Is Grassmatch a legitimate site?

1 minute ago, Guanotea1 said:

You know the problem you're having?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Confirmation bias. The tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirm's one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.

People who have been using cannabis since the '60's or '70's have a natural paranoia. Also a BS detector. If it looks like BS, chances are very good it IS B.S. You have posted in the wrong site to try and explain yourself. Not many people from here are going to fall for your scam. Run along and sell your patient lists to the highest bidders. Which I'm sure was your entire gameplan.

Not from this state? Dude, I went to Novi. What am I doing with a Degree from UM again? Then I made a website that's helped thousands, then I moved, then I came back, then I moved again. What business is it of yours? Get over it.

There usually won't be police records when caregivers are involved. It's often not in the C.G's best interest to open himself up to LEO. That's part of the reason that C.G's deserve to be protected, and the whole reason as to why we check patient's ID. 

2 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

We know you aren't even from Michigan and are a liar. You sent at least one patient's ID all over the internet. Those are clear facts. No one needs your website. You are a failure. An insecure and unsecure person/website. 

How did we even get drawn into this drama? I don't need the stress in my life. We outed the idiot...for me it's time to move on, I guess.

Not from this state? Dude, I went to Novi. What am I doing with a Degree from UM again? Then I made a website that's helped thousands, then I moved, then I came back, then I moved again. What business is it of yours? Get over it.

There usually won't be police records when caregivers are involved. It's often not in the C.G's best interest to open himself up to LEO. That's part of the reason that C.G's deserve to be protected, and the whole reason as to why we check patient's ID. 

Super liar. You definitely are the same liar we had here that used the ID grassmatch. You denied that before. Just lies on top of lies after you started with lying. 

2 minutes ago, Dalbert said:

How did we even get drawn into this drama? I don't need the stress in my life. We outed the idiot...for me it's time to move on, I guess.

We got drawn in because we are real people who actually give two hoots about others. Happens all the time. What a mess of asshats we have to deal with every day. No end to the long line of them. 

2 minutes ago, Guanotea1 said:

Wow. Just wow. More lies on top of lies. <sigh>..

Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in.....

If people got robbed, there are 2 choices. Go to the police and make a report. And that would be a public record. We would need to see links to give you any credibility. Or the other choice if a CG gets robbed? Just report it to you and let you post a patient's info, info you say you don't keep. So...either prove CGs were robbed or admit you lied about keeping a patient's info. Yeah, you set a trap...sure. I do see a trap but it's not the type you're trying to explain away.   Jeez...more posts=more lies.

I'll reiterate:

1. We setup a trap to confirm the identity of a robber  who was terrorizing human beings across Grassmatch and probably elsewhere.
  2. We outed that robber. Yay!
  3. We apologized, not because we outed the robber, but because we included more information in that outing than was absolutely necessary. (To be clear we'd out him again)
  4. This circus ensued

Go back to the first pages of this thread. Anyone who jumped to defend this service was summarily shot down as shills. This is confirmation bias 101.

The overwhelming vast majority of meets on Grassmatch go well, because the overwhelming majority of people in the program are good people. But when something does go wrong, we try to address it with software and procedures because that's the right thing to do. Still, you can't please all the people all the time - and after you become popular enough there will always be a few people that hate you.

We're not arguing with Resto, or Dalbert here. We don't care what they think. We want to make sure that patients and caregivers who run by this thread have accurate information.

14 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

We got drawn in because we are real people who actually give two hoots about others. Happens all the time. What a mess of asshats we have to deal with every day. No end to the long line of them. 

Yes, you're correct. Trying to protect our community. But I'm afraid it's pointless. For every person we warn away, several more fall for it. After all, people must still fall for those fake IRS phone calls. Otherwise, the scammers would have all moved on to something else.

We're not arguing with Resto, or Dalbert here. We don't care what they think. We want to make sure that patients and caregivers who run by this thread have accurate information.

It's your basic business practice that has raised questions. How about telling folks you need their date of birth, social security number and address? I'm sure you could find hundreds, or even thousands, of suckers to give out personal info like this. I'll pass. Don't need your intrusiveness. Thank you very much but I'll find my meds from a much more reputable source. 

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

Never give out your personal information to anyone on the internet. Period. End of it. 

Lol...you're preaching to the choir. I know better, you know better and millions of other people know better. And yet these scammers have unlimited people falling for their scams. Greed and stupidity as well as gullibility. And in some cases it's compassion.

To fully round out the situation;

Never give your information to any stranger asking for it on the internet or what happened to these caregivers will happen to you.

The caregivers that gave their information to GRASSMATCH were robbed BECAUSE they gave their identification to GRASSMATCH.

At least one patient that gave their information to GRASSMATCH had their information plastered all over the internet because they gave it to GRASSMATCH.

GRASSMATCH has made victims of caregivers and patients here in Michigan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was on this site and met alot of good people. Recently gm announced it was going to strictly pay site. I emailed the owner/ceo and asked him why his decision to go to a pay site. He replied that he is sick of the freeloaders making money as caregivers and not picking a pay plan. So i guess if your a free member on that site your a freeloader. I will not be paying to be on that site.

Blunt but correct. Grassmatch is going paid-only for caregivers. We're changing our proposition to caregivers

"Caregivers: come on to Grassmatch and maybe they'll be enough patients to go around"

to

"Caregivers: come on to Grassmatch, you'll have to pay us, but if you do you'll likely be able to keep your garden in full swing"

If that's not interesting to anyone - it's totally OK - there are lots of other places you can pick up patients. This forum, craigslist, family/friends circles, expos, certification centers (sometimes), outside the parking lots of dispensaries, through current patient referrals, the list goes on and on. If you do the legwork - which will cost you time and money - then Grassmatch won't have to. As of yet, we're doing the legwork, but we're doing a shite job because we don't have the $$ to do it properly for all the C.G's we've got.

• 2 months later...

Personally I've only ever had this username on this site, for many, many years - prior to the founding of Grassmatch. I can only guess that the person you are referring to once went by the username 'Grassmatch' - a person who actually never had a stake in Grassmatch, but someone whom I consider a net positive influence in the early years of Medical Marijuana in Michigan and elsewhere. He was not a shill for GM, not a bot, just a person who dug our work as much as we dug his. I'm not aware of the problems Restorium2 and the user Grassmatch had. 

I came here originally to get/receive growing advice, strain recommendations, and connect with patients. I read way more than I posted, and I found (and continue to find) this site as mostly a source of inspiration.

9 minutes ago, Guanotea1 said:

Personally I've only ever had this username on this site, for many, many years - prior to the founding of Grassmatch. I can only guess that the person you are referring to once went by the username 'Grassmatch' - a person who actually never had a stake in Grassmatch, but someone whom I consider a net positive influence in the early years of Medical Marijuana in Michigan and elsewhere. He was not a shill for GM, not a bot, just a person who dug our work as much as we dug his. I'm not aware of the problems Restorium2 and the user Grassmatch had. 

I came here originally to get/receive growing advice, strain recommendations, and connect with patients. I read way more than I posted, and I found (and continue to find) this site as mostly a source of inspiration.

I had no problem

Grassmatch had many id's and talked with more than one in a thread. Did that on many sites. Just a crazy, multipersona on the internet. Or a Russian hack, same same. 

9 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Grassmatch was very helpful to the forum.

He helped lots of people with they grow issues.

Which one? Sometimes he helped his other ID's. He would make a newby, ask a question, answer it, then thank himself. Not just on this site. He even admitted it! He said, "What's wrong with that?" or "So what?"

And when the political stuff hit he was all over it with all of his ID's. Just like the Russians that did that all over the internet.