Is Grassmatch a legitimate site?

2 minutes ago, Guanotea1 said:

You're stretching it an awful lot. 

I was overzealous when I sent out that id. For sure, bad move, and I accept the blowback from that.

I just wanted caregivers to know that this guy was really dangerous and absolutely 100% unrelentingly after them. Here's a guy with multiple burner phones, burner email addresses, a violent rap sheet, robbing caregivers and continuing to try to rob them even after we implemented new ID verification procedures. We made a trap for him and he finally fell into it.  

Well that's the only thing that I have caught you doing.

The rest of what you are doing is under the radar so far.

With this one proven offense that you have committed completely and undeniably proves you are unworthy of having any patient or caregiver information. You have terrible judgement and totally are a clown mucking this up big time.

So glad you are caught now.

Move on and get a real job. Quit scamming our community.  

7 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

People/patients are innocent until proven guilty. 

You are acting like a judge and jury using hearsay from unsubstantiated accountings. 

And without anything but your kangaroo court you have sent a patient's information all over the internet as a sentence. 

It's not hearsay when it comes directly from several different victims. 

10 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

If he's not on OTIS then he has no criminal record in the last three years.

Spend the money on an iChat record yourself...

Just now, Guanotea1 said:

It's not hearsay when it comes directly from several different victims. 

Spend the money on an iChat record yourself...

That IS EXACTLY what hearsay is. That's why we have a court system. That's why the database with the State is secure.

If LARA sent out anyone's info like you did they would be sued and people would be fired.

It's a ridiculously irresponsible action by someone who has no idea how to keep people's information secure.

What is OTIS? What are the terms and conditions of its use?

List of most wanted offenders OTIS is intended to offer information to the public that can then be verified through the Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC), Michigan Courts, the Michigan State Police or other law enforcement agencies. A search of OTIS will provide information about offenders previously or currently under the jurisdiction or supervision of the MDOC. A search result will provide information about any offender who is, or was, in a Michigan prison, on parole or probation under the supervision of the MDOC, has transferred in or out of Michigan under the Michigan Interstate Compact, or who has escaped or absconded from their sentence.  Only offenders who have been under the jurisdiction or supervision of the MDOC within the last three years will appear. If more than three years has elapsed, the information will not be available on OTIS.

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

That IS EXACTLY what hearsay is. That's why we have a court system. That's why the database with the State is secure.

If LARA sent out anyone's info like you did they would be sued and people would be fired.

It's a ridiculously irresponsible action by someone who has no idea how to keep people's information secure.

Hearsay is when someone tells someone who then tells the investigator.

Primary evidence is when someone tells the investigator directly. My evidence is primary. I didn't hear it from people who know the victims, I heard it from the victims. 

Going to court isn't going to stop a guy who pleads guilty twice every year, and it's would be seriously a terrible outcome for the innocent caregivers involved. Courts and marijuana tend not to mix well when caregivers are involved...

Hearsay is when someone tells someone who then tells the investigator.

Primary evidence is when someone tells the investigator directly. My evidence is primary. I didn't hear it from people who know the victims, I heard it from the victims. 

Going to court isn't going to stop a guy who pleads guilty twice every year, and it's would be seriously a terrible outcome for the innocent caregivers involved. Courts and marijuana tend not to mix well when caregivers are involved...

No. Hearsay is what someone uses to convict someone when they have nothing more than unsubstantiated accountings from victims.

People can be wrong. So you don't assume someone's guilty and just punish them yourself.

You just don't do that ever. 

3 minutes ago, compiler said:

Someone is being untruthful here.

Either the guy has a criminal record or he does not.

Which is it?

Mel

Mel,

The guy has a long and criminal record that includes assault, weapons, and theft. Resto is using OTIS - which is free - I am using iChat - which I pay $10 /check for. 

Here is a quote from the OTIS site telling you to use iChat if you want to be sure:

"Although every effort is made to maintain accurate records on this database, no action should be taken as a result of information found herein without confirmation with the MDOC, the Michigan State Police through the use of their Internet Criminal History Access Tool (ICHAT) or a review of the court file. The Michigan State Police ICHAT can be found at: http://michigan.gov/ichat."  

I keep saying - use iChat, use iChat, use iChat...

26 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

No. Hearsay is what someone uses to convict someone when they have nothing more than unsubstantiated accountings from victims.

People can be wrong. So you don't assume someone's guilty and just punish them yourself.

You just don't do that ever. 

Re: hearsay. Hearsay has a very specific definition in the law:

the report of another person's words by a witness, usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.

I did not assume someone was guilty, our investigation took months - multiple interviews, digital lineups, research on iChat, multiple reports inside our system, multiple device logs, ip logs, and a specially designed trap just for him... I'd love it if we could rely on the courts to get this guy off the streets and away from robbing caregivers but let's face it - the courts and medical marijuana caregivers just don't mix well. In addition the caregivers involved did not want to take it to that level.

We still shouldn't have put out his ID to our caregivers - not because he's innocent (he's guilty as hell) - but for the simple reason that it was more information than was necessary to make sure people know to stay away. That is not a mistake we'll be repeating. 

Resto man... I've done all I could here. I get that you don't trust Grassmatch, you don't have to. No one should trust anything blindly. I'm glad that someone started this discussion and that I had an opportunity to respond. We put out a lot of info for folks to read and decide for themselves about the site, a lot of which I think belongs in a FAQ section. 

Thank you all, especially Resto. The more I can understand the mindset of caregiver's willing to ask the question - "Is Grassmatch Legit?" the better we can make things for the whole community. 

• 2 months later...

Oh Schmidt!  I just got my 1st MM Card,

I uploaded nmy license & my MM card!

What a dumb schmidt!  But I live in the U.P.

One dispensary up here. But that's even an hour from me

I ended up going down to Lewiston, which was nice, but small, new & growing (I hope!)

I also went to Lansing.  I am looking for a tincture or even something I could vape. Cuz the buds, everyone can smell it. That's when the judge comes out in everyone in a small town where you are related to 95% of them!!  

It's probably too late to remove the uploads of my cards now, isnn't it?

Punkie, My Name is Peter and I run Grassmatch. You can reach me at peter at grassmatch dot com or the support email. 

I'm not sure if you read this whole thread or not, but the net-net of what went on here was that we outed a patient that was repeatedly robbing caregivers with a little more of his information than was absolutely necessary for people to avoid this guy. 

Once we're done with your card / id we get rid of it. We've been keeping your selfie so we can roll out a safety feature so that caregivers can check verify that the person that got verified on Grassmatch is the person that they are meeting up with. But that will only be shared with your explicit permission to single caregiver at a time. 

I'm not really sure why this all generated so much controversy. We are legitimate, we've been around for years, we've matched thousands and thousands of patients with their caregivers. We've intentionally stayed out of the public eye for a long time, while we've slowly build a system that works really well. 

I hope you find what you're looking for, where ever you look for it!

• 2 months later...

The dispensary I have been to takes your card while you are in their product room. They also look at your drivers license but I don't remember if they hang onto it. But they may make a copy of your MM card, I have no idea. Has anyone else ever gone to a dispensary and have them hold your card while you're in the medicine room?

Where do I go to find a CG? My old CG was/is too undependable. I need a limited amount of meds, say an ounce every 4 months for making my own (coconut) oil and an eighth a month for consumption. I need to find someone in western Wayne county...Canton-Westland area. 

41 minutes ago, Dalbert said:

The dispensary I have been to takes your card while you are in their product room. They also look at your drivers license but I don't remember if they hang onto it. But they may make a copy of your MM card, I have no idea. Has anyone else ever gone to a dispensary and have them hold your card while you're in the medicine room?

Where do I go to find a CG? My old CG was/is too undependable. I need a limited amount of meds, say an ounce every 4 months for making my own (coconut) oil and an eighth a month for consumption. I need to find someone in western Wayne county...Canton-Westland area. 

Been to half a dozen and they all look at your card and drivers license then make copies. Some ask for your email and phone number too. After the first visit they just look at your card and ID and give them back. I can't imagine why they would do it any different than that. 

On 6/21/2018 at 6:57 PM, Guanotea1 said:

Punkie, My Name is Peter and I run Grassmatch. You can reach me at peter at grassmatch dot com or the support email. 

I'm not sure if you read this whole thread or not, but the net-net of what went on here was that we outed a patient that was repeatedly robbing caregivers with a little more of his information than was absolutely necessary for people to avoid this guy. 

Once we're done with your card / id we get rid of it. We've been keeping your selfie so we can roll out a safety feature so that caregivers can check verify that the person that got verified on Grassmatch is the person that they are meeting up with. But that will only be shared with your explicit permission to single caregiver at a time. 

I'm not really sure why this all generated so much controversy. We are legitimate, we've been around for years, we've matched thousands and thousands of patients with their caregivers. We've intentionally stayed out of the public eye for a long time, while we've slowly build a system that works really well. 

I hope you find what you're looking for, where ever you look for it!

If you get rid of a user's info, why did you still have it on the guy you outed? The more you post, the more dishonest you seem. Either admit you're a scammer or....just go away.

Dude it all makes sense!!!

Cops setup a complicated website in 2015 to trap patients and caregivers into legally connecting with one and other and have been adding features to it ever since. Those diabolical geniuses now even have texting, are ranking search results by scoring, and have added product menus. All under the guise of 'helping'...

You guys do realize that every time you dredge up this post, Grassmatch gets a boost in traffic including a boost in people converting on the site? You can't let sleeping dogs lie, and I love it.

P.S. we had that ROBBERS info because we setup a special trap and he fell into it.

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

Right. Whole lotta lies right in that posting. Lies like a LEO. I smell bacon. 

I had gone to that site several years ago. I never had to upload any info other than a throwaway email address. When I go there now, the main page has pictures of buds laying on 100 dollar bills. With a message saying I need to upload my MM card info to register. No thanks, a pure scam. I would rather go to a quality dispensary to find meds when my CG is unreachable. 

7 minutes ago, Guanotea1 said:

Cops setup a complicated website in 2015 to trap patients and caregivers

Exactly. And I was right on it from the start. Actually before you even started the website. That shady grassmatch character always acted fake and was lying all the time. Steady stream of made up BS. Just like a cop. You fooled no one with half a brain. 

That's correct, we had to start requiring id when we got big enough to become a target for scammers.

If we don't have anything nearby you (or you're using a VPN or something that screws up our ability to detect your location) then you'll get that image. If you enter in any Michigan zip code into the search box, you'll get results within 35 miles.

This is what Grand Rapids looks like. Note that products/caregivers are not sorted by distance (but instead by a reputation score). 

SCAM_AVOID.png

7 minutes ago, Guanotea1 said:

Cops setup a complicated website in 2015 to trap patients and caregivers into legally connecting with one and other and have been adding features to it ever since. Those diabolical geniuses now even have texting, are ranking search results by scoring, and have added product menus. All under the guise of 'helping'...

You guys do realize that every time you dredge up this post, Grassmatch gets a boost in traffic including a boost in people converting on the site? You can't let sleeping dogs lie, and I love it.

P.S. we had that ROBBERS info because we setup a special trap and he fell into it.

Did you already post links to stories of police records of these "robberies"? Or are we supposed to take some strangers word for it? That he's protecting caregivers by outing a patient? I'm sure you maintain a record of every person who uploads their personal information. If you did, I'm also sure you would lie and say any info you receive is immediately destroyed.

You know the problem you're having?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Confirmation bias. The tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirm's one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.

We know you aren't even from Michigan and are a liar. You sent at least one patient's ID all over the internet. Those are clear facts. No one needs your website. You are a failure. An insecure and unsecure person/website.