risk. After all, they are doing this for some reason. You are the person they will be bilking whether you know it or not. At the very least your info is for sale. 

Also, always beware of folks who prop up or vouch for bad web sites. The folks that are affiliated are definitely in play on the net. They will defend their scams. Most of the time they will have several ID's. Acting like several different people. I caught the person that was here as grassmatch making threads on several sites where he was talking with himself having two ID's in the same conversation/thread. He even admitted it saying that was acceptable behavior. I don't like that horsecrap and nothing good will ever come from scams like that. 

Always be wary, always protect yourself.

However,  used wisely can be a valuable resource. 

Also,  too the nay sayers- Remember, you may have flower coming out your ears and friends that have bud-cornucopia pockets,  but there ARE those of us who have zero of your resources and need a way to network.

Quite often we (low bud resource folks)  are chastised for trying new avenues,  but no one who chastises has EVER offered to help me network. 

I used gm and found a couple AWESOME prospective cg's, one of whom is now MY cg.  That was thanks to NO ONE,  except gm.  You may not need gm, you may not trust it,  but it works and i don't care eff all if anyone thinks I'm a shill.

Gm works and i found a VERY-networked cg that is kind,  empathetic,  generous (VERY gen with fire flower) and with their network is able to get me whatever I need,  even from other friendly states.  I say this with no spite or malice to anyone here,  but i want to be clear. 

I have spoken to quite a few new mmj patients.  They often have the same problem i did with connections.   

If you are connected,  great!  What are  YOU doing  HERE on this site to HELP pts in their cg search.   I promise,  proportionally there are just as many scammers lurking here as on gm. At least on gm you have a better shot at hooking up with a legitimate cg.

No where does it say you HAVE to sell to anyone who does not sign up as your pt.  If you did or do,  that's on you and it's a choice YOU made.  I see a lot of folks on  there looking for pts, but don't want to give patient prices.  Why would they sign up with you if you will continue to sell flower at prices only slightly better than disp's?  It goes both ways.  Don't be too critical of the starving as you watch them whilst eating a steak in your posh palace.  You may have fire at your disposal,  but there are people struggling more now that they're legal just to score some ditchweed.

Through due diligence and time,  you will sort the wheat from the chaff.  It IS an immense resource.  Maybe not to you,  but plenty have, and continue to be helped

55 minutes ago, Phil69 said:

Also,  too the nay sayers- Remember, you may have flower coming out your ears and friends that have bud-cornucopia pockets,  but there ARE those of us who have zero of your resources and need a way to network.

Quite often we (low bud resource folks)  are chastised for trying new avenues,  but no one who chastises has EVER offered to help me network. 

I used gm and found a couple AWESOME prospective cg's, one of whom is now MY cg.  That was thanks to NO ONE,  except gm.  You may not need gm, you may not trust it,  but it works and i don't care eff all if anyone thinks I'm a shill.

Gm works and i found a VERY-networked cg that is kind,  empathetic,  generous (VERY gen with fire flower) and with their network is able to get me whatever I need,  even from other friendly states.  I say this with no spite or malice to anyone here,  but i want to be clear. 

I have spoken to quite a few new mmj patients.  They often have the same problem i did with connections.   

If you are connected,  great!  What are  YOU doing  HERE on this site to HELP pts in their cg search.   I promise,  proportionally there are just as many scammers lurking here as on gm. At least on gm you have a better shot at hooking up with a legitimate cg.

No where does it say you HAVE to sell to anyone who does not sign up as your pt.  If you did or do,  that's on you and it's a choice YOU made.  I see a lot of folks on  there looking for pts, but don't want to give patient prices.  Why would they sign up with you if you will continue to sell flower at prices only slightly better than disp's?  It goes both ways.  Don't be too critical of the starving as you watch them whilst eating a steak in your posh palace.  You may have fire at your disposal,  but there are people struggling more now that they're legal just to score some ditchweed.

Through due diligence and time,  you will sort the wheat from the chaff.  It IS an immense resource.  Maybe not to you,  but plenty have, and continue to be helped

Yeah, yeah. You don't need no stinking grassmatch. It's a scam site. Period. Just like this one but not secure.

19 hours ago, compiler said:

I would just as soon get a cg from this site.

I am in the Midland area.

If anyone is local and interested, please contact me.

Mel

I'm local and barely keeping up though. Sorry I can't add you. There's a decent dispensary near us to get you through. 

Why anyone would use a website like grassmatch is beyond me. It's like giving up on being smart and just putting it all out there for anyone on the net to know all of your details. It would be like doing the funky chicken naked on the White House lawn. Craziness .....

21 hours ago, Phil69 said:

That's not even part of The Act. Buy Michigan and quit advertising for f heads in other states!

Either be legit or keep quiet. 

Rest:

At the site, I have to upload copies of:

front/back of my MM card and front of drivers license.

Is that what you mean about ID issues.

I can see your point, but also see this as a way to assure legitimate users/cg.

By the way, how many patients are cg allowed to have?

Mel

Edited by compiler

3 minutes ago, compiler said:

Rest:

At the site, I have to upload copies of:

front/back of my MM card and front of drivers license.

Is that what you mean about ID issues.

I can see your point, but also see this as a way to assure legitimate users/cg.

By the way, how many patients are cg allowed to have?

Mel

HOLY COW!!! They make you do that? That's totally nutso. Why would anyone do that? NEVER EVER upload pictures of your card and drivers license to anyone ever. Glad this totally came to light. I knew grassmatch was scammy but I didn't know how bad it really was.

Caregivers can have 5 patients and then themselves adding up to a possible 6 to grow for. 

We went through a lot of effort to keep Michigan Patients and Caregivers anonymous entities so there would be no list of us for crooked law enforcement to work around our anonymity. Also, crooks would just love a list of names and addresses of people who are Michigan Medical Marijuana active. 

No mystery now how grassmatch makes it's money. What a huge crock of crapola patients are falling into.

That's what makes this site great, exposing these parasites! 

I would never scan my drivers license and patient card for a website. not to mention a website that hides its registrar info.

also there is not one single piece of information about what person or company runs grassmatch. except for the email name peter@grassmatch.

on the grassmatch about page:

What do we do with your personal information?

You are rightfully concerned about exposure to authorities, employers, family members, and others.

We protect your personal information in many ways to comply with our policy of strict confidentiality.

We use your information ONLY to match patients with growers (caregivers). Other members do not see your email address, phone number, full name, or other details.

We store alll member information in encrypted databases. We entirely remove obsolete member information such as old messages and inactive members from our databases.

We continually examine usernames and profiles to detect and remove personally identifying information.

they misspelled the word "all". 

Welcome to Grassmatch!

• Get the most for your money.
  • Grassmatch is an online marketplace to locate low-cost growers of medical marijuana legally and safely.
  • Signing up is always free for patients. To contact caregivers, please sign up.

why would a website for patients and caregivers be focused on "Get the most for your money." ? That seems more like a bunch of people selling marijuana than a patient and caregiver relationship.

on the privacy page .grassmatch.com/pages/privacy-policy

4.5 Other sharing

In addition to the above, we may also share your information to third parties for these limited purposes:

1. to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;

2. to respond to legal process (e.g. a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so; to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law; to protect the safety of any person; to protect the rights and property of Grassmatch, including to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use and Mobile Terms; and to address fraud, security or technical issues;

3. to inform business partners about use of the Service and products and services made available through the Service, in the form of aggregated statistics or otherwise in a format which does not reveal your identity;

4. If you expressly opt in to such sharing.

You agree and understand that the privacy policies of the third parties will govern all use of information that we provide to it or that it collects from you.

6. Transfer to other countries

Grassmatch processes information about our users on servers located in a number of countries. Grassmatch may also subcontract processing or share your information to a third parties located in countries, other than your home country. Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland may, for example, be transferred to, and processed in, a country outside of the EEA and Switzerland. You expressly consent to this.

just not a good policy at all. 

if you upload your info to grassmatch, expect that it will get out, with this kind of privacy policy.

I used Grassmatch prior to their going to a "verification" type of registration (Approximately 18 months ago).   It was also free.   At that time I had a number of emails and phone conversations with a guy who claimed to own the site.   He was out of Georgia.

Jason Pridmore <jason@grassmatch.com>  404/822-4309

If you use some of the id search websites you can find that there is a Jason Pridmore associated with the phone number.  

He appeared to be someone who was trying to make his fortune in cannabis like the computer geeks that started weedmaps or leafly.   I explained to him that the majority of the potential patients I met via his site seemed to be young people who where more interested in using their patient status to be black market sellers.   He explained that he was searching for ways to insure caregivers that they were dealing with real patients and he seemed to settle on the idea for having patients and caregivers verify themselves by providing copies of their id's.   Problem was that this did not solve the basic problem.   The possible patient/black market sellers that I met all had valid cards.    I also met a couple of "patients" that could have been undercover.   

Meeting potential patients via the net, whether on here or Grassmatch , is fraught with paranoia driven by the history of cannabis and law enforcement.    If I meet a potential patient that I would like to signup I will do some simple background checks.   First is seeing if they exist on the net, i.e. google and facebook search.   Beyond that you can spend a few dollars and use one of the id websites.   Yes it might cost you $20-30, but it is worth the peace of mind to know who you are dealing with.  A third level of protection is ask for additional id.  Someone with a fake id will usually not have a full set of credentials.   Ask to see some credit cards, voter id, etc cards with their name.  

Bottomline I agree, I do not think there is any upside to providing your documents to a site like grassmatch.  It does not make the potential transaction any safer and it may indeed have security problems related to your info.    That said I don't think that they are trying to rip anyone off, just misguided.

12 minutes ago, semicaregiver said:

I used Grassmatch prior to their going to a "verification" type of registration (Approximately 18 months ago).   It was also free.   At that time I had a number of emails and phone conversations with a guy who claimed to own the site.   He was out of Georgia.

Jason Pridmore <jason@grassmatch.com>  404/822-4309

If you use some of the id search websites you can find that there is a Jason Pridmore associated with the phone number.  

He appeared to be someone who was trying to make his fortune in cannabis like the computer geeks that started weedmaps or leafly.   I explained to him that the majority of the potential patients I met via his site seemed to be young people who where more interested in using their patient status to be black market sellers.   He explained that he was searching for ways to insure caregivers that they were dealing with real patients and he seemed to settle on the idea for having patients and caregivers verify themselves by providing copies of their id's.   Problem was that this did not solve the basic problem.   The possible patient/black market sellers that I met all had valid cards.    I also met a couple of "patients" that could have been undercover.   

Meeting potential patients via the net, whether on here or Grassmatch , is fraught with paranoia driven by the history of cannabis and law enforcement.    If I meet a potential patient that I would like to signup I will do some simple background checks.   First is seeing if they exist on the net, i.e. google and facebook search.   Beyond that you can spend a few dollars and use one of the id websites.   Yes it might cost you $20-30, but it is worth the peace of mind to know who you are dealing with.  A third level of protection is ask for additional id.  Someone with a fake id will usually not have a full set of credentials.   Ask to see some credit cards, voter id, etc cards with their name.  

Bottomline I agree, I do not think there is any upside to providing your documents to a site like grassmatch.  It does not make the potential transaction any safer and it may indeed have security problems related to your info.    That said I don't think that they are trying to rip anyone off, just misguided.

How was he going to make a fortune using the site?