Is Grassmatch a legitimate site?

The irony of this is that the opposition to medical marijuana, including the attorney general and the prosecutors, all wanted a list of people in the program with names and addresses. They practically through a fit about it. Tried all kinds of ways to take away our anonymity. Figured out a way to use LEIN to scan your license plate and throw up a flag if you were in the MM program. We caught them and made it all stop. No lists. No inspections from the lists. They still want that list. It's valuable to them. Same with crooks and scammers, our names are valuable to them.

This Peter guy running grassmatch supposedly from Georgia can make a fortune selling our names to folks who will just want to harm us. That's his plan from the start. Don't fall for it. The same people you would find there you can find here. You might get less to choose from here because you don't have the cops, crooks, and scammers in the lot here. Not as many anyway. We get our share. But they don't get to have your info. If someone is real they will use this site if they want to make a real connection. The cops and scammers are all over grassmatch. 

I signed up on grassmatch a while ago - maybe a year or two - out of curiosity.  I wasn't looking for new patients.

I'm not going to say anything good or bad about the website.  That isn't the point of my post.  I'm posting to show this email I received from grassmatch this morning.

"For a while now, we've been chasing after a patient that was using Grassmatch to rob caregivers. He went by xxxx, and numerous other names - but his real name is XXXX.

His illustrious criminal history is attached to this email: Highlights are felony weapons, larceny, and assault. 

Remember - REPORT problem patients on Grassmatch - we're listening!"

Edited by Highlander

This morning?

Sacrificial lamb because we are on to them. It's not a coincidence that this was offered up just this morning.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the crooks are on here real time defending their site. No doubt about it. Cover your arse. NEVER give your info to an unsecure site like grassmatch. Don't buy out of state cannabis. And we don't need a hook up artist in Georgia. Might as well be in Russia. 

And by the way, the dude above wasn't signing any patients with that record. If you want a real caregiver that's not a murderer then sign a real one. When you get your card you know they are not a felon. If this guy was robbing caregivers and patients then that means everyone's info was being handed out like candy to anyone and everyone. Too late for you now. But we can still spread the word and stop many more people from becoming victims of that web site. 

Here's a link to a free service that checks for a Michigan criminal record. https://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/otis2.html

The very LEAST that the grassmatch site should have been doing is looking on OTIS for records. Then that crook wouldn't have been given anyone's name and address. But they just didn't care enough to even look. Because they aren't really about helping people or they would have done that for you. I believe the victims out there should be suing grassmatch for what they did. They had a lot to do with creating those victims and should pay for it. 

Now this will really blow your mind. If you go on OTIS this guy isn't even on the list of criminals.

So grassmatch offered this guy up and he's not even a convicted criminal! He's a real patient that has no record at all!

That's what people do that care. They follow through and check out the details to see who is full of BS. 

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

Now this will really blow your mind. If you go on OTIS this guy isn't even on the list of criminals.

So grassmatch offered this guy up and he's not even a convicted criminal! He's a real patient that has no record at all!

That's what people do that care. They follow through and check out the details to see who is full of BS. 

Shortly after I posted, I began thinking about what procedures grassmatch might have in place to decide when to disseminate personal information/copies of IDs and MMJ cards.  I know nothing more about this matter but deleted the attachments out of an abundance of caution.  I don't want to be part of the problem if one exists.

3 hours ago, Highlander said:

I signed up on grassmatch a while ago - maybe a year or two - out of curiosity.  I wasn't looking for new patients.

I'm not going to say anything good or bad about the website.  That isn't the point of my post.  I'm posting to show this email I received from grassmatch this morning.

"For a while now, we've been chasing after a patient that was using Grassmatch to rob caregivers. He went by xxx, and numerous other names - but his real name is xxxxx.

His illustrious criminal history is attached to this email: Highlights are felony weapons, larceny, and assault. 

Remember - REPORT problem patients on Grassmatch - we're listening!"

I didnt see that in grassmatch's privacy policy, that they would email your name or aliases to the entire userbase if they got reports from other people. seems like a leak of patient and or caregiver information to me. 

tread lightly , grassmatch users.

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

This morning?

Sacrificial lamb because we are on to them. It's not a coincidence that this was offered up just this morning.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the crooks are on here real time defending their site. No doubt about it. Cover your arse. NEVER give your info to an unsecure site like grassmatch. Don't buy out of state cannabis. And we don't need a hook up artist in Georgia. Might as well be in Russia. 

And by the way, the dude above wasn't signing any patients with that record. If you want a real caregiver that's not a murderer then sign a real one. When you get your card you know they are not a felon. If this guy was robbing caregivers and patients then that means everyone's info was being handed out like candy to anyone and everyone. Too late for you now. But we can still spread the word and stop many more people from becoming victims of that web site. 

I checked the time on the email.  I received it at 8:51 pm March 12.

19 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Shortly after I posted, I began thinking about what procedures grassmatch might have in place to decide when to disseminate personal information/copies of IDs and MMJ cards.  I know nothing more about this matter but deleted the attachments out of an abundance of caution.  I don't want to be part of the problem if one exists.

Thanks for taking the patient's drivers license and patient card off the post.

If he was truly a criminal he would be on OTIS.

Recap;

Someone asks if grassmatch site is legitimate.

I say that it isn't. A few others weigh in on it.

We find out patients and caregivers are sending grassmatch pictures of their drivers license and patient card.

Then we find out that people have been reporting that crooks are using grassmatch to rob people who send in their info.

Right while we are discussing this, grassmatch sends all of it's members copies of one patients drivers license and patient card.

Saying that this patient is a THE criminal that has been robbing members.

They say he has a terrible criminal record and go into some of it.

Then I check the Michigan Criminal Tracking Database and the patient really has no record al all!

Anyone who gave their info to grassmatch could be unveiled and unjustly slandered. Practically tied to a stake to be stoned. 

We have really understated how bad grassmatch really is. It doesn't get any worse than that. 

Glad we could help.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:28 AM, Restorium2 said:

I'm local and barely keeping up though. Sorry I can't add you. There's a decent dispensary near us to get you through. 

Why anyone would use a website like grassmatch is beyond me. It's like giving up on being smart and just putting it all out there for anyone on the net to know all of your details. It would be like doing the funky chicken naked on the White House lawn. Craziness .....

That's not even part of The Act. Buy Michigan and quit advertising for f heads in other states!

Either be legit or keep quiet. 

Yeah, no I won't be quiet.  Until there is a better way to get pt's meds, resources like this are valuable.

This "your information is it there for every one" nonsense?

I remember when a dude started offering testing for thc on this site 10 years ago.  His idea was poopoo'd by quite a few people here.  Now- how many disp's sell without having testing done?

If no one tried anything new or didn't go against mainstream, we'd still be consuming flower in secrecy with no legal protection.

Edited by Phil69
Because proofreading is for suckers :P

35 minutes ago, Phil69 said:

Yeah, no I won't be quiet.  Until there is a better way to get pt's meds, resources like this are valuable.

I remember when a dude started offering testing for thc on this site 10 years ago.  His idea was poopoo'd by quite a few people here.  Now- how many disp's sell without having testing done?

If no one tried anything new or didn't go against mainstream, we'd still be consuming flower in secrecy with no legal protection.

grassmatch is not verified, bonded, no criminal checks, they send pictures of an innocent patient's paperwork to all members saying he was some sort of criminal. grassmatch admits that crooks are stalking his list. It's not a good thing for medical marijuana, it's a terrible thing. A huge black cloud. 

The same customer base can come here and find connections for free. Without any of the risks. Without telling some unknown clown your address. Someone who is just phishing on the net for names and addresses of marijuana people to sell to make money. 

Everyone needs to realize that when you are on the internet you don't know who you are dealing with. So you can't be sending your info out willy nilly to unverified websites. If you do that there is no doubt you will become a victim like the folks that grassmatch admits have been made victims of because they were on his list. . 

6 hours ago, Phil69 said:

On 3/11/2018 at 8:37 AM, Restorium2 said:

Also, always beware of folks who prop up or vouch for bad web sites. The folks that are affiliated are definitely in play on the net. They will defend their scams. Most of the time they will have several ID's. Acting like several different people. I caught the person that was here as grassmatch making threads on several sites where he was talking with himself having two ID's in the same conversation/thread. He even admitted it saying that was acceptable behavior. I don't like that horsecrap and nothing good will ever come from scams like hat. 

Yeah,  just a feeling but Phil69 sure does sounds like grassmatch or what ever he changed his name to. At very least he has some affiliation with that site. Haha, nice try dude. You are not just a random guy defending that site after everything that was just brought up 

I assume that this message will be taken down.

I do want to say I'm glad that this discussion forum exists, and I'm happy anytime I find a place that provides patients greater access and choices -dispensaries, forums, whatever. You can reach me at peter at Grassmatch dot. com if you want to talk.

I'll just go down the list: 

• The Grassmatch Schill

• I don't know Phil, other than he's apparently used our system and it was OK for him, we are not affiliated. 

• Where's the evidence?

• Angel - the marijuana "Patient" I warned our users about
    • I pulled his criminal history report from Michigan's State Police iChat system. It's a 'Mile Long" with very serious offenses - including robbery and assault. 
    • The other evidence against him includes: messages sent/received, reports from our users, descriptions from our users, pictures from our users matching exactly pictures he submitted to us, email addresses, phone numbers and mention IP/Device history.
    • I needed to warn people about him, I've got ideas for how to make those warnings more efficient in the future. 
  • Have we had problems?
    • Heck yes! We're not perfect human beings who can see the future. 
    • When we do have problems we do two things: (1) Communicate with our users & (2) FIGHT BACK 
  • Why do we now check ID's, paperwork, and marijuana cards of all patients?
    • TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST CROOKS 
    • TO MAKE SURE PATIENTS ARE LEGITIMATE. 
  • Do we require caregivers to send us their ids/paperwork/etc?
    • IT'S OPTIONAL
    • That will change if it has to, I don't want info I don't need
    • So far our caregivers have been mostly playing nice
  • Does my identity become public information?
    • Nope, only I see it. 
  • Do we sell information?
    • NO! That would be immoral and probably illegal. 
    • I'd like to see any evidence you have that suggests we do this. Otherwise your just guessing - right? 
  • What's it cost?
    • All patients are free, over 90% of caregivers use grassmatch for free as well.
    • There are caregivers / co-ops who really clean up on GM, they pay between $14.95-$24.95 /mo. It's 1/10th the cost of any other avenue. Those people pay to keep the site open for the rest of us. 
  • Do we do a criminal background check?
    • Nope :(. I'm researching that now.
    • Good thing too - because obviously not all background checks are created equal...

As always, I extend an open invitation to anyone who wants to collaborate with me on Grassmatch. If you have a better way of connecting thousands of patients and caregivers together across Michigan, just demonstrate it to me and I'll shut down the site today and send my users to you. peter at grassmatch d0t com. 

Here I am in the common bar in Detroit. I came around to every hydro shop in the metro and met every doctor that's ever had a patient on Grassmatch just to show my face. 

I never intended to make it into SE Michigan - but people started finding us anyway... 

Peter_dm2fje.jpg

10 minutes ago, Guanotea1 said:

I do want to say I'm glad that this discussion forum exists, and I'm happy anytime I find a place that provides patients greater access and choices -dispensaries, forums, whatever. You can reach me at peter at Grassmatch dot. com if you want to talk.

• The Grassmatch Schill

• I don't know Phil, other than he's apparently used our system and it was OK for him, we are not affiliated. 

• Where's the evidence?

• I pulled his criminal history report from Michigan's State Police iChat system. It's a 'Mile Long" with very serious offenses - including robbery and assault. 
    •  

Hold it right there.

I searched on OTIS, the Michigan offender tracking service, and the 'Angel' MM Patient you outed wasn't on there. There was an offender on there with the same name but his age was not correct. Way older. Maybe his dad? So it's not the same person. You outed a patient with no criminal record in at least the last three years. You sent out copies of his patient card and drivers license. I would think that is a criminal offense in and of itself. 

16 minutes ago, Guanotea1 said:

• The Grassmatch Schill

• Where's the evidence?

• The other evidence against him includes: messages sent/received, reports from our users, descriptions from our users, pictures from our users matching exactly pictures he submitted to us, email addresses, phone numbers and mention IP/Device history.
    • I needed to warn people about him, I've got ideas for how to make those warnings more efficient in the future. 
  • Have we had problems?
    • Heck yes! We're not perfect human beings who can see the future. 
    • When we do have problems we do two things: (1) Communicate with our users & (2) FIGHT BACK 
  • Why do we now check ID's, paperwork, and marijuana cards of all patients?
    • TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST CROOKS 
    • TO MAKE SURE PATIENTS ARE LEGITIMATE. 
  • Do we require caregivers to send us their ids/paperwork/etc?
    • IT'S OPTIONAL
    • That will change if it has to, I don't want info I don't need
    • So far our caregivers have been mostly playing nice
  • Does my identity become public information?
    • Nope, only I see it. 
  • Do we sell information?
    • NO! That would be immoral and probably illegal. 
    • I'd like to see any evidence you have that suggests we do this. Otherwise your just guessing - right? 
  • What's it cost?
    • All patients are free, over 90% of caregivers use grassmatch for free as well.
    • There are caregivers / co-ops who really clean up on GM, they pay between $14.95-$24.95 /mo. It's 1/10th the cost of any other avenue. Those people pay to keep the site open for the rest of us. 
  • Do we do a criminal background check?
    • Nope :(. I'm researching that now.
    • Good thing too - because obviously not all background checks are created equal...

You sent a picture of a patients MM card and their drivers license to all members of your site. Then it was posted here also.

So EVERYONE gets to see the information that a patient or caregiver sends you, EVERYONE sees it.

GRASSMATCH QUOTE: I needed to warn people about him, I've got ideas for how to make those warnings more efficient in the future. 

People need to be warned off your site. That's what is needed. That's what has been done. And it will be just as efficient in the future should you continue to put patients and caregivers at risk. 

I'm hoping Angel sees this and gets an attorney to sue your arse raggidy. 

7 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Hold it right there.

I searched on OTIS, the Michigan offender tracking service, and the 'Angel' MM Patient you outed wasn't on there. There was an offender on there with the same name but his age was not correct. Way older. Maybe his dad? So it's not the same person. You outed a patient with no criminal record in at least the last three years. You sent out copies of his patient card and drivers license. I would think that is a criminal offense in and of itself. 

I'm not responsible for maintaining the state criminal databases.

Like I said the report is from iChat, I'm staring at it right here, DOB is exact. You're spending a lot of time worrying about a guy who robbed a bunch of caregivers. His last offense was 8 months ago. Was my response entirely appropriate? No, I'd take some of it back. Would I track this guy down again and warn people about him again? Yes!!!!!

Just now, Guanotea1 said:

Like I said the report is from iChat, I'm staring at it right here, DOB is exact. You're spending a lot of time worrying about a guy who robbed a bunch of caregivers. His last offense was 8 months ago. Was my response entirely appropriate? No, I'd take some of it back. Would I track this guy down again and warn people about him again? Yes!!!!!

If he's not on OTIS then he has no criminal record in the last three years.

1 minute ago, Guanotea1 said:

People/patients are innocent until proven guilty. 

You are acting like a judge and jury using hearsay from unsubstantiated accountings. 

And without anything but your kangaroo court you have sent a patient's information all over the internet as a sentence. 

10 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

You sent a picture of a patients MM card and their drivers license to all members of your site. Then it was posted here also.

So EVERYONE gets to see the information that a patient or caregiver sends you, EVERYONE sees it.

You're stretching it an awful lot. 

I was overzealous when I sent out that id. For sure, bad move, and I accept the blowback from that.

I just wanted caregivers to know that this guy was really dangerous and absolutely 100% unrelentingly after them. Here's a guy with multiple burner phones, burner email addresses, a violent rap sheet, robbing caregivers and continuing to try to rob them even after we implemented new ID verification procedures. We made a trap for him and he finally fell into it.